Main Menu

CDG

Started by Nick, September 15, 2023, 10:16:35 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2023, 08:06:28 AM
Nick I know the rules, you deny they exist despite me referencing the latest set.  If it comes to stop checks, (which do happen,) you need to have the required evidence with you.  That you are neat and tidy won't help you if you don't.
They have no way of knowing you comply without checking. (The majority of those checks are not done before you travel.)
I seriously have to decide whether to remove you from this forum, you are clearly autistic and I'm not sure this is a safe environment for you.
You need to start to show some kind of understanding of what is going on or (seriously) I will have to remove you.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2023, 05:40:01 PM
Do you have an IQ of 40 or something? The fact you continue with your nonsense shows you have serious issues. Do you think the French allow me to pass the border without conforming to their rules? You clearly don't know what the rules are.
Nick I know the rules, you deny they exist despite me referencing the latest set.  If it comes to stop checks, (which do happen,) you need to have the required evidence with you.  That you are neat and tidy won't help you if you don't.
They have no way of knowing you comply without checking. (The majority of those checks are not done before you travel.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2023, 04:18:02 PM
You still can't ignore the rules Nick, when you are checked for compliance, (and it will happen, despite your luck so far,) you will have problem. That fact you fly 50 to 70 times a year, rings alarm bells with customs/immigration.
That you think you do not need to comply with regulations will one day bite you on the backside.
Do you have an IQ of 40 or something? The fact you continue with your nonsense shows you have serious issues. Do you think the French allow me to pass the border without conforming to their rules? You clearly don't know what the rules are. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2023, 03:36:14 PM
Do you actually comprehend what is going on? I fly, and I don't board an A380 on my bike. I walk up to immigration and they make an immediate judgement on me. Whether I look nervous, shifty and whether they need to ask me addition security questions. They look at my passport and see that I fly 50 to 70 flights a year, they don't need to ask if I have €125 per day to survive. It's not luck, it's perfectly logical, and if you can't see that then you need help.
You still can't ignore the rules Nick, when you are checked for compliance, (and it will happen, despite your luck so far,) you will have problem. That fact you fly 50 to 70 times a year, rings alarm bells with customs/immigration.
That you think you do not need to comply with regulations will one day bite you on the backside.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2023, 03:21:16 PM
Nick, you have been extremely lucky. How you look has zero to do with it. (Seriously.) Ask anyone who is working in front line customs. I had one instance where despite being  dressed in scruffy motorcycling leathers and riding a "rat" motorcycle and sidecar I was the only one who got on the ferry without being searched. All the other passengers and their vehicles were searched thoroughly.
Due to the bad weather Customs put me to out of their way and I watched the searches.(I have never found out what that was about.)
Do you actually comprehend what is going on? I fly, and I don't board an A380 on my bike. I walk up to immigration and they make an immediate judgement on me. Whether I look nervous, shifty and whether they need to ask me addition security questions. They look at my passport and see that I fly 50 to 70 flights a year, they don't need to ask if I have €125 per day to survive. It's not luck, it's perfectly logical, and if you can't see that then you need help.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2023, 03:09:38 PM
You don't get lucky for 35 years, which is how long I've been travelling for work. It's cause I don't look like a tramp. (Seriously)
Nick, you have been extremely lucky. How you look has zero to do with it. (Seriously.) Ask anyone who is working in front line customs. I had one instance where despite being  dressed in scruffy motorcycling leathers and riding a "rat" motorcycle and sidecar I was the only one who got on the ferry without being searched. All the other passengers and their vehicles were searched thoroughly.
Due to the bad weather Customs put me to out of their way and I watched the searches.(I have never found out what that was about.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2023, 03:00:35 PM
You have been lucky. (Seriously.)
You don't get lucky for 35 years, which is how long I've been travelling for work. It's cause I don't look like a tramp. (Seriously)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2023, 02:54:23 PM
Used to take my boat over to Ireland fishing, only ever got asked how much fuel I was carrying, I expect those kind of questions. Never been asked how much money I've got.
You have been lucky. (Seriously.)

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 20, 2023, 02:30:28 PM

Ive found ferry ports to be a bit more inquisitive than airports over the years . Maybe it's because we have to give more security information when we book our flights than when we book a vehicle on a boat . Whats in the back of the van etc adds to the inquisition
Used to take my boat over to Ireland fishing, only ever got asked how much fuel I was carrying, I expect those kind of questions. Never been asked how much money I've got. 

Streetwalker

Ive found ferry ports to be a bit more inquisitive than airports over the years . Maybe its because we have to give more security information when we book our flights than when we book a vehicle on a boat . Whats in the back of the van ect adds to the inquisition 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2023, 12:09:59 PM
Nick the regulations are clear on the website link I posted.  I have not been asked for all the evidence at any one time, but at least part of it every time we have been to France/Brittany since Brexit. I have seen people held at the Roscoff Ferry port due to non-compliance.
When we went out last March we had to prove we were not resident in France.
The fact you get asked every time and I never get asked is significant. I fly Air France in and out of Paris on an almost weekly basis, you drive into France in a battered old car, there is your answer. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2023, 11:11:26 AM
Have you been asked?
Nick the regulations are clear on the website link I posted.  I have not been asked for all the evidence at any one time, but at least part of it every time we have been to France/Brittany since Brexit. I have seen people held at the Roscoff Ferry port due to non-compliance.
When we went out last March we had to prove we were not resident in France. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2023, 10:18:30 AM
Nick you have been lucky. Your appearance is no defence. If asked and you can't provide the required evidence you will be in the deep poo. (I have tried warning you, don't blame me if your obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men mindset bites you on the backside.)
Have you been asked?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2023, 09:45:19 AM
35 years and never been asked. You don't get asked anything, anywhere in the world when you are transiting.
Just flew back from Marseille for the Rugby, and again, never got asked anything. Like I said, I don't look like a tramp.
Nick you have been lucky. Your appearance is no defence. If asked and you can't provide the required evidence you will be in the deep poo. (I have tried warning you, don't blame me if your obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men mindset bites you on the backside.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2023, 09:30:46 AM
Nick the French government website, your appearance is not an issue when it comes to being checked or not being checked. You need to be able to prove things if you are asked. (Your frequent travel is an issue with any customs/immigration. Thus far you have been lucky.) As for your luggage being "lost," I again suggest you check very thoroughly to see if your luggage has been opened and the repacked. (There are inspections done clandestinely.) You can pooh pooh this as much as you like. Personally I make sure I am 100% compliant just in case, a few people being taken to one side and thoroughly inspected as well as any vehicle they are with has happened on every ferry trip to France I have been on in over three decades. Being neat and tidy is no protection from it.

Arrival in France - France-Visas
35 years and never been asked. You don't get asked anything, anywhere in the world when you are transiting.
Just flew back from Marseille for the Rugby, and again, never got asked anything. Like I said, I don't look like a tramp.