The military personnel turning to food banks as cost of living crisis hits

Started by papasmurf, June 12, 2023, 01:09:14 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 12, 2023, 05:58:06 PM
Of course, cause doing a tour of NI is a breeze. The Gulf wars, the Falklands war, long running CQB's, undertaking  TACEVAL, being on a Sub, nurses dream of swapping places with these people. Not seeing your wife / husband / children for 9 months. From a man that is still adamant that the US gave him a visa just in case his plane was diverted! You have lived a very sheltered life and wouldn't know real life if it bit you on the arse, and I'm frankly bored of constantly battling against your  teen-like intellect. All the other MODS wanted rid of you for good, and I was the only one that stuck up for you, I must have been mad.
Nick none of those deployments lasted several years continuously. Nurses have been doing 8-12hours shifts and more because there are not enough of them. They have been doing since before the pandemic and continue to do so. (Something you TOTALLY fail to understand.)
Also I HAD to get the Visa or not travel. (You don't have a bloody clue.) The regulations that applied to me still do apply.
Frankly your lack of knowledge over a wide range of subjects is positively scary. It is YOU who had  a problem not me. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 12, 2023, 04:29:06 PM
Nick if you wish to comment  about the crap way the armed services are treated please feel free. Low pay, more deaths from suicide than on active service, 1/4 of those sleeping rough, far too many in prison and treated like dirt by the DWP.
BUT no member of the army services has been under the continual pressure for the length of time that nurses have.
Of course, cause doing a tour of NI is a breeze. The Gulf wars, the Falklands war, long running CQB's, undertaking  TACEVAL, being on a Sub, nurses dream of swapping places with these people. Not seeing your wife / husband / children for 9 months. From a man that is still adamant that the US gave him a visa just in case his plane was diverted! You have lived a very sheltered life and wouldn't know real life if it bit you on the arse, and I'm frankly bored of constantly battling against your  teen-like intellect. All the other MODS wanted rid of you for good, and I was the only one that stuck up for you, I must have been mad. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 12, 2023, 04:13:58 PM
You're talking rubbish, the forces have been paid less than the NHS for ever.

NO MEMBER OF THE ARMED SERVICES HAS BEEN UNDER THE SAME CONTINUAL PRESSURE AS NURSES lol lol lol lol

You are talking out of your arse.

They can be called on 24/7, do not get overtime and can get shot at. How many Doctors or Nurses ever went home in a box after a shift, or with limbs missing? Answer none. You need to give your head a wobble.
Nick if you wish to comment  about the crap way the armed services are treated please feel free. Low pay, more deaths from suicide than on active service, 1/4 of those sleeping rough, far too many in prison and treated like dirt by the DWP.
BUT no member of the army services has been under the continual pressure for the length of time that nurses have.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 12, 2023, 03:41:31 PM
Nick, I have known about armed services crap pay and conditions for a long time. No member of the armed services has been under the continual pressure nurses have been for many years due to the Tory government defunding the NHS.
You're talking rubbish, the forces have been paid less than the NHS for ever.

NO MEMBER OF THE ARMED SERVICES HAS BEEN UNDER THE SAME CONTINUAL PRESSURE AS NURSES lol lol lol lol 

You are talking out of your arse. 

They can be called on 24/7, do not get overtime and can get shot at. How many Doctors or Nurses ever went home in a box after a shift, or with limbs missing? Answer none. You need to give your head a wobble.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 12, 2023, 03:25:38 PM
Not once over the last two years have you acknowledged that they get paid far less than nurses.
It's obviously something that doesn't concern you.
Nick, I have known about armed services crap pay and conditions for a long time. No member of the armed services has been under the continual pressure nurses have been for many years due to the Tory government defunding the NHS.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 12, 2023, 03:13:24 PM
Nick I already knew about the armed forces being crapped on by the Tory Government. (I also suggest you read the link in full.)
Not once over the last two years have you acknowledged that they get paid far less than nurses.
It's obviously something that doesn't concern you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 12, 2023, 02:32:55 PM
Whilst you've been jumping up and down about poor old nurses for a year or more, I've been telling you that the forces are significantly paid less that them but you didn't give a monkeys, don't come all concerned now.

The story is totally inaccurate because Mess bills are taken from your salary at source.
Nick I already knew about the armed forces being crapped on by the Tory Government. (I also suggest you read the link in full.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 12, 2023, 01:09:14 PM
Frankly although it comes as no surprise to me at all, the Tory government should be ashamed:-

Revealed: The military personnel turning to food banks as cost of living crisis hits | UK News | Sky News

Monday 12 June 2023 12:57, UK
Whilst you've been jumping up and down about poor old nurses for a year or more, I've been telling you that the forces are significantly paid less that them but you didn't give a monkeys, don't come all concerned now.

The story is totally inaccurate because Mess bills are taken from your salary at source.

papasmurf