'I have heard your anger': Rishi Sunak resigns as Conservative Party leader

Started by SKY News, July 06, 2024, 01:01:31 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on July 06, 2024, 09:47:13 PM
Where they going to find one in the Tory party?
And that has always been their problem . The right of the Tory party were eurosceptic at best , never true leavers but reformists .  Which was a fair enough stance if it were possible but as we found out it wasn't .
The referendum should have been the warning shot across the bow of where they needed to position themselves that being the centre right . Stupidly they went the other way to the centre left ,maybe in attempt to press labour even more left and into a Corbynite  political wilderness .

The result as we have seen though is that they not only left behind their centre ground core vote but detached themselves completely from right wing conservatism .

Barry

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on July 06, 2024, 09:40:03 PM
If they don't pick a True Brexiteer as leader the party will be sunk.
Where they going to find one in the Tory party?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 06, 2024, 09:17:05 PM
Good riddance. You stabbed Boris in the back, after he had got an 80 seat majority and given you the Chancellor job.
Not content with that, you stabbed Liz Truss in the back by boycotting the party conference after she had to deal with the protocol of the death of the Queen.
Rishi, you were never going to win an election, you were only a PM through stealth and cunning - no one likes that.
If they don't pick a True Brexiteer as leader the party will be sunk. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Call me Keir has sent him on his way (not that I expect any better of him)

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: SKY News  on July 06, 2024, 01:01:31 AM

Rishi Sunak has said he has "heard your anger" as he resigned as leader of the Conservative Party after Labour won a landslide in the general election.

Source: 'I have heard your anger': Rishi Sunak resigns as Conservative Party leader
Good riddance. You stabbed Boris in the back, after he had got an 80 seat majority and given you the Chancellor job.
Not content with that, you stabbed Liz Truss in the back by boycotting the party conference after she had to deal with the protocol of the death of the Queen.
Rishi, you were never going to win an election, you were only a PM through stealth and cunning - no one likes that.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 06, 2024, 05:32:48 AM
Well its a shame he didn't hear very well a few years ago ,he wasn't wanted but decided to cock a deaf 'un
Quite. Him and all the other Tory MPs.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Well its a shame he didn't hear very well a few years ago ,he wasn't wanted but decided to cock a deaf 'un 

SKY News

Rishi Sunak has said he has "heard your anger" as he resigned as leader of the Conservative Party after Labour won a landslide in the general election.

Source: 'I have heard your anger': Rishi Sunak resigns as Conservative Party leader