Making your choice.

Started by Nick, July 04, 2024, 03:27:05 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on July 04, 2024, 11:08:55 AM
This is the most important issue facing the UK?

Here's a question.

How many times have you (or even someone you know) met a trans person?

Have you (or your wife) ever met one in a public toilet?

Has your wife or any female friend ever lost a swimming race or rugby match to a trans person?

Statistically, probably not.  It's a teeny tiny little side issue Vs the economy, the war in Ukraine, the environment.

That's not to say there aren't some thorny issues to tackle around it, or that politicians and public bodies always get it wrong.  But the effects of them getting it wrong are pretty insignificant for the general population.

So what if the toilets are unisex? You've probably got at least one unisex toilets in your house and you use one every time you go to the toilet at a friend's house.

Here's a little takeaway.  The phone in your pocket and your tablet.  The processor in it was invented by a trans person.
I've already described the ugly bugger at BT who exercised his right to be a woman in 1997 causing my boss to have to ask all the real women on the site if they minded 'it' using their bog

I think there were fifteen in jennifer's year in art college but that was arty farty art college not hard science university

my wife has met at least ten in a public toilet. Most were about to lose custody and visiting rights battles for kids conceived when they identified as having a dick. (she among others administers the family court)

cor blimey ... a trannie inventing a better trannie array.you could not make this up
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Here's a question.

Has your wife or any female friend ever lost a swimming race or rugby match to a trans person?

Statistically, probably not.  It's a teeny tiny little side issue Vs the economy, the war in Ukraine, the environment.

That's not to say there aren't some thorny issues to tackle around it, or that politicians and public bodies always get it wrong.  But the effects of them getting it wrong are pretty insignificant for the general population.

So what if the toilets are unisex? You've probably got at least one unisex toilets in your house and you use one every time you go to the toilet at a friend's house.

Here's a little takeaway.  The phone in your pocket and your tablet.  The processor in it was invented by a trans person.
I've met lots of Trans people, I've been to Thailand many times, I don't use public toilets and I've not played rugby for 30 years. My daughter however did play Rugby for England under 18's but your line of questioning is actually making my point. There are less than 500 trans, post op females in the U.K., yet nurses are being suspended because they don't want meat and two veg swinging about in their changing rooms. I've got three daughters and I want them to have safe spaces away from predators who can use laws to stick a frock on and wander in to female changing rooms. And I don't want a government that doesn't know what a woman is. 

If the exit poll is anything near, the Reform party will have about 16 seats and operation take back Britain will be under way. The woke left have pushed the right to the edge of the cliff and when cornered, like a Rat, the only way forward is to fight. Enoch Powell's prophecy I fear will come true. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Voted.

Now using a day off to help the Old Man on his allotment; have a very late pub lunch; then home to freshen up and prepare sustenance for a possible overnight session with a few neighbours. 

TVs set up to watch dual coverage of Times Radio YouTube and, for a few expected belly laughs, GB News...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Here's a question.

I have met some very strange people but never in a public bog. (I avoid public bogs if at all possible because of the terrible state most of them are in. Need a Porton suit with a front and back flap to use most of the ones in Cornwall.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

My wife and I just voted. Seems to be a big turnout locally. (I saw no canvassers at all in the area during the campaign.)

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on July 04, 2024, 03:27:05 AM
If the party you are about to vote for says a woman can have a penis then you're voting for the wrong party.
If they can't get that right then Ho Lee Fook!!

Here's a question.

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on July 04, 2024, 11:02:52 AM
Debunked bullshit

Precisely. The bullshine with no evidence to back it up during the general election campaign is scandalous.

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 04, 2024, 07:43:43 AM
That will be the least of our worries

Things to do
Move out of Londinistan (in progress)
Put new house with small garden in a trust for the Kids
Hide pension
Move other assets overseas
Sell car
Stock up freezer with meat
Book doctors appointment for 2028
Up grade home security
Buy stab vest /pepper spray /baseball bat / uzi  (we will see how it goes)

Vote Reform .Wont make any difference but at least you wont be able to blame me .
You're one of the ones I missed when this forum was down! ;D
† The end is nigh †

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 04, 2024, 08:15:04 AM
Second, enjoy your splendid isolation when Sir Kneel A Lot bans cars and travel of any kind beyond 15 minutes from your home
Debunked bullshit.

The "15 minutes city" concept is simply about making sure that all the things you might regularly need for daily life (school, shops, medical care, work, recreation) are within about 15.minutes travel of where you live.  It's simply mixed zoning.

Why the F@@@ would anyone want to live in a place where you have to drive to do everything?

Wouldn't you much rather be able to get to whatever you need quickly and cheaply?

You want housing design where you can't even walk to visit a neighbour 200m away? Where you can't go for an evening drink with friends without having to have a driver or a taxi?

But some morons have decided this is a culture war issue and turned a perfectly sound and sensible idea into a conspiracy theory.

Which one of these scenes looks nicer?

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 04, 2024, 08:49:03 AM
The Tories are out to get me, whenever there is a Tory government they do things to me and not for me. The latest being due to "Fiscal Drag," they have robbed a £1000 off of my wife and I's small private pensions.
Sounds like you should be voting Reform UK who have said they will raise the thresholds that people start paying tax . Small private pensions are always going to be hit during times of low growth as the pension funds just can't generate enough interest so that's swings and roundabouts .Not really the Tories but global conditions more to blame for that 
Not saying the tories are off the hook with that but there is lot more to it than just saying 'Tories stole my pension ' , wait till Starmer gets in , it wont get any better .

HallowedBrexit

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm voting Reform UK. 

Union Flag

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 04, 2024, 08:13:59 AM
Oh they are out to get you alright ,you will own nothing  and everything you have worked for to provide for you and yours 
The Tories are out to get me, whenever there is a Tory government they do things to me and not for me. The latest being due to "Fiscal Drag," they have robbed a £1000 off of my wife and I's small private pensions.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 04, 2024, 08:15:04 AM
First, the likelihood of that is so utterly remote as to be laughable

John you must be sheltered from the ever increasing disaster the Tories are creating in England. Another five years of Tories there will be nothing left.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on July 04, 2024, 07:52:18 AM
"Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you." Five more years of Tory government and Britain will be fubared. (Effed up beyond all recognition.)
First, the likelihood of that is so utterly remote as to be laughable

Second, enjoy your splendid isolation when Sir Kneel A Lot bans cars and travel of any kind beyond 15 minutes from your home

I'll probably be dead soon given the miserable failure the twats in the bay have made of the Welsh NHS. Which i think will be preferable to the shit that T@@@ is about to unleash.

About the ONLY good thing to come of today is the Extinction Level Event Sunak has brought upon his party will first of all mean a properly right wing one will arose in its place and the other is i'll no linger have to put up with your endless whinges and bullshit about the party bring the source of every problem under tbe sun including excess sunshine and flooding as they won't be around to blame.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 04, 2024, 07:52:18 AM
"Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you." Five more years of Tory government and Britain will be fubared. (Effed up beyond all recognition.)
Oh they are out to get you alright ,you will own nothing  and everything you have worked for to provide for you and yours will be stolen for the 'greater good' .
The tories were not perfect , far from it but I would have them every day and twice on Sunday before I put a X next to anyone a wearing red rosette.