Main Menu

LGTBQIA2S+

Started by papasmurf, May 31, 2023, 11:35:28 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 31, 2023, 08:50:39 PM
How else is Smurf going to get Eamonn Holmes latest whining about Schofield? 
That is when I change to a foreign channel on the motorised satellite system.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on May 31, 2023, 08:02:34 PM
That's the lamest excuse I've heard in a while from a closet fascist.

There's loads more news sources out there with greater credibility that comment on the way this country's leaders operate without joining either the CPGB or Putin's mafia...
How else is Smurf going to get Eamonn Holmes latest whining about Schofield?  

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on May 31, 2023, 08:02:34 PM
That's the lamest excuse I've heard in a while from a closet fascist.

There's loads more news sources out there with greater credibility that comment on the way this country's leaders operate without joining either the CPGB or Putin's mafia...
Closet fascist? What the hell are you on about? I am not and have never been a member of any political party or supporter of one, (I also have no idea what the CPGB is, and I hate Putin )

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 07:22:36 PM
Frankly I watch GB News because it covers news items no other British channel does. (In amongst the racist rhetoric and ill informed prejudiced comment about people on benefit.)
That's the lamest excuse I've heard in a while from a closet fascist.

There's loads more news sources out there with greater credibility that comment on the way this country's leaders operate without joining either the CPGB or Putin's mafia...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 07:22:36 PM
Frankly I watch GB News because it covers news items no other British channel does. (In amongst the racist rhetoric and ill informed prejudiced comment about people on benefit.)
Just use the shorthand: lazy bastards!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on May 31, 2023, 07:08:42 PM
So why log GB News minutes on inconsequential topics? If you haven't by now realised it's a Right Wing wankfest, why should we pay any attention to your views again?

Or are you today's Mary Whitehouse, protecting our impressionabilty...?

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 04:49:49 PM
Because there was naff all else on the news. Just before 16.00 hours today GB News wasted another 15 minutes on a related "news," item.
So why log GB News minutes on inconsequential topics? If you haven't by now realised it's a Right Wing wankfest, why should we pay any attention to your views again?

Or are you today's Mary Whitehouse, protecting our impressionabilty...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on May 31, 2023, 02:29:55 PM
From.my perspective the majority of the recent noise is coming from the "enough of this gay stuff" side.
Probably
Quote from: BeElBeeBub on May 31, 2023, 02:29:55 PMYeah there are a rainbow of rainbow themed events happening and frankly I can't keep up,  but the fact that your local bakery has rainbow cupcakes on sale one week or there's a man dressed as a woman (or woman dressed as a man) on telly outside of panto season affects me not one bit.
No nor me .I just ignore it 

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on May 31, 2023, 02:29:55 PM
What does worry me is climate change, the rise of the far right, the cost of living crisis, health care and education, the UK demographic time bomb, global refugee crisis, trust in politics, the Balkans, the middle east, China, Russia, sewage in rivers and about a hundred other things before what's in a random stranger's underwear
Well this is why I replied to Papa really . We all worry about different things to some degree and as you say there are a 100 other subjects we would rather see as topics of conversation or debate rather than gay issues which I cant see being of any interest to anyone but them . As I say I turn off when the LBGT topics come up and I find Im turning off more often  , it doesnt worry me ,Im just not fecking interested .

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 31, 2023, 04:46:57 PM
If it's that widespread why do you have to watch it wall to wall, just shot your own argument.
Because there was naff all else on the news. Just before 16.00 hours today GB News wasted another 15 minutes on a related "news," item.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 03:00:49 PM
Have you tried watching them live? Wall to wall.
If it's that widespread why do you have to watch it wall to wall, just shot your own argument. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on May 31, 2023, 03:41:54 PM
An associated sub-story seems to be the This Morning soap of Phil and Holly. Now I see there's a parliamentary select committee looking into broadcasting which looks like it's in danger of venturing into the This Morning territory.

I hope not, because as has been highlighted, there's far more important things to deal with...
The news is getting so trivial, (apart from the possibility of Boris facing jail and the government falling,) I have come close to not bothering with it.

patman post

An associated sub-story seems to be the This Morning soap of Phil and Holly. Now I see there's a parliamentary select committee looking into broadcasting which looks like it's in danger of venturing into the This Morning territory.

I hope not, because as has been highlighted, there's far more important things to deal with...

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 31, 2023, 02:58:34 PM
Google News just now:  no mention of any LGBTQ . . .  issue on front page  https://news.google.com/home?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB:en

Bing News just now.  24th story has some vague relevance https://www.bing.com/news

Reuters Uk:  no mention

Another day in Smurf Mythland
Have you tried watching them live? Wall to wall. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 31, 2023, 02:52:42 PM
I repeat NOT on any main news site front page nor was it the lead story on any news bulletin.  That your perception is that it dominated the news says much about you and nothing that's good.
I don't know what TV news bulletins you watch but ALL of the mainstream ones have had an LGTBQIA2S+ story on them on a near daily basis, as have chat shows, and similar.

Unlucky4Sum

Google News just now:  no mention of any LGBTQ . . .  issue on front page  https://news.google.com/home?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB:en 

Bing News just now.  24th story has some vague relevance https://www.bing.com/news

Reuters Uk:  no mention

Another day in Smurf Mythland