Main Menu

CDG

Started by Nick, September 15, 2023, 10:16:35 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2023, 09:22:18 AM
You do not state what your source is. I have never been asked to prove what funds I have, EVER, mainly due to the fact that I don't look like a tramp.
None of which has anything to do with the fact CDG loses mine and many of my colleagues bags on a regular basis.
Nick the French government website, your appearance is not an issue when it comes to being checked or not being checked. You need to be able to prove things if you are asked. (Your frequent travel is an issue with any customs/immigration. Thus far you have been lucky.) As for your luggage being "lost," I again suggest you check very thoroughly to see if your luggage has been opened and the repacked. (There are inspections done clandestinely.) You can pooh pooh this as much as you like. Personally I make sure I am 100% compliant just in case, a few people being taken to one side and thoroughly inspected as well as any vehicle they are with has happened on every ferry trip to France I have been on in over three decades. Being neat and tidy is no protection from it.

Arrival in France - France-Visas
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2023, 08:39:23 AM
Not just airlines, ferry ports as well. The French customs/immigration can be complete and utter bastards. That is why I make sure my wife and I are compliant with any possible checks that might be carried out.
Just a part of the current situation:-

Staying in a hotel or other commercial accommodation
You may be asked for confirmation of your reservation when entering France. Be prepared to show proof that you have at least €65 euros a day for the duration of your stay.
Other circumstances
If you do not have an 'attestation d'accueil' (welcome invitation) or any pre-booked accommodation, you may be asked to prove you have at least €120 euros a day for the duration of your stay.
You do not state what your source is. I have never been asked to prove what funds I have, EVER, mainly due to the fact that I don't look like a tramp.
None of which has anything to do with the fact CDG loses mine and many of my colleagues bags on a regular basis.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 20, 2023, 07:10:29 AM
 As a frequent traveller you will know airlines can get a bit funny over the most trivial of things especially when they have overbooked and are looking for a victim to bump .

Not just airlines, ferry ports as well. The French customs/immigration can be complete and utter bastards. That is why I make sure my wife and I are compliant with any possible checks that might be carried out. 
Just a part of the current situation:-

Staying in a hotel or other commercial accommodation
You may be asked for confirmation of your reservation when entering France. Be prepared to show proof that you have at least €65 euros a day for the duration of your stay.
Other circumstances
If you do not have an 'attestation d'accueil' (welcome invitation) or any pre-booked accommodation, you may be asked to prove you have at least €120 euros a day for the duration of your stay.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2023, 08:33:58 PM
Will never fly Shitish Airways again. During Covid I was on my way to Genoa for a meeting with a colleague and BA wouldn't let us board, they said we didn't have the right paperwork. We explained we were both directors and had access to every document known to man on our laptops, so what did they need? They said they didn't know what they needed but still wouldn't let us fly. We put a claim in and they wouldn't give us a refund either, absolute tossers. Try and call them or email them, you will NEVER get a response.
I suppose we all have good and bad experiances of companies and in some respects its a bit of a lottery dependent on what side of bed someone got out of that morning . As a frequent traveller you will know airlines can get a bit funny over the most trivial of things especially when they have overbooked and are looking for a victim to bump . 

Covid was strange times with clearance to travel different for different destinations ,Im sure the ground staff were as confused as the rest of us 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 19, 2023, 08:20:28 PM
Get one of those air tag locators Nick , at least you will know where its lost which apparently will normally be at CDG

My best loss was during a golf trip Gatwick to Malaga . 8 sets of clubs all put through at the same time at Gatwick and only 7 sets turn up at Malaga. The lad was distraught .
But British airways came to the rescue , found his clubs and sent them to our Villa in a taxi

Union FlagUnion Flag If theres the option fly BA every time
Just ordered some AirTags off Amazon though, cracking idea. Never realised they scabbed onto the back of any Apple phone that has Bluetooth switch on. 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 19, 2023, 08:20:28 PM
Get one of those air tag locators Nick , at least you will know where its lost which apparently will normally be at CDG

My best loss was during a golf trip Gatwick to Malaga . 8 sets of clubs all put through at the same time at Gatwick and only 7 sets turn up at Malaga. The lad was distraught .
But British airways came to the rescue , found his clubs and sent them to our Villa in a taxi

Union FlagUnion Flag If theres the option fly BA every time
Will never fly Shitish Airways again. During Covid I was on my way to Genoa for a meeting with a colleague and BA wouldn't let us board, they said we didn't have the right paperwork. We explained we were both directors and had access to every document known to man on our laptops, so what did they need? They said they didn't know what they needed but still wouldn't let us fly. We put a claim in and they wouldn't give us a refund either, absolute tossers. Try and call them or email them, you will NEVER get a response. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on September 15, 2023, 10:16:35 PM
Once again Air France has lost my bag!! It seems virtually impossible to travel through Charles De Gaulle airport and have a bag when you land in the U.K.  It also takes 3 or 4 days to actually get it back, which is a bit crap when you are due to fly off somewhere else. Rant over.

Union FlagUnion Flag If theres the option fly BA every time 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2023, 07:34:46 PM
You posted:- Do you mean going TO come back

Today at 18:59:30. 10 minutes after you did it, do you not understand that?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2023, 07:34:46 PM
You posted:- Do you mean going TO come back
🙄 And when did I do that?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2023, 07:30:46 PM
You really are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you! I just posted that I did, which was after you did it.
You posted:- Do you mean going TO come back

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2023, 07:21:51 PM
You did it just now, and made a snide remark about it.
You really are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you! I just posted that I did, which was after you did it. 

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2023, 06:49:14 PM
Do you mean lose? (It does seem to be the same as lighting striking several time in the same place.)
Do you mean lightning?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2023, 07:16:23 PM
I've never done it to you except just now, to point it out. Another lie from you.
You did it just now, and made a snide remark about it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2023, 06:58:12 PM
Only a complete arse points out spelling mistakes, especially when they are auto corrections from an iPhone. And no, if you ever actually went anywhere you would know about CDG.
I don't have an iPhone. Nick you keep lying that I don't go anywhere, please desist from that lie.
As for your "lost" luggage. The amount of international travel you do raises red flags customs/immigration/officialdom.
(I am being serious.) As you seem to be "losing" luggage on a regular basis, I suggest you find a method to see if it has been opened and searched.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2023, 07:14:23 PM
Well don't do it to me then.
I've never done it to you except just now, to point it out. Another lie from you.