This can't be right

Started by Streetwalker, June 26, 2023, 09:44:49 AM

« previous - next »

BeElBeeBub

There's also the point hat he can't be prosecuted so there is no issues about fair trial.amd they have only named him as a suspect which he is.

Maybe if the Met had done itcs job on the 2 or 3 occasions it had a chance to we wouldn't be in this situation.

The police are going to have a recruitment crisis, I know a really nice young lad who was going into the police. Had set his sights in it since he was a teenager. Would have made an excellent policeman.

Saw him recently, asked how it was going, he replied he was.training to be a paramedic as he'd been put of the police force, didn't want anything to do with it.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 26, 2023, 10:22:44 AM
The dead cannot be libelled.

The Stephen Lawrence murder story is really not yet over. The full story of the Police mishandling of the case from the start has yet to come to light. The Macpherson report barely touched the sides. While there are associates and sympathisers of the killers around, and the defacing of the Stephen Lawrence monuments continue, Stephen Lawrence's murder will still generate news items.

The difference in effort and care by the authorities over the handling of Kriss Donald's Stephen and Lawrence's murders is a constant reference point...
I wasnt really referencing Lawrence  he just happens to be the case in question , but more that fact that a dead person is being accused of a crime 

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 26, 2023, 10:39:42 AM
It's a bit more than libel but I can't recall the exact words now. But in essence yes. Something like the dead have no reputation to protect. Wierd realky.
But their Families do . Mrs SW like most Mums would be on this tiger like . There is no way her boys or the families rep is going to be damaged .
Quote from: Nick on June 26, 2023, 10:42:34 AM
I'm quite happy for anyone involved to be named, dead or alive. The whole episode by the MET stinks.
It stinks even more that plod couldn't  get the charges against the fella to stick when he was alive so think they can now he is dead ?  
This is now just a tick box excercise of guilty ,crime solved ,case closed .  

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 26, 2023, 09:44:49 AM
How are the BBC allowed to NAME a dead person as a suspect to a crime ?  Not exactly in a position to defend himself is he .

Stephen Lawrence: BBC names new suspect in UK's most notorious racist murder - BBC News

As said, you can't libel the dead, so there won't be any come back on the police. And it won't harm the reputation of the Mets because that is pretty non existent anyway.

I don't want to get schmultzy, but there was a time when I had some respect for the police. Not the brightest bulbs in the box and inclined to be a bit heavy handed, but their hearts were in the right place. But these days, F@@@ 'em.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

How are the BBC allowed to NAME a dead person as a suspect to a crime ?  Not exactly in a position to defend himself is he .

Stephen Lawrence: BBC names new suspect in UK's most notorious racist murder - BBC News
I'm quite happy for anyone involved to be named, dead or alive. The whole episode by the MET stinks. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on June 26, 2023, 10:22:44 AM

The Stephen Lawrence murder story is really not yet over. The full story of the Police mishandling of the case from the start has yet to come to light. The Macpherson report barely touched the sides. While there are associates and sympathisers of the killers around, and the defacing of the Stephen Lawrence monuments continue, Stephen Lawrence's murder will still generate news items.

The difference in effort and care by the authorities over the handling of Kriss Donald's Stephen and Lawrence's murders is a constant reference point...
It's a bit more than libel but I can't recall the exact words now. But in essence yes. Something like the dead have no reputation to protect. Wierd realky.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker