House prices fall at fastest pace in nearly 14 years

Started by Borchester, June 01, 2023, 05:10:21 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2023, 12:01:32 PM
And people like you have no idea what goes on, clearly.
I know that the anti claimant propaganda is just that. Propaganda. A few cherry picked bad examples for a sensationalist TV program does not reflect the reality. (The reality is something that rarely if every get reported in media/press.)
You won't see ANY mainstream reporting about this. (Embedded links at link.)

DWP hands hundreds of millions more to firms linked to claimant deaths... but not Atos – Disability News Service
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 02, 2023, 06:22:22 AM
Listen , I live on a mixed estate , private and council and the Mrs works for the council so I know whos who and whos sitting at home all day . . .
One of my friends was assaulted by some ignoramus accusing of him being a layabout bum because he was always walking his dog during daylight hours.   Was it you by any chance?  My friend worked nights.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2023, 11:08:53 AM
My Parents NEVER got child benefit, school is paid for by taxes that my parents paid, same for the NHS: they are NOT benefits, same as pension is deferred wages.
So no, never had benefits.
State pension at best only half funded by the contributions, NHS similar.  

Average annual wages in UK are £33,384 paying £6,659 in NI and tax for those economically active ie ~£3.3k average for every man, woman and child but gov spend this tax year on pensions, health, education and defence is £570B ie ~£8.5k average for same man, woman and child.   

The average person is getting back far more than they are putting in.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 02, 2023, 11:42:31 AM
That program is nasty propaganda and people like you fall for it hook, line and sinker.
And people like you have no idea what goes on, clearly. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 02, 2023, 11:42:31 AM
That program is nasty propaganda and people like you fall for it hook, line and sinker.

That still does not explain why you, childless and living off your relatives, still ended up on the dole.

Do tell Pappy :)
Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on June 02, 2023, 11:18:19 AM
You only need to look at shows like Benefits Britain to know what's really going on in the country.
You only have to see posts by people that believe Ch5 accurately portrays life in Britain to realise there is so much stupidity in this country.   

They probably believe Police Interceptors are constantly chasing cars 24/7

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2023, 10:18:29 AM
No I havent.

Pappy has and if it was good enough for him it should be good enough for us.:)

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on June 02, 2023, 11:18:19 AM
You only need to look at shows like Benefits Britain to know what's really going on in the country.

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: papasmurf on June 01, 2023, 08:15:09 PM
There is NOT a layabout army. It is a disgraceful mindset that there is NO data to back up.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 02, 2023, 10:58:38 AM
Your parents will have. Child benefit. Also you have never had any state education? Never used the NHS?
My Parents NEVER got child benefit, school is paid for by taxes that my parents paid, same for the NHS: they are NOT benefits, same as pension is deferred wages.
So no, never had benefits.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2023, 10:18:29 AM
No I havent.
Your parents will have. Child benefit. Also you have never had any state education? Never used the NHS?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 02, 2023, 07:15:56 AM
Nick if you were born in Britain you have at some time benefited from the welfare state.
No I havent.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2023, 06:52:52 AM
Good, the more hostile the better. I've never claimed a single benefit in my life, you clearly have.
Nick if you were born in Britain you have at some time benefited from the welfare state.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 01, 2023, 05:17:13 PM
Borchester you have yet again demonstrated you know zero about the benefits system, and as for council houses what council houses? Layabout  army ? What layabout army? That is only in your mind. If you knew anything about the data involving unemployment and the hostile environment from government, the DWP, and government contractors towards benefit claimants, and the Claimant Commitment you would soon see what a fool you are making of yourself.
More data at link and charts:-
UK unemployment by time out of work 2023 | Statista

As of March 2023, there were around 848,000 people in the United Kingdom who had been unemployed for fewer than six months, compared with 169,000 unemployed for between 6 and 12 months, and 312,000 who were unemployed for more than a year.
Good, the more hostile the better. I've never claimed a single benefit in my life, you clearly have. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 01, 2023, 08:57:25 PM
Highly offensive to imply that the unemployed and those in 'council houses' are a layabout army.  I've no doubt a small % are but our numbers of unemployed are testament to failures by governments of all ilks who think as long as most people are doing OK or better at the moment then there's nothing wrong in having millions unemployed.  Well there very much is.  It's immoral and it's dangerous with its societal destabilising.
Listen , I live on a mixed estate , private and council and the Mrs works for the council so I know whos who and whos sitting at home all day . I know who asks for dropped kerbs and hardstanding to be put in so they can park the council funded 4x4 outside the house . I know who calls the council for the most minor of house maintenance jobs and I can see which scummy bastards leave their crap in their front gardens  

There is absolutely no excuse to be unemployed in London and there is no excuse to live like a bum , I can only comment how I see it . 
By the way are you offended yourself or are you being highly offended on somebody elses behalf ?