Ultra Low Emission Zones

Started by papasmurf, August 30, 2023, 08:43:27 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 02, 2023, 11:53:29 AM
Of course I have been following it , being right on its border it has been a topic of much discussion locally for the past couple of years , what I dont know about ULEZ isn't worth talking about .(seriously)

As I have said Im not a fan of the way its been implemented and yes because of that some people will face hardship that could have been avoided . I appreciate not everyone wants to get a bus ,for some its impracticable , that doesn't mean that option is not there should they need it .
The problem is many people cannot use  buses, many people cannot buy a ULEZ compliant vehicle, and the £2000 scrappage payment is nowhere near enough.  The extended  ULEZ scheme is going to cause severe social problems, business closures and bankruptcies.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 02, 2023, 09:55:11 AM
Are you following news and current affairs about the expanded ULEZ zone at all? It is causing severe hardship, because people just cannot afford £12.50 a day. (More for commercial vehicles.)
Of course I have been following it , being right on its border it has been a topic of much discussion locally for the past couple of years , what I dont know about ULEZ isn't worth talking about .(seriously) 

As I have said Im not a fan of the way its been implemented and yes because of that some people will face hardship that could have been avoided . I appreciate not everyone wants to get a bus ,for some its impracticable , that doesn't mean that option is not there should they need it .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 01, 2023, 08:27:57 PM
Nor it seems do councillors
Are you following news and current affairs about the expanded ULEZ zone at all? It is causing severe hardship, because people just cannot afford £12.50 a day. (More for commercial vehicles.)

Streetwalker

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2023, 04:12:31 PM
Judges don't use buses.
You really can't follow the simplest of conversations can you. 🙄 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 01, 2023, 03:38:12 PM
As I have already said the outer London boroughs , namely jumped up councillors used the bus network in attempt to challenge ULEZ .
The judge who threw out the ULEZ challenge probably took one look at the bus timetables and dissmissed this part of the objection .
Anyway Im off for a pint , my bus awaits .
Judges don't use buses.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2023, 10:30:37 AM
I have posted one example there are many others for each district in the expanded ULEZ.
I have to ask if your television broken.  (Seriously.)

TfL bus boss admits 'far more' Outer London connections are needed when ULEZ expands - MyLondon
As I have already said the outer London boroughs , namely jumped up councillors used the bus network in attempt to challenge ULEZ . 
The judge who threw out the ULEZ challenge probably took one look at the bus timetables and dissmissed this part of the objection .
Anyway Im off for a pint , my bus awaits .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 01, 2023, 07:41:39 AM
Lets have some links to back that up .
I have posted one example there are many others for each district in the expanded ULEZ.
I have to ask if your television broken.  (Seriously.)

TfL bus boss admits 'far more' Outer London connections are needed when ULEZ expands - MyLondon

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 31, 2023, 06:26:11 PM
Your personal experience does not reflect the totality, given then sheer number of complaints about the lack of bus routes in the expanded ULEZ zone. I keep up with news and current affairs.
Lets have some links to back that up .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 31, 2023, 05:21:27 PM
Give it up Papa ,  there are no problems with the buses in outer London , I do use them most days even if its just to go for a pint .
Your personal experience does not reflect the totality, given then sheer number of complaints about the lack of bus routes in the expanded ULEZ zone. I keep up with news and current affairs.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 31, 2023, 04:03:27 PM
But when the serious problems are now.
Give it up Papa ,  there are no problems with the buses in outer London , I do use them most days even if its just to go for a pint .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 31, 2023, 04:00:22 PM
LOL you are a muppet , it was a sample of what , that outer London has decent transport links that are about to get better ?

Id say one thing for Kant , he has prioritised public transport and cycle lanes over general traffic during his term . Even if it has skint London its better than it was .

Butt Kick
But when the serious problems are now.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 31, 2023, 11:20:28 AM
Yes I did. Public transport in the expanded ULEZ zone is crap. That link was just a sample.
LOL you are a muppet , it was a sample of what , that outer London has decent transport links that are about to get better ?

Id say one thing for Kant , he has prioritised public transport and cycle lanes over general traffic during his term . Even if it has skint London its better than it was . 

Butt Kick

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 31, 2023, 10:10:25 AM
Do you readyour own links ?

Yes I did. Public transport in the expanded ULEZ zone is crap. That link was just a sample.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 31, 2023, 08:57:01 AM
Try googling this, "loss of bus routes london" Your perception and the reality is very different.

Just one example:- The full list of 9 London bus routes set to disappear this year after huge TfL cuts - MyLondon
Do you readyour own links ? 

London buses are often changed or re-routed to allign with demand . The article does also suggest that cuts to some inner London routes would allow for more routes in outer London which would make my argument that the expanded ULEZ zone is well served by public transport even stronger .