Nigel Farage gets apology from banking boss in Coutts row

Started by Borchester, July 20, 2023, 06:08:57 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on July 28, 2023, 10:24:51 AM
Now Farage has someone to compare notes with:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66328098
Thats fair enough , she has been given notice and told the reason , nothing at all like Farages case . They can compare notes though , they will find like everything else they have nothing in common 

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 24, 2023, 12:58:43 PM
You tell me — you're the one who raised the subject of the war in Ukraine and how it wasn't affecting the US.

My post was pointing out the high inflation in the UK compared to the Eurozone and the US, both of which have not had to struggle with the problems of Brexit.

Now you bring in Covid — are you suggesting neither the Eurozone or the US were affected by the pandemic...?
The war in the Ukraine isn't affecting the US that much, but it's still had high inflation. The EU has had no effect from Brexit, yet 50% of EU countries have higher inflation than the U.K, Germany is in recession, doesn't that tell you Brexit is not the issue, because it should.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 24, 2023, 11:53:37 AM
So how is the US giving $75 billion to the Ukraine got anything to do with inflation. Inflation is driven by people spending to much, and I wonder when there was a period when people couldn't spend? Perhaps it was Covid!!
You tell me — you're the one who raised the subject of the war in Ukraine and how it wasn't affecting the US. 

My post was pointing out the high inflation in the UK compared to the Eurozone and the US, both of which have not had to struggle with the problems of Brexit.

Now you bring in Covid — are you suggesting neither the Eurozone or the US were affected by the pandemic...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 24, 2023, 11:08:42 AM
So...?
So how is the US giving $75 billion to the Ukraine got anything to do with inflation. Inflation is driven by people spending to much, and I wonder when there was a period when people couldn't spend? Perhaps it was Covid!!

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on July 23, 2023, 09:42:04 PM
Inflation isn't driven by government spending.
I mean it can be, it's the classic route to inflation.
But 75bn is more or less a rounding error in the federal budget (plus the accounting for aid is not clear cut, how do you value military equipment pulled from storage? As new cost? Replacement cost? Scrap value?)

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 23, 2023, 03:55:57 PM
It's noticeable you don't dispute the figures I give — which is lucky, as they were cited by Jeremy Hunt.

https://news.sky.com/video/high-prices-still-huge-worries-despite-inflation-fall-says-chancellor-12923377

And prices are still rising at over 7% in the UK — over twice the amount it is in the US which, despite you claiming is unaffected by the war in Ukraine, has given more than $75 billion in aid to that country...
Inflation isn't driven by government spending. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 23, 2023, 11:57:54 AM
Your usual disingenuous offering Pat. Comparing the UK with the US, a country that is almost entirely insulated from the effect of Putin's war, and the average of a group of 27 countries!! Is this a reasonable comparison do you think? There is also 11 EU countries with higher inflation than the UK, including Sweden, the bastion of all things that are great we are told. Australia is also at 7%, is it being hampered by Brexit? Turkey on 38%!

How is it that the UK's GDP is 10% higher than France's and pulling away? Germany in recession!

In reality, inflation is driven by peoples spending, that means the UK came out of Covid in better shape than others, OR, Brexit put money in peoples pockets. Either way your argument is completely hollow and just smacks of desperation. Any other indicator that Brexit has damaged us Pat?
It's noticeable you don't dispute the figures I give — which is lucky, as they were cited by Jeremy Hunt.

https://news.sky.com/video/high-prices-still-huge-worries-despite-inflation-fall-says-chancellor-12923377

And prices are still rising at over 7% in the UK — over twice the amount it is in the US which, despite you claiming is unaffected by the war in Ukraine, has given more than $75 billion in aid to that country...

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on July 22, 2023, 09:12:22 PMwho sold our economy down the river
Rubbish, we had a democratic vote, and you lost, so suck it up!!

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on July 22, 2023, 09:12:22 PM
And that is another sad example of a Brexiteer who sold our economy down the river cos he fancied a spot of flag shagging, talking the usual kind of shite.

And that is another sad example of a remainer who betrayed his country because he hoped to make money out of it.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 23, 2023, 11:15:15 AM
Eurozone inflation 5%, US inflation 3%, UK inflation 7.9%.

What's the one thing the UK has had to negotiate that the others haven't?

Surely it cannot be that so many people in the UK were duped into voting their country into a downwardly mobile spiral...
Your usual disingenuous offering Pat. Comparing the UK with the US, a country that is almost entirely insulated from the effect of Putin's war, and the average of a group of 27 countries!! Is this a reasonable comparison do you think? There is also 11 EU countries with higher inflation than the UK, including Sweden, the bastion of all things that are great we are told. Australia is also at 7%, is it being hampered by Brexit? Turkey on 38%!

How is it that the UK's GDP is 10% higher than France's and pulling away? Germany in recession!

In reality, inflation is driven by peoples spending, that means the UK came out of Covid in better shape than others, OR, Brexit put money in peoples pockets. Either way your argument is completely hollow and just smacks of desperation. Any other indicator that Brexit has damaged us Pat?

patman post

Eurozone inflation 5%, US inflation 3%, UK inflation 7.9%.

What's the one thing the UK has had to negotiate that the others haven't? 

Surely it cannot be that so many people in the UK were duped into voting their country into a downwardly mobile spiral...

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on July 22, 2023, 09:12:22 PM
And that is another sad example of a Brexiteer who sold our economy down the river cos he fancied a spot of flag shagging, talking the usual kind of shite.
Still not seeing any downside to Brexit, I assume you do know what is driving the economic crisis ATM? It ain't Brexit as it is occurring across Europe. 

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on July 22, 2023, 01:45:19 PM
And that is the expected comment from someone who voted to betray the UK to Brussels
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.