Your ten point manifesto

Started by srb7677, October 17, 2023, 02:47:32 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on October 17, 2023, 07:51:24 PM
And you call me boring with that predictable load of old guff, lol.

Would be more interesting if you put forward ten policy ideas of your own. I doubt whether I will agree with much if any of it, but hey ho, so what. Neither of us are going to be running the country any time soon.
I did a post but I lost it somehow, I'll do it again tomorrow. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2023, 05:32:50 PM
It's the same old Guff Steve. Cap rents and whack the rich with tax, boring 🥱.

Capping rent just means the property will be taken out of the rental market and sold, who in their right mind is going to rent out a property that is costing them
money?

And for the umpteenth time, why should I pay more tax on my house because I work my spuds off to have a decent life. You work an average of 70 hours a week and be away for 6 weeks at a time, then tell me you think you should be taxed more than your neighbours who live in an identical house.

Your whole list is punishing those that work hard to give it to the feckless layabouts that can't be bothered. I wouldn't expect anything less TBH.
And you call me boring with that predictable load of old guff, lol.

Would be more interesting if you put forward ten policy ideas of your own. I doubt whether I will agree with much if any of it, but hey ho, so what. Neither of us are going to be running the country any time soon.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Well I would reduce taxation, abolish vat and  increase the personal allowance to £20K
Reduce the size of government by half and replace the HOL with an elected chamber again with a 50% reduction 
Reduce immigration with a system that suits us not the migrant , leave the convention on refugees and decide ourselves who meets our criteria to enter as one 

Offer 100% mortgages to anyone with a good track record of paying rent ,compulsory purchase second homes and only allow new buildings on land banks and brownfield sites with contribution to services

Make everyone have health insurance , free healthcare for kids and oaps

Reform social security . There is no entitlement or top up work credits just a back up for hard times . 

Nationalise anything we need ,utilities ,transport ,public houses 

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on October 17, 2023, 02:47:32 PM
This might prove a little difficult in terms of limiting it to ten because all of us here are political animals who can probably think up many dozens of things to put in our ideal manifesto.

But limiting it to just ten things, which ten things would be part of your ten point manifesto?

This thread is not intended to be somewhere where we can attack each other's favoured policies, but just somewhere where each of us can post our own. Though if people want to criticise each other's ideas I suppose that is par for the course.

Anyway, my ten....

1. Hold a referendum on full PR for both local and national elections and campaign to win it, and introduce it if the people approve.

2. Democratise the second chamber in some way.

3. Find means to finance and encourage a massive house and flat building program, focussing more upon genuinely affordable housing, with half of new builds being social housing.

4. Legislate meaningful security of tenure for private tenants with effective caps on maximum rents.

5. Abolish Council Tax and replace it with something levied on individuals based upon ability to pay.

6. Find ways to bring the railways and essential utilities back into public ownership.

7. Introduce a land value tax to help finance housing construction.

8. Make Universal Credit more generous to working people by reducing the taper at which it is clawed back from 63% to 40%.

9. Extend NI to pensioners who are well off enough to pay it, and direct these revenues towards the NHS.

10. Mandate that GP's must again make appointment slots to actually see patients available, and outlaw the use of non-medically qualified staff making medical triage decisions.
It's the same old Guff Steve. Cap rents and whack the rich with tax, boring 🥱. 

Capping rent just means the property will be taken out of the rental market and sold, who in their right mind is going to rent out a property that is costing them
money?

And for the umpteenth time, why should I pay more tax on my house because I work my spuds off to have a decent life. You work an average of 70 hours a week and be away for 6 weeks at a time, then tell me you think you should be taxed more than your neighbours who live in an identical house. 

Your whole list is punishing those that work hard to give it to the feckless layabouts that can't be bothered. I wouldn't expect anything less TBH. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

This might prove a little difficult in terms of limiting it to ten because all of us here are political animals who can probably think up many dozens of things to put in our ideal manifesto.

But limiting it to just ten things, which ten things would be part of your ten point manifesto?

This thread is not intended to be somewhere where we can attack each other's favoured policies, but just somewhere where each of us can post our own. Though if people want to criticise each other's ideas I suppose that is par for the course.

Anyway, my ten....

1. Hold a referendum on full PR for both local and national elections and campaign to win it, and introduce it if the people approve.

2. Democratise the second chamber in some way.

3. Find means to finance and encourage a massive house and flat building program, focussing more upon genuinely affordable housing, with half of new builds being social housing.

4. Legislate meaningful security of tenure for private tenants with effective caps on maximum rents.

5. Abolish Council Tax and replace it with something levied on individuals based upon ability to pay.

6. Find ways to bring the railways and essential utilities back into public ownership.

7. Introduce a land value tax to help finance housing construction.

8. Make Universal Credit more generous to working people by reducing the taper at which it is clawed back from 63% to 40%.

9. Extend NI to pensioners who are well off enough to pay it, and direct these revenues towards the NHS.

10. Mandate that GP's must again make appointment slots to actually see patients available, and outlaw the use of non-medically qualified staff making medical triage decisions.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.