Sunak to meet Tory donors as Labour unveils business backers

Started by SKY News, May 28, 2024, 07:04:49 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 01, 2024, 09:27:39 AM
In the world i grew up in someone would 'do a Ludo Kennedy' on her.

Kennedy of course publicly lambasted Mary Whitehouse for having about 100 members in her 'National Viewers and Listeners Association'
My problem with the election campaign thus far is none of the bullshine and lies from any party is being challenged by anyone in the media.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 01, 2024, 08:28:31 AM
Quite.  I thought the news item was not what it appeared to be, as you point out it does not stand up to analysis.
In the world i grew up in someone would 'do a Ludo Kennedy' on her.

Kennedy of course publicly lambasted Mary Whitehouse for having about 100 members in her 'National Viewers and Listeners Association' 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quite.  I thought the news item was not what it appeared to be, as you point out it does not stand up to analysis.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Reeves secured the backing of 121 business leaders according to that article

According to the latest Companies House public statistics, the United Kingdom has a total of seven thousand six hundred and something currently economically active 'large businesses' which Companies House defines as 'having 250 or more employees' and some FIVE POINT SIX MILLION smaller enterprises on its books if one includes everything down to all the one man bands

That Reeves can only find One Hundred and Twenty One Leftys in business willing to admit to supporting Sir Take A Knee really does seem a bit piss poor.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

SKY News

Sunak to meet Tory donors as Labour unveils business backers

Rishi Sunak will meet leading Conservative Party donors on Monday evening as he seeks to mobilise financial support for the surprisingly timed general election campaign he triggered last week.

Source: Sunak to meet Tory donors as Labour unveils business backers