Welcome back, Barry

Started by srb7677, October 08, 2023, 06:38:54 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on October 09, 2023, 12:27:20 PM
Thanks, Steve. Nothing is perfect in forumland, so we do our best.
If Cromwell and some others could be persuaded to return it would also be good.
Anyway we need some liberal lefties like you to get our teeth into! :)
Thanks. You are so gentlemanly here yet stoop to scurrilous mislabelling there.

It seems the other forum brings out the worst in you as well as me.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on October 08, 2023, 06:38:54 PM
I cant find any of his posts right now, but yesterday for the first time in a couple of months I logged into this forum, and saw some new posts from Barry. I had no time to respond yesterday, but welcome back Barry. Most of the time we managed to debate respectfully here even though we often disagreed. For some reason we seem not to have succeeded in doing so all that often in the other place.

The fact that you seem to be active again here is another reason for me to return. The troll count is a lot higher there which tends to bring out the worst in me. It is better here if this place can pick up a bit, amd if both you and I return this might help.
Thanks, Steve. Nothing is perfect in forumland, so we do our best.
If Cromwell and some others could be persuaded to return it would also be good.
Anyway we need some liberal lefties like you to get our teeth into! :)
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

I cant find any of his posts right now, but yesterday for the first time in a couple of months I logged into this forum, and saw some new posts from Barry. I had no time to respond yesterday, but welcome back Barry. Most of the time we managed to debate respectfully here even though we often disagreed. For some reason we seem not to have succeeded in doing so all that often in the other place.

The fact that you seem to be active again here is another reason for me to return. The troll count is a lot higher there which tends to bring out the worst in me. It is better here if this place can pick up a bit, amd if both you and I return this might help.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.