More good news for the UK

Started by Streetwalker, September 11, 2023, 07:33:37 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 11, 2023, 02:14:27 PM
My predictions ?
Car manufacturers are warning that the new trade rules post brexit will see the car parts (UK or EU) origin rising from 40% to 45% next yr and 55% in 2027. Yes your Govt can throw money at them, but what's the point ? it's an industry that can't continue the way it was pre brexit.  Unless the UK get a battery factory up and running the car industry is not going to continue investing. They might stay with more money from the UK govt, but that won't keep them there. Until the underlying issue is tackled the problems remain.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/may/20/brexit-has-wrecked-britains-car-industry-but-so-have-the-tories#:~:text=It%20should%20be%20remembered%20that,EU%20has%20played%20a%20part.
The British car industry is hitting all time highs Gerry, manufacturers are realising they can operate without all the EU BS and are investing heavily. I'm sorry this upsets you but F.U. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2023, 07:11:07 PMBrexit isn't the calamity you were hoping for Gerry. 
It is worse.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 11, 2023, 04:42:35 PM
Dont worry we will just give them some more fish
The EU is not accepting several species due to a glut in their own waters.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 11, 2023, 02:14:27 PM
My predictions ?
Car manufacturers are warning that the new trade rules post brexit will see the car parts (UK or EU) origin rising from 40% to 45% next yr and 55% in 2027. Yes your Govt can throw money at them, but what's the point ? it's an industry that can't continue the way it was pre brexit.  Unless the UK get a battery factory up and running the car industry is not going to continue investing. They might stay with more money from the UK govt, but that won't keep them there. Until the underlying issue is tackled the problems remain.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/may/20/brexit-has-wrecked-britains-car-industry-but-so-have-the-tories#:~:text=It%20should%20be%20remembered%20that,EU%20has%20played%20a%20part.
Uk Government isn't throwing money at Aboyne. These are independent companies, JLR, Ford and RR have all been paying my invoices recently. Brexit isn't the calamity you were hoping for Gerry. Enjoy your recession!!

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2023, 03:03:39 PM
If the EV Mini production  stays in Britain. (There is still the post Brexit  tariffs between the UK and EU for components to sort out.)
Dont worry we will just give them some more fish 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 11, 2023, 02:20:12 PM
Its not about you Papa its about the good of the country and jobs for the lads in  Oxford and Swindon .

Rural areas wil be up to speed by the time they need to be
If the EV Mini production  stays in Britain. (There is still the post Brexit  tariffs between the UK and EU for components to sort out.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2023, 01:50:59 PM
I don't drink and drive, and given the cost of a pint these day I can't afford to drink. Cornwall is by no means the only area of Britain where EVs are not possible for most people. All rural areas have the same problem.
Its not about you Papa its about the good of the country and jobs for the lads in  Oxford and Swindon . 

Rural areas wil be up to speed by the time they need to be 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2023, 10:58:16 AM
Once again, Gerry's prediction of car manufacturers upping sticks and moving to the promise land is total crap. Rolls Royce are also building a new paint shop at their Goodwood site. JLR investing millions at their midlands sites and Nissan doing the same in the North East. lol
My predictions ?
Car manufacturers are warning that the new trade rules post brexit will see the car parts (UK or EU) origin rising from 40% to 45% next yr and 55% in 2027. Yes your Govt can throw money at them, but what's the point ? it's an industry that can't continue the way it was pre brexit.  Unless the UK get a battery factory up and running the car industry is not going to continue investing. They might stay with more money from the UK govt, but that won't keep them there. Until the underlying issue is tackled the problems remain.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 11, 2023, 01:43:22 PM
Theres no hope for some people , plug it in , go and have a pint , drive home .  But there you go maybe Cornwall will be left where the Kernew always wanted it to be , in the stone age .
I don't drink and drive, and given the cost of a pint these day I can't afford to drink. Cornwall is by no means the only area of Britain where EVs are not possible for most people. All rural areas have the same problem.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2023, 12:24:43 PM
With the increasing number of problems appearing with EVs personally I think it is going to end up with a U-turn by government. (They are  a non starter where I live. What public charging points there are seem to have very puzzled people trying to get the charging app to work, and/or there is no mobile phone signal.)
Theres no hope for some people , plug it in , go and have a pint , drive home .  But there you go maybe Cornwall will be left where the Kernew always wanted it to be , in the stone age . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2023, 12:32:10 PM
All EV's are non-starters!!
Is it impossible for you to make a sensible comment. Our current petrol engined car cost £1000. To change to an EV would cost at least £20000. (Partly due to local conditions a charging point outside would quicky "die" due to the salt air. That means laying underground cable to the garage.  Upgrading the "trips" box and other related expense.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2023, 12:24:43 PM
With the increasing number of problems appearing with EVs personally I think it is going to end up with a U-turn by government. (They are  a non starter where I live. What public charging points there are seem to have very puzzled people trying to get the charging app to work, and/or there is no mobile phone signal.)
All EV's are non-starters!!

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 11, 2023, 12:00:58 PM
How longs a piece of string ?  Good news though whatever .

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2023, 11:55:50 AM
But for how long? The usual tactic is to take the government subsidy and disappear after a few years. (As is in the process of happening to steel.)
How longs a piece of string ?  Good news though whatever . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 11, 2023, 11:51:43 AM
Brexit has forced them to locate in the UK Union Flag
But for how long? The usual tactic is to take the government subsidy and disappear after a few years. (As is in the process of happening to steel.)