Hilarious Interview With 'Brexit Hardman' Steve Baker & Gideon Osborne

Started by Borg Refinery, July 06, 2024, 06:45:25 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 04:13:34 PM
I am afraid 30p Lee was talking absolute bollocks. (He was shot down in flames comprehensively, the man is wildly out of touch and not fit for any public office. I feel VERY sorry for poor people in his constituency.)

Trying to palm it off on me as if I am in favour of 30p Lee Anderson is neither here nor there, you seem to do this a lot because you rarely read what people actually have posted

Nevermind eh?
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 09, 2024, 04:11:34 PM

The Speech in parliament said as much , he didn't say everyone could make a meal for 30p He said his foodbank does (batch cooking) as an example that if people could cook they could do it cheaper than buying processed food.

As an aside you only have to walk around your supermarket and the twenty aisle's of processed food and ready meals and the one aisle of fresh produce .Foodbanks are similar ,handing out boxes full of crap processed foodstuffs . I think Lee Anderson  has a point
Obviously you know bugger all about shopping or food banks. (Plus fresh produce is expensive and getting more so.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 09, 2024, 04:11:34 PM
I think he is referring to people on all levels of income ,that society in general has lost the ability to cook decent meals on a budget and that if they could cook there would be LESS of a need for foodbanks . He was actually trying to be kind to the poor in not singling them out as bad cooks . :) .

The Speech in parliament said as much , he didn't say everyone could make a meal for 30p He said his foodbank does (batch cooking) as an example that if people could cook they could do it cheaper than buying processed food.

As an aside you only have to walk around your supermarket and the twenty aisle's of processed food and ready meals and the one aisle of fresh produce .Foodbanks are similar ,handing out boxes full of crap processed foodstuffs . I think Lee Anderson  has a point

Of course you think he was referring to the rich, why am I not surprised

The food banks don't stock the best food all the time from what I've seen, but that's probably because they take what they are given and don't have much of a choice in the matter, so to blame them seems even better than Lee Anderson
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 09, 2024, 03:44:30 PM
He said quite clearly and succinctly that people in multi generations can't cook (do you really think he's not only referring to the poor?) and that there's not this massive use for foodbanks in the country ie if people could cook (as meals could be done for 30p a day) then they shouldn't exist

I understand, like papa, muck must be slung at others rather than engaging with what has been said
I am afraid 30p Lee was talking absolute bollocks. (He was shot down in flames comprehensively, the man is wildly out of touch and not fit for any public office. I feel VERY sorry for poor people in his constituency.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 09, 2024, 03:44:30 PM
He said quite clearly and succinctly that people in multi generations can't cook (do you really think he's not only referring to the poor?) and that there's not this massive use for foodbanks in the country ie if people could cook (as meals could be done for 30p a day) then they shouldn't exist

I understand, like papa, muck must be slung at others rather than engaging with what has been said
I think he is referring to people on all levels of income ,that society in general has lost the ability to cook decent meals on a budget and that if they could cook there would be LESS of a need for foodbanks . He was actually trying to be kind to the poor in not singling them out as bad cooks . :) .

Borg Refinery

He said quite clearly and succinctly that people in multi generations can't cook (do you really think he's not only referring to the poor?) and that there's not this massive use for foodbanks in the country ie if people could cook (as meals could be done for 30p a day) then they shouldn't exist

+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 09, 2024, 03:41:03 PM
This is another time when he was talking about foodbanks . But again he doesn't say that some people dont need  foodbanks or that there are some people who can cook . He is stating the facts ,that there is no massive need for foodbanks and yes there are many who cant cook properly .

Im not denying what he says , Im denying the context in which some would seek to put what he said

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 09, 2024, 03:24:27 PM
Except he said "there's not this massive use for food banks in this country" and that "generation after generation of people .. cannot cook properly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ieCX-Mn1W8

You seem to be point-blank denying what he actually said then telling papa (and presumably me) that we are this and that, but what you said isn't true ;)
This is another time when he was talking about foodbanks . But again he doesn't say that some people dont need  foodbanks or that there are some people who can cook . He is stating the facts ,that there is no massive need for foodbanks and yes there are many who cant cook properly .

Im not denying what he says , Im denying the context in which some would seek to put what he said

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 09, 2024, 03:10:50 PM
Or better informed than the idiots that just listen to second hand mud slinging or read the odd headline .

For starters the nickname the lefty victims of life have given him ,30p Lee . Anderson had attended a food bank in his own constituency and witnessed the cooks who had made 172 meals from ingredients costing £52 ,about 30p a meal . Thats not agreeing or disagreeing thats fact ,something you seem to ignore when making very nasty attacks on people
Subsequently during another interview when asked about people needing foodbanks he said people could make meals for 30p which in turn led to the lefty victims of life jumping out of their onesies  whilst spitting feathers saying Anderson had no empathy for the poor and named him 30p Lee .

He later while laughing ,don't blame him to be fair , said his comments were meant to help and encourage people to cook and had been taken out of context and that he in no way was suggesting poor people couldn't cook or that there was no need for foodbanks .

You pretend to be well informed , you even tell us you own a TV and a wireless , a remote controlled satellite dish that can spy on Putin and tells you the location of every living thing on the planet yet you buy the most weakest of slurs on what if you bothered to listen you would see the are based on the weakest of foundations .
There is a saying for your ilk , All the gear and  no idea ..........oink!

Except he said "there's not this massive use for food banks in this country" and that "generation after generation of people .. cannot cook properly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ieCX-Mn1W8

You seem to be point-blank denying what he actually said then telling papa (and presumably me) that we are this and that, but what you said isn't true ;)
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 03:07:27 PM
It was not 30p Lee's comments about immigration how he got the nickname.

And? His beliefs are less further right than yours in many areas
+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2024, 08:30:43 AM
30p Lee does not know what he is on about which is why he is nicknamed 30p Lee.  People agreeing with what he says merely means they are a pig ignorant as he is.
Or better informed than the idiots that just listen to second hand mud slinging or read the odd headline .

For starters the nickname the lefty victims of life have given him ,30p Lee . Anderson had attended a food bank in his own constituency and witnessed the cooks who had made 172 meals from ingredients costing £52 ,about 30p a meal . Thats not agreeing or disagreeing thats fact ,something you seem to ignore when making very nasty attacks on people 
Subsequently during another interview when asked about people needing foodbanks he said people could make meals for 30p which in turn led to the lefty victims of life jumping out of their onesies  whilst spitting feathers saying Anderson had no empathy for the poor and named him 30p Lee .

He later while laughing ,don't blame him to be fair , said his comments were meant to help and encourage people to cook and had been taken out of context and that he in no way was suggesting poor people couldn't cook or that there was no need for foodbanks .

You pretend to be well informed , you even tell us you own a TV and a wireless , a remote controlled satellite dish that can spy on Putin and tells you the location of every living thing on the planet yet you buy the most weakest of slurs on what if you bothered to listen you would see the are based on the weakest of foundations . 
There is a saying for your ilk , All the gear and  no idea ..........oink! 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 09, 2024, 02:49:04 PM
Excellent, thank you for clarifying your position :)
It was not 30p Lee's comments about immigration how he got the nickname.

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 09, 2024, 02:34:29 PM
IOW, your beliefs are further right than his are
My wishing to stop ALL immigration goes back to when I was eleven years old. (1959.) It relates to Britain going past the long term sustainable human carrying capacity back around 1840.
I am not entering in to yet another 4000 contribution thread about that. (It has zero to do with Malthus.)

Borg Refinery

+++