‘Ignorant little cr*p hats!’ Charlie Lawson demands rowdy Britons abroad are BANNED from tourist spots: ‘Can’t hold their liquor!’

Started by GBNews, June 01, 2024, 01:32:49 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2024, 07:09:19 AM
What I call food is British food, not messed about by a chef or foreign.
What we get is this:-

Eat in Menu - Chimichangas Tex-Mex Cornwall
Go to one of the thousands of pubs serving traditional pub food if that's what you want, don't pull up a Mexican restaurant and complain it's not British. I wouldn't worry, it will be closed soon cause they've got no staff and nobody spends any money. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 03, 2024, 08:49:30 PM
Yet you can't show a link to it OR tell me what you call food.
What I call food is British food, not messed about by a chef or foreign.
What we get is this:-

Eat in Menu - Chimichangas Tex-Mex Cornwall
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 03, 2024, 06:35:10 PM
Nick the pub grub in the local pubs has been "burgerised," or foreign or pizza. (Plus they charge to much for it.)
Yet you can't show a link to it OR tell me what you call food. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 03, 2024, 05:22:41 PM
I do know where you live actually, and all the pubs in the area do pub grub, that's what pubs serve. How about you link to a pub only doing burgers or foreign food.
What do you call food by the way?
Nick the pub grub in the local pubs has been "burgerised," or foreign or pizza. (Plus they charge to much for it.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 03, 2024, 03:30:36 PM
Nick, you don't live where I live. There is nowhere that does what I call food. (You have shown eff all.) ALL the local food outlets are "burgerised," or some kind of foreign takeaway.
I do know where you live actually, and all the pubs in the area do pub grub, that's what pubs serve. How about you link to a pub only doing burgers or foreign food. 
What do you call food by the way?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 03, 2024, 03:11:35 PM
That's utter nonsense, and it took me five minutes to show it.
First pub I came to in the Redruth area and its menu, hardly Burgerised as you state.

https://www.coppercoastpubcamborne.co.uk/menus/
Nick, you don't live where I live. There is nowhere that does what I call food. (You have shown eff all.) ALL the local food outlets are "burgerised," or some kind of foreign takeaway.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 03, 2024, 09:33:57 AM
Due to staff shortages caused by over tourism most restaurants and cafes have "burgerised" their menus. Proper food is difficult to come by. (With the exception of Smokey Joe's transport cafe, near Redruth.)
My wife and I can however source top quality food, (including fresh fish/shellfish, meat) in the village.
If want a decent meal, cook it yourself.
That's utter nonsense, and it took me five minutes to show it. 
First pub I came to in the Redruth area and its menu, hardly Burgerised as you state. 

https://www.coppercoastpubcamborne.co.uk/menus/

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 03, 2024, 08:39:08 AM

But dont expect her to spend anything , she is even bringing her own food because "they don't sell food in Cornwall" ;D

Due to staff shortages caused by over tourism most restaurants and cafes have "burgerised" their menus. Proper food is difficult to come by. (With the exception of Smokey Joe's transport cafe, near Redruth.)
My wife and I can however source top quality food, (including fresh fish/shellfish, meat) in the village.
If want a decent meal, cook it yourself.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 03, 2024, 07:26:13 AM
It is in Cornwall. I don't where the idea is coming from there are less tourists here this year,  where I live it is rammed. (There also has been carnage on Cornwall's roads for the few days.)
Its all the foreigners . 700,000 (est) new arrivals last year all need to have a look around to see where its best to put down roots . London and most major cities are full up with foreigners and the crime rates don't make them look very attractive . The shite pipes can't cope and maybe Cornwalls a good option ,at least you have the sea you can dump the excess in .
With WFH now an option for many moving into more remote parts looks like the way to go , it doesnt really matter much where you live if your working for Bagdad Kebabs home delivery .com

I see Kate Garraway is heading down your way with her tribe

But dont expect her to spend anything , she is even bringing her own food because "they don't sell food in Cornwall" ;D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13486005/Kate-Garraway-enjoys-family-trip-Cornwall-friends-help-loan-new-car-admits-bittersweet-continues-struggle-1-5m-debt-late-husband-Derek-Drapers-care.html

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 02, 2024, 08:32:27 PM
 this time it truly is a question of numbers...
It is in Cornwall. I don't where the idea is coming from there are less tourists here this year,  where I live it is rammed. (There also has been carnage on Cornwall's roads for the few days.)

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 01, 2024, 08:41:17 PM
Well they are not getting drunk in cornwall because none of them spend any money , apparently
They are behaving badly though.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 01, 2024, 05:54:20 PM
Having to travel a long distance to get things is a national problem as well as Cornish one.

No-one is trying to get tourists banned, merely there are far too many of them and too many of them behave disgustingly.
Well they are not getting drunk in cornwall because none of them spend any money , apparently 

Back on topic and the Brits abroad , though its not a good look its one created by the resorts themselves . These towns magaluf , llorett de mar ,San Antonio ect have sold themselves over the years as clubbing hotspots , attracting youngsters some of which are will drink their body weight before lunch and crack on till dawn . Its really nobodies fault but their own 

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 01, 2024, 04:46:42 PM
You're always whingeing how far you have to travel to get something

if tourists are banned everyone dependent on their income will go bust

i mean, i'm ok with that, but i bet you won't be
Having to travel a long distance to get things is a national problem as well as Cornish one.

No-one is trying to get tourists banned, merely there are far too many of them and too many of them behave disgustingly.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 01, 2024, 01:37:43 PM
I wish they could be banned from Cornwall as well.
You're always whingeing how far you have to travel to get something

if tourists are banned everyone dependent on their income will go bust

i mean, i'm ok with that, but i bet you won't be
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>