Ashes 2023

Started by Nick, June 17, 2023, 11:57:58 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 04, 2023, 12:59:07 PM
If this was a county match I would agree but its not its an Ashes series where the temperature gets ramped up and anything goes bar murder .Indeed ,England need to get their game face on ,its all been too pally so far .Lets hope so
And as Broady said to Carey, forever you will be remembered for this incident.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 04, 2023, 11:43:09 AM
I guess that's the difference between Australia and England — Australia takes sport seriously, whereas England "play the game" according to some quaint rules of chivalry...
Really? That's why 3 players got banned for CHEATING, and the poor lad Bancroft has had his career ruined by Smith and Warner, the same Warner that punched Joe Root in the face in a pub when he was a young lad. If that's what you call serious then you can keep it.

SAME OLD AUSSIES, ALWAYS CHEATING!!

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 04, 2023, 10:22:27 AMwho should have reviewed properly but only checked if he was out of his ground.
?? I take it you don't watch Cricket then? If you mean out of his crease, he was, and the umpires made the only decision they could. Saying that, he dabbed his foot and that should have been enough for Carey. There was a great opportunity for the Aussies to put right Sandpaper gate and they blew it. It is going to be feisty now!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 04, 2023, 10:22:27 AM
Agree on the MCC.  It was poor by the Ozzies though who should have withdrawn the appeal and by the umpires who should have reviewed properly but only checked if he was out of his ground.  
If this was a county match I would agree but its not its an Ashes series where the temperature gets ramped up and anything goes bar murder .
Quote from: patman post on July 04, 2023, 11:43:09 AM
I guess that's the difference between Australia and England — Australia takes sport seriously, whereas England "play the game" according to some quaint rules of chivalry...
Indeed ,England need to get their game face on ,its all been too pally so far .
Expect to see mankads next test which could get toxic.
Lets hope so

patman post

Agree on the MCC.  It was poor by the Ozzies though who should have withdrawn the appeal and by the umpires who should have reviewed properly but only checked if he was out of his ground.  Expect to see mankads next test which could get toxic.
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on July 04, 2023, 10:12:19 AM
Shame England supporters get so upset that the England wicketkeeper gets dismissed by the Australian wicketkeeper because he wasn't paying attention and thought the ball was out of play.

Good to see the MCC applying the rules and penalising members who behaved badly over the completely legit dismissal.

And good end to the game though — England ended up within spitting distance of winning...
Agree on the MCC.  It was poor by the Ozzies though who should have withdrawn the appeal and by the umpires who should have reviewed properly but only checked if he was out of his ground.  Expect to see mankads next test which could get toxic.

patman post

Shame England supporters get so upset that the England wicketkeeper gets dismissed by the Australian wicketkeeper because he wasn't paying attention and thought the ball was out of play.

Good to see the MCC applying the rules and penalising members who behaved badly over the completely legit dismissal.

And good end to the game though — England ended up within spitting distance of winning...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Broad is on fire 🔥. Could pull the win off here. 

Unlucky4Sum

Barry

Is this thread from HG Wells "Time Machine"? ;)
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2023, 11:57:58 AM
Smith and Warner should not be in the Oz side after what they did.
Good start by England though.
Very good start

Saw Smith off the field a while back, he was in Pitt St Mall (Sydney) at some promotion for one of his sponsors and he really couldn't have done more to ensure the many kids there have a great 5 minutes they'll never forget.  He was a fool with that cheating those years ago but I can forgive him.

Warner is just a thug that can bat well.  Root seems to have no issues with him and it didn't happen on the field so I guess he should be allowed to be a member of their team.

And even better that they were Broad's victims of the morning

Nick

Smith and Warner should not be in the Oz side after what they did.
Good start by England though.