UK post-Brexit rules to 'turn off tap' of low-skilled foreign labour

Started by Thomas, February 16, 2020, 11:00:51 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=16705 time=1581858572 user_id=89
Seasonal agricultural workers are NOT immigrants.  The Tories stopped the Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme and now it is biting them on the backside.

Well, it makes me wonder why the tent cities of homeless down and outs cannit just be rounded up, bussed to these fields and told to get on with it.

Its not as if they have ties to a mortgage, they clearly have their own accommodation and you knowcwhat, I think a bit of routine and payment for it might cause some of them a bit of a rethink
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Seasonal agricultural workers are NOT immigrants.  The Tories stopped the Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme and now it is biting them on the backside.

Well, it makes me wonder why the tent cities of homeless down and outs cannit just be rounded up, bussed to these fields and told to get on with it.

Its not as if they have ties to a mortgage, they clearly have their own accommodation and you knowcwhat, I think a bit of routine and payment for it might cause some of them a bit of a rethink
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

aye they are .

Someone moving from one place to another , wether internally in the uk like you , or from externally like agriculutral workers from eastern europe or portugal etc etc are the definition of a migrant.

You  , time and again , moaned like hell that cornwall , and wider england/uk , had too many people and needed to stop the movement of people into cornwall/england/uk( irrespective of whatever reason , hence why we took the piss out of you , a hertfordshire migrant)because england was full up  , infrastructure hospitals , schools housing etc etc couldnt cope.

Now the tories , again a party im no fan of , are stopping immigration  , all of a sudden its a bad thing.

You are a fraud as i have said many a time.

At no time on our old forum did you ever suggest controlled immigration was something you supported , wether for agriculutral workers or anyone else in any other sector that may need controlled migration.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=16696 time=1581854030 user_id=58
Well thats a strange comment for you to make.

For years on the old forum you have railed against immigration to england and the wider uk. Thats despite people like uganda myself and many others taking the proverbial piss out of you because you yourself are a hertfordshire immigrant to cornwall.

Now the tories are ending FOM,  and apparently turning off the tap to low skilled migration into the yookay , all of  sudden you imply its something negative.

Thats why no one takes you seriously pappy.

You are all over the place.

:thdwn:

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Yet Boris is now reducing the income cap

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/09/boris-johnson-to-lower-30000-wage-threshold-for-immigrants">https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... immigrants">https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/09/boris-johnson-to-lower-30000-wage-threshold-for-immigrants

With a minimum wage of £8.21 the least someone can now be paid in the uk for an eight hour day five days a week is £17,076 unless you do not pay them for bank holidays.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=16684 time=1581851841 user_id=89
Well that is the veg and flower farming where I live shut down.

Well thats a strange comment for you to make.

For years on the old forum you have railed against immigration to england and the wider uk. Thats despite people like uganda myself and many others taking the proverbial piss out of you because you yourself are a hertfordshire immigrant to cornwall.

Now the tories are ending FOM,  and apparently turning off the tap to low skilled migration into the yookay , all of  sudden you imply its something negative.

Thats why no one takes you seriously pappy.

You are all over the place.

:thdwn:

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=16687 time=1581852337 user_id=51
The end of exploitation of foreigners in Cornwall, then.

Not all of them are being exploited, a number of farmers who use temporary foreign labour look after them well.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=16684 time=1581851841 user_id=89

The end of exploitation of foreigners in Cornwall, then.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Thomas

QuoteUK post-Brexit rules to 'turn off tap' of low-skilled foreign labour
[/b]

QuoteLONDON (Reuters) - Britain will "turn off the tap" of foreign, low-skilled labour and require all skilled workers wishing to come to the country to have a job offer and meet salary and language requirements as it sets post-Brexit rules from next year.

Britain formally left the European Union at the end of January but a transition period is in effect until Dec. 31, during which time little changes.

At the moment, European Union citizens are able to move freely between the member states, prompting some Britons to vote for Brexit in the 2016 referendum in a bid to bring down the number of people arriving in the country.

"Our new immigration system will turn off the tap of cheap, foreign low-skilled labour," interior minister Priti Patel wrote in The Sun on Sunday newspaper.

"From next year, all skilled workers will need to earn enough points to work in the UK. They will need to speak English, have a firm job offer, and meet the salary requirements."

Patel said "overall numbers" would fall under the plan.

Some opposition politicians have argued that restrictions on immigration could harm public services such as the National Health Service which in certain areas relies on EU citizens who work as nurses and doctors.

The government said it would award additional points to those working in sectors where there is a skills shortage.

London and Brussels will spend this year negotiating the terms of a post-Brexit deal which will come into force on Jan. 1 with the battlelines already drawn over how much Britain will diverge from EU rules and regulations.
[/b]

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-immigration/uk-post-brexit-rules-to-turn-off-tap-of-low-skilled-foreign-labour-idUKKBN20A007">https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKBN20A007">https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-immigration/uk-post-brexit-rules-to-turn-off-tap-of-low-skilled-foreign-labour-idUKKBN20A007