The very Brtish practice of selling your wife

Started by Baron von Lotsov, February 09, 2020, 10:50:28 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=16024 time=1581352011 user_id=51
What a good word:

Anodyne: not likely to cause offence or disagreement and somewhat dull.

SO why would you inhabit it and keep coming here with one liners like that.  :thdwn:

Literal meaning is:

"having power to relieve pain" from anodynos
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Borchester

Actually, I think we should cut Lottie some slack. As has already been suggested, he probably isn't getting much and all that dirty water building up in his chest is bound to cloud his thinking.

According to Wiki, until the passing of the Marriage Act of 1753, a formal ceremony of marriage before a clergyman was not a legal requirement in England, and many marriages went unregistered. That said the Tudors (Henry VIII) required the parish priests to keep a record of  all marriages, deaths and births in their areas. And this suggests that

(a) there was probably a lot of confusion as to who was married and who was not

(b) unless their was a good reason such as property or money involved, most folk were not that bothered.

(c) all ancestors lives were a lot more cheerfully rackety than we sometimes imagine

(
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=16010 time=1581346573 user_id=50
He'd struggle to sell his wife. There probably isn't much of a market for used inflatable dolls.

Bugger it BYT, I wanted to say that  :D
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=16010 time=1581346573 user_id=50
He'd struggle to sell his wife.

Has he actually got one?

QuoteThere probably isn't much of a market for used inflatable dolls.

Hmmm  :kikass:
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=16002 time=1581343621 user_id=70
Besides, this is a fairly anodyne forum most of the time...

What a good word:

Anodyne: not likely to cause offence or disagreement and somewhat dull.

SO why would you inhabit it and keep coming here with one liners like that.  :thdwn:
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15970 time=1581326309 user_id=50
What's this, your umpteenth negative thread about women, Lotsov? Other posters could carry this off as humorous, but with your record it doesn't really fly. It's just yet another provocative post in a long line of provocative posts from someone with deep insecurities. How many threads do you intend to start about women? One a week? Give it a rest ffs, you boring adolescent.

They do make up 50% of the population.

I think your comments above are describing yourself though. I started a positive thread. This could solve our problems. No need for an expensive divorce when you can cash in on the transaction. No wonder the grubby lawyers of the time did not like it.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=15995 time=1581341527 user_id=49
Shame there ain't a 'Brtish' practice of selling self important and egotistical forum members, who like to make passive (and sometimes not so passive) aggressive posts about women.

Mind you, selling may be a problem, it's more likely we'd have to offer camels to complete the transaction - and I'm not at all sure there are enough left on the world. Anyone fancy a whipround?

He'd struggle to sell his wife. There probably isn't much of a market for used inflatable dolls.

T00ts

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=16002 time=1581343621 user_id=70
I'm sure minorities can stand up for themselves — especially if they're represented on management. Besides, this is a fairly anodyne forum most of the time...

It's true - but there is always a straw that breaks the camels back. The fact that there is management representation shouldn't make any difference.

patman post

I'm sure minorities can stand up for themselves — especially if they're represented on management. Besides, this is a fairly anodyne forum most of the time...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Perhaps it's time to revise the forum rules since it is very rude to a minority. ;)

Bright Young Thing

Shame there ain't a 'Brtish' practice of selling self important and egotistical forum members, who like to make passive (and sometimes not so passive) aggressive posts about women.

Mind you, selling may be a problem, it's more likely we'd have to offer camels to complete the transaction - and I'm not at all sure there are enough left on the world. Anyone fancy a whipround?
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=15975 time=1581330995 user_id=51
You tell 'em Dawg - and what's this about BRTISH?  :lol:

Thomas will be along shortly to explain the different between Britian Britain Brtish and whether it is Great or not.  :roll:

Thread locked for moderation
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15970 time=1581326309 user_id=50
What's this, your umpteenth negative thread about women, Lotsov? Other posters could carry this off as humorous, but with your record it doesn't really fly. It's just yet another provocative post in a long line of provocative posts from someone with deep insecurities. How many threads do you intend to start about women? One a week? Give it a rest ffs, you boring adolescent.

You tell 'em Dawg - and what's this about BRTISH?  :lol:

Thomas will be along shortly to explain the different between Britian Britain Brtish and whether it is Great or not.  :roll:
† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg