UK post-Brexit rules to 'turn off tap' of low-skilled foreign labour

Started by Thomas, February 16, 2020, 11:00:51 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

All becoming a lot clearer now , no more low skilled foreign labour unless your foreign , low skilled and work in an industry that needs low skilled foreign labour .

Bright Young Thing

Mod Notice

Right chaps, this thread is getting out of hand and we are on the verge of issuing sanctions. Please calm down and return to the OP to avoid further action being taken.

Bright Young Thing.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=16809 time=1581957233 user_id=62
It is certainly nice, albeit somewhat surprising,  to see Pappy supporting the landed gentry. Has he gotten sick of working to keep his layabout clients on the dole?

:lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=16814 time=1581959858 user_id=89
Stop lying about me, it is a personal attack and harassment, and stalking.

The trouble is Pappy, you are the sort of cowardly little weasel who can hand it out but not take it back. It is good to see you supporting  hard working Tory farmers, but you still have a long way to go before anyone is going to call you a man. So stand up, put your shoulders back and apologise to Toots.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=16813 time=1581959158 user_id=62
Don't turn on me because you have sold out to the Man. And talking of acting like a man, have you apologised to Toots yet?

Stop lying about me, it is a personal attack and harassment, and stalking.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=16811 time=1581957794 user_id=89
Stop lying about me yet again.

Don't turn on me because you have sold out to the Man. And talking of acting like a man, have you apologised to Toots yet?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=16809 time=1581957233 user_id=62
It is certainly nice, albeit somewhat surprising,  to see Pappy supporting the landed gentry. Has he gotten sick of working to keep his layabout clients on the dole?

Stop lying about me yet again.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=16715 time=1581865430 user_id=89
You insulting bastard.  It is the farmers who will be badly effected by the Tories effectively bankrupting them.

I suggest when you know eff all about a subject don't comment on it, or insult me because of your ignorance.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=16752 time=1581879952 user_id=53

Im not sure that the Tory's quite understand how a points based immigration system works

The Tories appear to know eff all about aspects of farming that need temporary foreign workers every year.

They scrapped SAWS which has been working well for a very long time.

Streetwalker

I think its a work in progress to be honest and can see the seasonal worker visa being reintroduced at some point if the crops are rotting in the fields so to speak

The whole point of having controlled immigration is that you well control it not put hurdles in place like minimum earnings  which do the exact opposite . The minimum wage is what it is and the only criteria we should be looking at is wether we need workers in any given industry . The skill level is irrelevant

Im not sure that the Tory's quite understand how a points based immigration system works

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=16718 time=1581866606 user_id=89
More insults from you because you are totally ignorant of the facts. The Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme (SAWS) was NOT immigration.

Foreign workers came to pick crops and then went back to their country of origin. The Tories stopped that, so now there is a shortage of foreign workers to pick crops. The Tories are making rules for immigration that will stop the supply of temporary workers more or less dead.

If memory serves just in Cornwall some 23000 seasonal workers are needed each year. Those are not now available.

Which facts are they then? The "fact" you have decided to reverse your long standing opposition to any migration into the uk because the tories propose something you once supported?

Now you decide to redefine what you consider immigration so you can have a platform to attck the "dreaded tories"?

Agricultural workers are defined migrants . here from the house of commons library the term migrant worker...

QuoteA "migrant worker" is a person who either migrates within their home country or outside it to pursue work. Migrant workers usually do not have an intention to stay permanently in the country or region in which they work.
[/b]

QuoteMigrant workers in agriculture

The UK agriculture and horticulture sectors have long relied on migrant labour.
[/u][/b]

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7987">https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk ... y/CBP-7987">https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7987

the term "migrant" used again here in the guardian....

QuoteFarms hit by labour shortage as migrant workers shun 'racist' UK
[/b]

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/22/farms-hit-by-labour-shortage-as-migrant-workers-shun-racist-uk">https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -racist-uk">https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/22/farms-hit-by-labour-shortage-as-migrant-workers-shun-racist-uk

stop talking pish and trying top redefine a word to suit your pathetic argument and contradictory position.

The argument then becomes about which migration is necessary and which is not.

There is no consensus wether or not migration routes into low skilled jobs are necessary or not , and for many  years we have heard a growing clamour for foreign workers into the agricultural industry as being necessary

FOM was the main legal route that low skilled workers used from the eu , and as we know this will now stop at the end of the year.

So the argument will then become about which industries will be allowed low skilled workers from where , to keep them ticking over.......waitressing , cleaning , food processing , warehousing etc etc all have as good a claim as farmers.

No matter which industry they go to , or which parts of the uk they arrive in to work , it will affect the very things you railed over the years against , and impact on housing , schools infrastructure hospitals etc etc no matter how long theyare here.

Stop sideswerving onto utter pish to deflect from your utter hypocrisy.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=16716 time=1581865837 user_id=58
im pointing out what a hypocritical auld bastard you are , who generally talks shite on any and every given subject , so much so that normally you get banned for the utter horsehit you utter on a daily basis when the mods have enough of you.

More insults from you because you are totally ignorant of the facts. The Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme (SAWS) was NOT immigration.

Foreign workers came to pick crops and then went back to their country of origin. The Tories stopped that, so now there is a shortage of foreign workers to pick crops. The Tories are making rules for immigration that will stop the supply of temporary workers more or less dead.

If memory serves just in Cornwall some 23000 seasonal workers are needed each year. Those are not now available.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=16715 time=1581865430 user_id=89
You insulting bastard.  It is the farmers who will be badly effected by the Tories effectively bankrupting them.

I suggest when you know eff all about a subject don't comment on it, or insult me because of your ignorance.

im pointing out what a hypocritical auld bastard you are , who generally talks shite on any and every given subject , so much so that normally you get banned for the utter horsehit you utter on a daily basis when the mods have enough of you.

You moaned like hell that the uk had to many people , you said from memory that the uk should only have around 12 million people , and instead we have a popualtion of 65 million and growing.

We went into detail on the old forum why that was , and you came out fully in the anti migration camp so dont start you old cant.

Why are the farmers for example , now you have changed your tune , any differnet from any other industry , hospitality , cleaning etc etc that employs low skiled migration to fill jobs?

They too will suffer , so if you make exceptions for one , you must make exceptions for all?

You have never ever once suggested you support controlled migration for certain industries till now , you were completely anti all migration as all the old forum members on this forum know.

oppose tory policy for the sake of opposing it , depsite the fact you have supported anti migration policies all the time i have had the misfortune to listen to your warbling shite across two forums you old fecker.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=16713 time=1581864487 user_id=58
I thought this would be an interesting topic to post about john , and as ususal its being derailed by this muppet , who cant remember one day to the next what position he took on any given subject .

If we simply say that pappys position is contray to anythng the conservatives propose , and it can change on a daily basis , we wont be far off the mark no matter how stupid it makes him look nor contradictory it is to his position the day before.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=16711 time=1581864239 user_id=63
Well, it makes me wonder why the tent cities of homeless down and outs cannit just be rounded up, bussed to these fields and told to get on with it.

Its not as if they have ties to a mortgage, they clearly have their own accommodation and you knowcwhat, I think a bit of routine and payment for it might cause some of them a bit of a rethink

I thought this would be an interesting topic to post about john , and as ususal its being derailed by this muppet , who cant remember one day to the next what position he took on any given subject .

If we simply say that pappys position is contray to anythng the conservatives propose , and it can change on a daily basis , we wont be far off the mark no matter how stupid it makes him look nor contradictory it is to his position the day before.