How often do you eat out in Britain?

Started by papasmurf, September 14, 2023, 10:19:30 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2023, 05:21:12 PM
When I'm actually in the U.K. we eat out about 3 times a week, mainly Thai, Indian and Chinese. When I'm working away I eat out every night.
Back in the day when I used to work away me and my old mate (it was his idea honest) used to make sure we were in a pub that had something on , Darts ,pool ,cribbage whatever and make use of the free snacks and sarnies . In his defence he was Scottish .
Most places had decent subsidised canteens though and we got a good dinner at lunchtime , not as if we were starving 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2023, 05:26:00 PM
Better off than some, not as well off as others.
Given how much a meal for two is at Thai, Indian and Chinese restaurants locally that would be my income gone for the week
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2023, 05:21:12 PM
When I'm actually in the U.K. we eat out about 3 times a week, mainly Thai, Indian and Chinese. When I'm working away I eat out every night.
You must be rich.

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2023, 10:19:30 AM
My wife and I used to eat out fairly often in Britain some years ago. But now only rarely, due to high cost, and lack of choice.
(We are eating out this coming weekend due to being invited to a birthday party 170 miles away.)
Not as often as I used to ,when they replaced KP with Nobby's nuts it just never seemed the same 

papasmurf

My wife and I used to eat out fairly often in Britain some years ago. But now only rarely, due to high cost, and lack of choice.
(We are eating out this coming weekend due to being invited to a birthday party 170 miles away.)