Fed up with the lies and propaganda from all sides.

Started by papasmurf, May 31, 2024, 12:42:48 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Sunak lies to the nation, (no change there.)

Official says Tory tax claim wasn't produced by civil service - BBC News

• 5 June 2024, 08:41 BST

• Updated 1 hour ago

Becky Morton
Political reporter

The top Treasury civil servant has said the Conservatives' assessment of Labour's tax plans "should not be presented as having been produced by the civil service".
In a letter to the Labour Party two days ago, seen by the BBC, Treasury permanent secretary James Bowler said the calculation of £38bn of uncosted spending used by the Tories "includes costs beyond those provided by the civil service".
The letter risks undermining Rishi Sunak's claim in Tuesday evening's head-to-head debate that Labour's plans would mean £2,000 of tax rises per working household.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 03, 2024, 07:32:09 AM
Like I said, you just fire out post after post with no actual substance or argument.
As you obviously know the substance, which by now  would take a ream of A4 to list, what is your problem. No wonder 45% of the electorate are undecided how to vote or if they will bother to vote.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 03, 2024, 07:21:58 AM
You are not denying the lies so what is your problem?
Like I said, you just fire out post after post with no actual substance or argument. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 03, 2024, 07:04:29 AM
No one is denying the lies, the point is you just fire out posts totally devoid of any substance or examples.
You are not denying the lies so what is your problem?

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 02, 2024, 08:14:33 PM
From dropping in (very) occasionally this does come across as pots and kettles...
Was it BBQ weather, have we had a few sherbets?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 02, 2024, 09:25:53 AM
Nick you can believe all the lies and bullshine being thrown at us from all political parties thus far during the general election campaign. If you have not noticed it you have comprehensively proven my point. 
No one is denying the lies, the point is you just fire out posts totally devoid of any substance or examples. 

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2024, 12:42:48 PM
I am stopping watching British TV until after the election. There are so many lies and so much propaganda being spouted from all political parties, and pundits, that is NOT being challenged by the media, I am fed up.
I don't see how that helps you — unless you're like many who used to frequent this place, who don't like to hear alternative views.

Admittedly, although I find it useful to hear rubbish and untruths challenged, it's more taxing than a crossword puzzle to sort sense and truth from the dishonest platitudes and word salads peddled around the airwaves, on the internet, and in newsprint..
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2024, 02:03:44 AM
Are you actually ever going to construct a post with any detail in it?
I am so bored of your constant outline posts, never any substance, always the same nothingness. For once actually say something.
From dropping in (very) occasionally this does come across as pots and kettles...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2024, 02:03:44 AM
Are you actually ever going to construct a post with any detail in it?
I am so bored of your constant outline posts, never any substance, always the same nothingness. For once actually say something.
Nick you can believe all the lies and bullshine being thrown at us from all political parties thus far during the general election campaign. If you have not noticed it you have comprehensively proven my point.  

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 01, 2024, 01:36:48 PM
It is ALL the media not challenging the lies and propaganda from all parties. (Which is very easy to challenge, due to the data and information being public domain, on Select Committee websites, the governments own research, the DWP website,  Hansard and the Office for National Statistics.)
Are you actually ever going to construct a post with any detail in it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 01, 2024, 12:56:30 PM
The left wing media don't want to start a debate they can't win , its why they are keeping stum .

Suffice to say if you are going to challenge the lies you need something to challenge them with  like an alternative truth not just your own opinion .
It is ALL the media not challenging the lies and propaganda from all parties. (Which is very easy to challenge, due to the data and information being public domain, on Select Committee websites, the governments own research, the DWP website,  Hansard and the Office for National Statistics.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 01, 2024, 08:26:47 AM
The "other people," are not "mates," until recently I would have thought them to be rabid tories. It is the lies and propaganda from all sides I find offensive, and  even worse they are not being challenged by the media.
The left wing media don't want to start a debate they can't win , its why they are keeping stum . 

LBC tried it this morning , the presenter was quoting Heseltine who had written an article saying nobody has mention Brexit , that 'everyone' wanted to have closer ties with the EU .The presenter was right up for the debate saying he would vote to re-join bla,bla ,bla.. What followed was a string of calls telling him he was talking crappo and that if Brexit wasn't the problem the tories were . 15 minutes later the hour long subject was cut short and he started talking about knife crime .
Suffice to say if you are going to challenge the lies you need something to challenge them with  like an alternative truth not just your own opinion .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 31, 2024, 09:53:24 PM
Tell them to stop listening to Starmer and the real leader of labour two homes Ginger bird and they might be able to see through it all . Never trust a Tory is a gimme so your other people mates dont have a lot of options  . The LIb dims committed Hari Kari over Europe ,the vegetables will take us back to the stone age and Tim nice but dim hasn't got a clue especially with Nige off to Yankee land to save his mate Donald  from the chair .

Might sit this one out myself
The "other people," are not "mates," until recently I would have thought them to be rabid tories. It is the lies and propaganda from all sides I find offensive, and  even worse they are not being challenged by the media.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2024, 03:07:55 PM
I can't repeat the comments I have heard from other people about the issue of lies and propaganda going unchallenged.
Tell them to stop listening to Starmer and the real leader of labour two homes Ginger bird and they might be able to see through it all . Never trust a Tory is a gimme so your other people mates dont have a lot of options  . The LIb dims committed Hari Kari over Europe ,the vegetables will take us back to the stone age and Tim nice but dim hasn't got a clue especially with Nige off to Yankee land to save his mate Donald  from the chair .

Might sit this one out myself 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 31, 2024, 02:18:28 PM
Ive never listened to much of what these muppets say before elections but look at what they have done or are doing .Actions speak louder than words and all that .
Trouble is the end result is often the same , a mind numbing numbness of the politics of it all ,boredom and in smurf land fedupness .
I can't repeat the comments I have heard from other people about the issue of lies and propaganda going unchallenged.