The Borage Party

Started by Nick, June 12, 2023, 06:56:46 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 19, 2023, 01:10:54 AM
The real politik is many Labour supporters turned to the Tories just to keep Corbyn out and so yes many will go back to voting Labour.

And your average Labour voter would probably vote for taxing anyone doing well at that 'one for you 19 for me' idiot level the Beatles told us about so well.

And don't expect them to want to preserve that 'be in the UK less than 91 days' tax break either.  Starmer may be no real leader but he's probably our best bet of keeping your and my money from the mob.
It's not a tax break, it's the fact that you're not tax resident. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 18, 2023, 07:12:12 PM
And you think they're going turn to Labour: a party that will tax the crap out of the rich? Tax business to the hilt. I've already made my business plan for when Labour get in, be in the U.K. less than 91 days and take every single penny out of my business tax free. And this is what Labour so not understand, increasing the tax burden on those that pay the most just causes them to change their habits and they get less.
The real politik is many Labour supporters turned to the Tories just to keep Corbyn out and so yes many will go back to voting Labour.

And your average Labour voter would probably vote for taxing anyone doing well at that 'one for you 19 for me' idiot level the Beatles told us about so well.

And don't expect them to want to preserve that 'be in the UK less than 91 days' tax break either.  Starmer may be no real leader but he's probably our best bet of keeping your and my money from the mob.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 18, 2023, 06:44:57 PM
Shows how much out of touch you are, so many of the Tory middle classes are some of the biggest 'watch the pennies' people you can meet.  They're certainly going to cough and moan at five grand a year.
And you think they're going turn to Labour: a party that will tax the crap out of the rich? Tax business to the hilt. I've already made my business plan for when Labour get in, be in the U.K. less than 91 days and take every single penny out of my business tax free. And this is what Labour so not understand, increasing the tax burden on those that pay the most just causes them to change their habits and they get less. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 18, 2023, 03:04:33 PM
You think that the Tory middle classes are going be concerned about £100? 😂
That shows out of touch with real life you are.
Shows how much out of touch you are, so many of the Tory middle classes are some of the biggest 'watch the pennies' people you can meet.   They're certainly going to cough and moan at five grand a year.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 18, 2023, 03:07:20 PM
As of Dec 2022, which seems to be the last time it was recorded there were 1.161 million job vacancies.
Which due to the churn in the benefits system is officially by the ONS deemed to be full employment. (Which is another reason there are so many job vacancies.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on June 18, 2023, 09:52:29 AM

Pappy, if the wages were telephones numbers and the staff housed at the Ritz, your layabout mates would still find an excuse to sit on their arses and sponge off the rest of society

As of Dec 2022, which seems to be the last time it was recorded there were 1.161 million job vacancies. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2023, 11:57:37 AM
He and Nick are typical I am alright Jack Tories. When the middle class are lumbered with another £100 a week to find because of rises in mortgage interest that will be a part of the Tory core vote gone.
You think that the Tory middle classes are going be concerned about £100? 😂 
That shows out of touch with real life you are. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 18, 2023, 11:49:22 AM
It's hard to work out if Borky is just thick, trolling or really does want people to die of cold and starvation
He and Nick are typical I am alright Jack Tories. When the middle class are lumbered with another £100 a week to find because of rises in mortgage interest that will be a part of the Tory core vote gone.

Unlucky4Sum

It's hard to work out if Borky is just thick, trolling or really does want people to die of cold and starvation

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester on June 18, 2023, 09:52:29 AM

Pappy, if the wages were telephones numbers and the staff housed at the Ritz, your layabout mates would still find an excuse to sit on their arses and sponge off the rest of society

As I pointed out, the benefit cap is between £11k (half a couple outside London) and £16k (so single person in London)

That includes unemployment and housing and child benefits plus a bunch of others.

£16k in London is piss all. Barely enough to pay for rent.

I was paying £12k rent over a decade ago. Last time I looked my old apartment was going for £24k a year rent.

Of course as soon as you start with a job you lose 55p of benefits for every £1 you earn i.e. are only 45p better off.  If you're on minimum wage you are working for about £4.50 an hour.

An 8hour shift will see you better off buy less than £40

If you have a kid in nursery that can cost you £30 easily.

So you come home from your 8 hour shift with a tenner to show for it.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2023, 10:09:49 PM
There are millions of job vacancies, if they want to work what is stopping them? Apart from the fact that benefits are more lucrative than working?
  ^

There are not 'millions of job vacancies'   https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/jobsandvacanciesintheuk/june2023

A
nd it doesn't take more than vestigial intelligence to realise that there will always be limited ability and location match up of unemployed to those vacancies.  

So what's your excuse for posting such malicious hate driven drivel?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 18, 2023, 08:11:29 AM
Could not have put it better myself. Loads of job vacancies where I live low pay seasonal with  background of nowhere for staff needed live because of very high rents due to AirB&B, holiday lets, and second homes hogging the market.
The unsocial hours of the majority of the jobs means getting to them on public transport is not possible.
Also there are far more job vacancies locally than people available to fill them.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 18, 2023, 08:01:41 AM
Are benefits being more lucrative than working? The benefits cap varies between £11k and £17k.per year (depending on circumstances and location). That s not much, it's considerably less than the full time minimum wage of around £20k

Of course, there are.many economic barriers to working - travel and child/other care costs are biggies. For example nurseries can easily top £6k a year per child. Say another £2k for travel to work, and suddenly you're having your kids raised by someone else and working all day for the equivalent of less than £5 an hour.

Then we have the skills and location mismatch.

No good there being an electrician vacancy if it's 200miles away and you're a chef.

Loads.of *seasonal* jobs fruit picking - again no good if you live in Manchester and have to look after your elderly mother part time.
Could not have put it better myself. Loads of job vacancies where I live low pay seasonal with  background of nowhere for staff needed live because of very high rents due to AirB&B, holiday lets, and second homes hogging the market.
The unsocial hours of the majority of the jobs means getting to them on public transport is not possible.
Also there are far more job vacancies locally than people available to fill them.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2023, 10:09:49 PM
There are millions of job vacancies, if they want to work what is stopping them? Apart from the fact that benefits are more lucrative than working?
Are benefits being more lucrative than working? The benefits cap varies between £11k and £17k.per year (depending on circumstances and location). That s not much, it's considerably less than the full time minimum wage of around £20k

Of course, there are.many economic barriers to working - travel and child/other care costs are biggies. For example nurseries can easily top £6k a year per child. Say another £2k for travel to work, and suddenly you're having your kids raised by someone else and working all day for the equivalent of less than £5 an hour.

Then we have the skills and location mismatch.

No good there being an electrician vacancy if it's 200miles away and you're a chef.

Loads.of *seasonal* jobs fruit picking - again no good if you live in Manchester and have to look after your elderly mother part time.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 17, 2023, 02:05:52 PM
You really are the ambassador for Trollenstein aren't you.

You and SW have F@@@ all understanding of the misery of unemployment and/or the threat of it is for millions that really do want to work.  But the Maily Express owners just own you too.