Main Menu

Social Housing.

Started by Nick, November 02, 2023, 01:18:57 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 12:51:09 PM
Show me the line where it says John Smith at number 35 doesn't work in the city 4 days a week and can't afford a half a million pound mortgage?
Nick what are you babbling about. There are high levels of well documented poverty and depravation in Cornwall and all you keep coming back with is bullshine.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 30, 2024, 09:56:04 AM
I don't live in Helston. My bungalow is currently valued at around £300000. Totally out of the reach of any local young people in the area. Plus there are no cheap long term rentals for them or cheap houses to buy due to the over tourism. Rents near me are in the £800-£1200 a month area, with holiday lets from around £1000 to £3000 a week.
How do you know it's out of reach? I suppose you everyone up to 30 from ST Ives to Falmouth?
My eldest daughter is only 34 and she has just bought a property of £750K with her husband, mortgage of £2900 a month. If people can be bothered to get off their backside, they might actually get somewhere.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 30, 2024, 09:56:04 AM
I don't live in Helston. My bungalow is currently valued at around £300000. Totally out of the reach of any local young people in the area. Plus there are no cheap long term rentals for them or cheap houses to buy due to the over tourism. Rents near me are in the £800-£1200 a month area, with holiday lets from around £1000 to £3000 a week.
Which again has nothing to do with what I posted.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 09:03:49 AM
Tell you what, sell your house in sunny Helston and go live in a block of flats, chances of you doing that are zero.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 30, 2024, 08:34:13 AM
Nick frankly tarring all occupants of council/social housing with the same brush is not only very offensive it shows how badly informed and prejudiced you are.
Tell you what, sell your house in sunny Helston and go live in a block of flats, chances of you doing that are zero.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 07:39:15 AM

As for my attitude towards these cherubs, unfortunately for you they always seem to fullfill their own prophecy. Nobody forces them to turn into rabid dogs, going around in packs looking for trouble, it is a mental attitude whereby nobody is allowed anything nice if they haven't got it. You can defend them as much as you like, the realists on this forum will tell you exactly what they are.
Nick frankly tarring all occupants of council/social housing with the same brush is not only very offensive it shows how badly informed and prejudiced you are. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 07:39:15 AM
128 houses for sale in Helston alone, and that's just on one estate agents website.
Look at the prices. There are next to no houses for long term reasonable  rent. There is a real housing crisis in Cornwall.

Survey to shed new light on factors behind Cornwall's housing crisis - News (exeter.ac.uk)

Number of new social housing lets in Cornwall hits decade low | cornish-times.co.uk

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 30, 2024, 07:18:44 AM
Frankly your attitude towards people in social housing stinks. You ought to be ashamed of yourself tarring ALL those people with the same nasty brush. Cornwall needs 26000 council houses, due to the over tourism, second homes and AirBandB, taking up practically all available propery.
128 houses for sale in Helston alone, and that's just on one estate agents website.
As for my attitude towards these cherubs, unfortunately for you they always seem to fullfill their own prophecy. Nobody forces them to turn into rabid dogs, going around in packs looking for trouble, it is a mental attitude whereby nobody is allowed anything nice if they haven't got it. You can defend them as much as you like, the realists on this forum will tell you exactly what they are.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2024, 06:28:08 AM
We could never have this in the UK, the type of people in the UK that would migrate to these types of building would be, as you say scum bags and they would become no go areas in a matter of months.
Frankly your attitude towards people in social housing stinks. You ought to be ashamed of yourself tarring ALL those people with the same nasty brush. Cornwall needs 26000 council houses, due to the over tourism, second homes and AirBandB, taking up practically all available propery.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 02, 2023, 07:44:54 PM
They don't look too bad Nick , of course the inside is what matters most ,whether the residents are clean and tidy or scummy bastards that we are all to familiar with in UK high rise
We could never have this in the UK, the type of people in the UK that would migrate to these types of building would be, as you say scum bags and they would become no go areas in a matter of months.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 03, 2023, 05:14:44 AM
Can't agree with that Papa .
Those ghettoes are usually miles away from any social facilities or shops, or social outlets. 

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 03, 2023, 07:34:47 AM
Cornwall has nowhere to put them,
Actually it has.  To put council housing where it is needed does not need huge estates.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 02, 2023, 09:15:25 AM
Cornwall needs at least 26000 council houses.
Cornwall has nowhere to put them, Charlie lug nuts saw to that with his fucking insane planning ideas. Hell, he even bought a chunk of Devon to build his SuperMax Prison rather than have the convicts in his back yard.

But SW has a point. Councils are starting to mutter about the need to tear down unused shop and office space and build homes. Here come the tower blocks

Of course the problem is for example when Cwmbran built its tower block and the two estates of terraced and semi detached council housing in Northville and Southville (yeah, real imaginative those planners) they were building 'key worker' homes for singles and couples moving to the area to take up one of the many rather decently paid jobs in numerous sectors

Today we have the housing demand but hardly any jobs
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>