RMT boss criticises Starmer for not being on 'side of working people'

Started by SKY News, July 18, 2023, 01:00:13 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2023, 07:32:30 PM
Isn't it amazing how much material he can link when he's not making stuff up. lol
Nick you continual abuse of me because of you near total ignorance of current affairs is not acceptable.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2023, 07:14:05 PM
2,500 prosecutions within a passenger total of 2.5 Billion is to be fair not even a scratch on the problem . They give out warnings about fare evasion all day long but I haven't actually seen a ticket inspector for a few years either on the trains or the buses . They do make the odd ambush on the Croydon tram though when about ten of them all jump on at once , all the kids who haven't paid jump off and they take away someone who 'forgot to swipe the card'  .
Ive done it myself in the past though just my luck it always seemed to be that I forgot to swipe off which meant you paid to the end of the line , its easy done .
Isn't it amazing how much material he can link when he's not making stuff up. lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 18, 2023, 02:06:44 PM
Streetwalker, encouraging people to commit crime now are you?
Says the person that advocates violence on a regular basis. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2023, 07:14:05 PM
2,500 prosecutions within a passenger total of 2.5 Billion is to be fair not even a scratch on the problem . They give out warnings about fare evasion all day long but I haven't actually seen a ticket inspector for a few years either on the trains or the buses . They do make the odd ambush on the Croydon tram though when about ten of them all jump on at once , all the kids who haven't paid jump off and they take away someone who 'forgot to swipe the card'  .
Ive done it myself in the past though just my luck it always seemed to be that I forgot to swipe off which meant you paid to the end of the line , its easy done .
It is still a crime and people who condone it or do it ought to be ashamed of themselves. It is theft.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 18, 2023, 04:14:03 PM
Frankly fare dodging is disgraceful as well as criminal:-

Prosecutions - Transport for London (tfl.gov.uk)

Fare evasion is a criminal offence and you may be prosecuted. If convicted, you will:

Copy of Final Copy of TfL FOI_3520_2223_.xlsx (live.com)
2,500 prosecutions within a passenger total of 2.5 Billion is to be fair not even a scratch on the problem . They give out warnings about fare evasion all day long but I haven't actually seen a ticket inspector for a few years either on the trains or the buses . They do make the odd ambush on the Croydon tram though when about ten of them all jump on at once , all the kids who haven't paid jump off and they take away someone who 'forgot to swipe the card'  . 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 18, 2023, 02:06:44 PM
Just telling it how it is . (I get free travel) 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2023, 12:54:47 PM
Travel is free in London if you want it to be , nobody gets challenged anymore ,for a ticket , getting on the bus or jumping the barriers at train stations . Its a growing club as well

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 18, 2023, 11:43:56 AM
If you are poorly paid you can't afford to use a train to get to work anyway.
Travel is free in London if you want it to be , nobody gets challenged anymore ,for a ticket , getting on the bus or jumping the barriers at train stations . Its a growing club as well 

patman post

Travel to work, England and Wales - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

In England and Wales, 5.5 million usual residents aged 16 years and over in employment travelled to work by a main method other than as a driver or a passenger of a car or van (19.8%). After driving a car or van, the next selected mode of travel to work was on foot (2.1 million, 7.6%). The remaining responses for method of travel to work were:

• almost 1.2 million people (4.2%) travelled by bus, minibus or coach
  • 569,000 (2.0%) travelled by bicycle
  • 529,000 (1.9%) travelled by train
  • 505,000 (1.8%) travelled by underground, metro, light rail, or tram
  • 200,000 (0.7%) travelled by taxi
  • 129,000 (0.5%) travelled by motorcycle, scooter or moped
  • 286,000 (1.0%) travelled by another method of travel to work
In London, the RMT action (inaction) also covers underground, overground, light rail, etc, in addition to rail...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Bit of an assumption by you. New fare structures ease upfront payments. But not being able to get to work doesn't help.

On the question of which country is better to work in — a plus point for France is that employers there are mostly required to pay 50% of employees' commuting costs...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 18, 2023, 11:39:14 AM
Working people are frequently being stopped from getting to work by the actions of the transport unions. Many of most poorly paid don't get paid for the time they miss.

Mick Lynch appears to have the attitude that the most vulnerable are expendable in his fight for improvements in pay and already reasonable conditions...

Travel to work, England and Wales - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

In England and Wales, 5.5 million usual residents aged 16 years and over in employment travelled to work by a main method other than as a driver or a passenger of a car or van (19.8%). After driving a car or van, the next selected mode of travel to work was on foot (2.1 million, 7.6%). The remaining responses for method of travel to work were:

• almost 1.2 million people (4.2%) travelled by bus, minibus or coach
  • 569,000 (2.0%) travelled by bicycle
  • 529,000 (1.9%) travelled by train
  • 505,000 (1.8%) travelled by underground, metro, light rail, or tram
  • 200,000 (0.7%) travelled by taxi
  • 129,000 (0.5%) travelled by motorcycle, scooter or moped
  • 286,000 (1.0%) travelled by another method of travel to work

patman post

Working people are frequently being stopped from getting to work by the actions of the transport unions. Many of most poorly paid don't get paid for the time they miss. 

Mick Lynch appears to have the attitude that the most vulnerable are expendable in his fight for improvements in pay and already reasonable conditions...

SKY News

RMT boss criticises Starmer for not being on 'side of working people'

Union boss Mick Lynch has said Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has to show he is "on the side of the people" before the next general election.

Source: RMT boss criticises Starmer for not being on 'side of working people'