Boris and the hundred days

Started by Borchester, June 12, 2023, 12:44:14 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Three Hundreds of Chiltern - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Three Hundreds of Chiltern
The Chancellor of the Exchequer has this day appointed Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson to be Steward and Bailiff of the Three Hundreds of Chiltern.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on June 12, 2023, 05:17:15 PM

I can see that Boris' trump card is that he has nothing too lose. Even if he does see the Middle Guard broken by Maitland's volleys (sorry, loved that scene), he can still retire to a life surrounded by sacks of cash from his speaking tours. But as you say, the result may well be a break away party. It will be a hell of a long shot. New parties don't have much of a track record in the UK, but then again they weren't based on Brexit and lower taxes, so Bojo might be in with a chance.

Don't forget, Boris is only one disaster away from a life changing incident lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on June 12, 2023, 04:38:21 PM
It's all out war now between Sunak and Boris, and Boris has the trump card that he was democratically elected. I can see a break off party emerging with Boris the leader, a BS lot of MP's could see that as the only way to keep their seats.

I can see that Boris' trump card is that he has nothing too lose. Even if he does see the Middle Guard broken by Maitland's volleys (sorry, loved that scene), he can still retire to a life surrounded by sacks of cash from his speaking tours. But as you say, the result may well be a break away party. It will be a hell of a long shot. New parties don't have much of a track record in the UK, but then again they weren't based on Brexit and lower taxes, so Bojo might be in with a chance.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on June 12, 2023, 12:44:14 PM
The way I see it, Bojo has decide that anything is better than Elba, so he is moving to reclaim his throne. Sunak and Co have neither forgiven nor learned much, so they are just sitting there like cheese at four pence. They promised Brexit but don't want to implement it, while Starmer is just hoping that it will all go away, which has enabled Plumpton to humbug the pair of them. And there is no sign of Rishi coming up with a Wellington to match Boris.

That said, it is early days yet so we shall have to wait and see :)
It's all out war now between Sunak and Boris, and Boris has the trump card that he was democratically elected. I can see a break off party emerging with Boris the leader, a BS lot of MP's could see that as the only way to keep their seats. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

The way I see it, Bojo has decide that anything is better than Elba, so he is moving to reclaim his throne. Sunak and Co have neither forgiven nor learned much, so they are just sitting there like cheese at four pence. They promised Brexit but don't want to implement it, while Starmer is just hoping that it will all go away, which has enabled Plumpton to humbug the pair of them. And there is no sign of Rishi coming up with a Wellington to match Boris.

That said, it is early days yet so we shall have to wait and see :)
Algerie Francais !