Rail ticket office closures will go 'too far, too fast'

Started by SKY News, October 24, 2023, 07:00:25 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on October 25, 2023, 05:06:58 PM

Good point.

These days I struggle to see the ticket machine.:)
Lol  Within London of course we get the free over 60's thingy so we are OK .Its when you want to go further afield the confusion starts , just don't ask to see the ticket , Im pleading insanity Rant

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 25, 2023, 05:08:01 AM
I would agree with the ministers . Just forgetting my glasses means Im struggling to use the ticket machine so I can sympathise with anyone who can't actually see very well .

That the railways are saying they will deploy staff elsewhere in information and assistance roles sounds a bit daft ,may as just leave them where they are . Unless of course they are lying and the aim is redundancies long term.

Good point.

These days I struggle to see the ticket machine.:)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

I would agree with the ministers . Just forgetting my glasses means Im struggling to use the ticket machine so I can sympathise with anyone who can't actually see very well . 

That the railways are saying they will deploy staff elsewhere in information and assistance roles sounds a bit daft ,may as just leave them where they are . Unless of course they are lying and the aim is redundancies long term.

SKY News

Rail ticket office closures will go 'too far, too fast'

Plans to close rail ticket offices will go "too far, too fast", MPs have warned.

Source: Rail ticket office closures will go 'too far, too fast'