200 companies named for not paying staff minimum wage

Started by papasmurf, June 22, 2023, 07:00:22 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 02, 2023, 10:33:32 AM
Thanks but it wasn't just the language, you were using wrong figures.

And the data showed that 16 months ago France wages were higher than our wages now.  And if you look further you'd see that France wages have gone up 2% since that 16 months ago figure. 

And from same sources the French have average weekly hours of 31.7 compared to our 32 so that further indicates their salaries are higher. 
Until you come up with some 2023 figures for France, discussing it is futile. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on July 02, 2023, 07:55:23 AM
Agreed, I apologise, I shouldn't have used the language I did.
But the fact remains you're still using data from almost 2 years apart, so until you start comparing 2023 data it's pointless.
Thanks but it wasn't just the language, you were using wrong figures.

And the data showed that 16 months ago France wages were higher than our wages now.  And if you look further you'd see that France wages have gone up 2% since that 16 months ago figure.   

And from same sources the French have average weekly hours of 31.7 compared to our 32 so that further indicates their salaries are higher.   

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 01, 2023, 11:38:20 PM
Look the links I gave show that the French have higher gross wages than the UK, your post 36 contains a made up figure of '£24636' for the UK that does not appear in the UK link  I gave

The figure of 24636 is the number of thousands people in full time employment IE NOT the wages.

Look:  https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/indicators

Similar with the France link where you've imagined '23194 EUR' when 23194 is actually the number of thousands people in full time employment 

In short you have fucked up big time and been grossly abusive doing it and an apology is long overdue.
Agreed, I apologise, I shouldn't have used the language I did. 
But the fact remains you're still using data from almost 2 years apart, so until you start comparing 2023 data it's pointless. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on July 01, 2023, 08:31:46 PM
The full employment figures are in you link you buffoon, and you accuse me of not reading your link lol

I thought you were promising the academia of posts? 35 is not less than 32 lol  The French work 35 hours average, the U.K. 32 hrs. Read your own links FFS 🤦‍♂️.
Look the links I gave show that the French have higher gross wages than the UK, your post 36 contains a made up figure of '£24636' for the UK that does not appear in the UK link  I gave

The figure of 24636 is the number of thousands people in full time employment IE NOT the wages.

Look:  https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/indicators

Similar with the France link where you've imagined '23194 EUR' when 23194 is actually the number of thousands people in full time employment 

In short you have fucked up big time and been grossly abusive doing it and an apology is long overdue.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 01, 2023, 12:51:33 PM
Well it'd help if you'd provide a link to those 2023 full employment figures wouldn't it

Meantime I've proved that French gross wages per week, month and year are higher than UK gross wages.  if you're saying they work less hours then that would suggest their hourly salaries are higher.  Either way your supposition that French salaries are much lower than UK has been shredded.

I believe the BIG difference is in take home pay.
The full employment figures are in you link you buffoon, and you accuse me of not reading your link lol

I thought you were promising the academia of posts? 35 is not less than 32 lol  The French work 35 hours average, the U.K. 32 hrs. Read your own links FFS 🤦‍♂️. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on July 01, 2023, 12:40:16 PM
What a load of rubbish: you cannot compare salaries where one does 32 hrs and one does 35 hrs without levelling it.

And it's your fault if you put forward links as evidence that doesn't contain all the data.

As I said, why not use the 2023 Full employment figures like I did, which shows the French get paid less on average.
Well it'd help if you'd provide a link to those 2023 full employment figures wouldn't it 

Meantime I've proved that French gross wages per week, month and year are higher than UK gross wages.  if you're saying they work less hours then that would suggest their hourly salaries are higher.   Either way your supposition that French salaries are much lower than UK has been shredded. 

I believe the BIG difference is in take home pay.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 01, 2023, 11:52:14 AM
No because it was weekly salary that was compared with monthly and so take account of hours variations

And no yearly figures have been referenced
What a load of rubbish: you cannot compare salaries where one does 32 hrs and one does 35 hrs without levelling it.

And it's your fault if you put forward links as evidence that doesn't contain all the data.

As I said, why not use the 2023 Full employment figures like I did, which shows the French get paid less on average.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on July 01, 2023, 11:48:27 AM
Try using the data from 2023 which shows the yearly salary and not DEC 2021.

And try upping the hi-lighted from 32 hours to 35. OOOH, it comes out at £36,956.
No because it was weekly salary that was compared with monthly and so take account of hours variations 

And no yearly figures have been referenced

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 01, 2023, 09:41:59 AM
Not at all and the 16 months (not 2 years) just shows your original assertion to be more false.  And both links clearly show averages

From those links:

France Average Gross Monthly Wages (Dec 2021) €3321 = €39,852 annual ie £34,263.60    (at €1.163 to the £)

UK United Kingdom Average Weekly Wages (Mar 2023) = £648 =[highlight] £33,788.57[/highlight] annual

So even ignoring the ~2% growth in France wages in that 16 months your assertion was manifestly false.  Wages in France are higher.
Try using the data from 2023 which shows the yearly salary and not DEC 2021.

And try upping the hi-lighted from 32 hours to 35. OOOH, it comes out at £36,956.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on July 01, 2023, 07:56:43 AM
That data means absolutely nothing: for a start it is looking at data from 2 different years, 2 years apart. It doesn't say if it is average or mean average so it cannot be analysed.

But even using these figures:

UK Full time employed:  £24636 based on 32 hrs = 28675 EUR

France Full time employed 23194 EUR based on 35 hrs

28675 / 32 * 35 = 31363 EUR for a UK worker, so like I said, the wages in the UK are higher and have gone up since the previous figure, the French have gone down.
Not at all and the 16 months (not 2 years) just shows your original assertion to be more false.  And both links clearly show averages

From those links:

France Average Gross Monthly Wages (Dec 2021) €3321 = €39,852 annual ie £34,263.60    (at €1.163 to the £)

UK United Kingdom Average Weekly Wages (Mar 2023) = £648 = £33,788.57 annual

So even ignoring the ~2% growth in France wages in that 16 months your assertion was manifestly false.  Wages in France are higher.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 30, 2023, 09:09:31 PM
Stats say otherwise

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/wages  v  https://tradingeconomics.com/france/wages
That data means absolutely nothing: for a start it is looking at data from 2 different years, 2 years apart. It doesn't say if it is average or mean average so it cannot be analysed.

But even using these figures:

UK Full time employed:   £24636 based on 32 hrs = 28675 EUR

France Full time employed 23194 EUR based on 35 hrs

28675 / 32 * 35 = 31363 EUR for a UK worker, so like I said, the wages in the UK are higher and have gone up since the previous figure, the French have gone down.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2023, 03:27:05 PM
Some of it might be available from different employers but, in France, these benefits are required to be given to all employees by all employers. Imagine the communal sigh of relief if all employers had to pay 50% of employees' commuting costs — that's obligatory in France...
Salaries are a lot lower in France and they are treated like crap. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 25, 2023, 10:45:47 AM
There is nothing in the link showing anything that we don't see in the U.K.  It's written by an American from a perspective of the USA. It also has nothing to do with salary or the fact that Smurfs link is out of date. 
Some of it might be available from different employers but, in France, these benefits are required to be given to all employees by all employers. Imagine the communal sigh of relief if all employers had to pay 50% of employees' commuting costs — that's obligatory in France...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 25, 2023, 09:56:19 PM
Explains much...
It explains that you've turned into Smurf and can't prove your point.