Farage: Brexit Has Failed

Started by Borg Refinery, June 30, 2024, 04:50:43 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

I don't disagree with most of the above, the problem is that it was always going to be like this with the Tories

And that doesn't in any way hint things would have been much better under Labour (in a different way)
+++

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borg Refinery on June 30, 2024, 04:50:43 AM
Standard

There have been similar reports in the Daily Express etc for a while now.

Daily Express - Four in five agree with Nigel Farage that Brexit has 'failed' (2023)

Daily Express - New poll shows just 9% think Brexit is a success

Much of what he says - especially about regulating businesses even more than when Britain was in the EU - is absolutely true
I think you might find what he is actually saying is a succession of CINOs none of whom actually wanted Brexit anyway have staged a BRINO snd what we needed was to have done it properly.

i mean what tbe actual F@@@ are we doing paying fucking VAT still. VAT is an EU tax. 

that's just one of a hundred ways we are in BRINO not Brexit
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 01, 2024, 10:19:15 PM
It was always going to be a failure with a remain party and a remain Westminster organising the finer points of it .
Let's see how Beer Kormer and Raynor get on when dealing with Le Pen and Trump. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borg Refinery on June 30, 2024, 04:50:43 AM
Standard

Daily Express - Four in five agree with Nigel Farage that Brexit has 'failed' (2023)

Much of what he says - especially about regulating businesses even more than when Britain was in the EU - is absolutely true

It was always going to be a failure with a remain party and a remain Westminster organising the finer points of it . 

Borg Refinery

QuoteBrexit has failed, says Nigel Farage. The former UKIP leader made the blunt admission as evidence grows over the economic harm to Britain of quitting the European Union. Economists say it will leave millions of workers in the UK £1,300 worse off than if the UK had remained in the European trading bloc. Mr Farage told the BBC's Newsnight: "We have not actually benefited from Brexit economically, what we could have done. "What Brexit has proved, I'm afraid, is that our politicians are about as useless as the commissioners in Brussels were. "We have mismanaged this totally. "Simple things, such as take-overs, coroporation tax, we are driving business away from our country. "Arguably, now we are back in control, we are regulating our own businesses even more than they were as EU members. "Brexit has failed. "We have not delivered on borders, we have not delivered on Brexit, the Tories have let us down very, very badly."

Standard

+++