Starmer Accused Of Hypocrisy For Flying To Euros Final In Private Jet

Started by Borg Refinery, July 15, 2024, 11:07:41 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 17, 2024, 01:06:17 PM
And as you keep being told, when you start providing evidence for some of the guff you come out with, others might show you the same courtesy.
I do provide evidence Nick, you never read it. As it stands two right wing newspapers ably assisted by a member of the tax avoiders alliance have made accusations against Starmer with ZERO evidence to back it up.

All I am asking for is that evidence.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 17, 2024, 10:25:12 AMAll I am asking for is verifiable facts and evidence.
And as you keep being told, when you start providing evidence for some of the guff you come out with, others might show you the same courtesy.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on July 17, 2024, 12:44:39 PM
Perhaps the UK should have equivalents to the US Presidential Air-Force One. They only cost approx $5.2 billion to initially supply, with estimated flying costs of $250,000 per hour —ten times that of a regular 747...

The most hilarious part about that is Joe Biden's flight to the COP conference in that very same jet.

Gotta love the Democrats, or Demoncraps as people often call them here ..
+++

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 17, 2024, 09:30:09 AM
I would have thought that obvious. If it is not obvious to you, tough.
Someone asks a legitimate question you either ignore it or answer it, why do you always have to be obtuse?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Perhaps the UK should have equivalents to the US Presidential Air-Force One. They only cost approx $5.2 billion to initially supply, with estimated flying costs of $250,000 per hour —ten times that of a regular 747...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 17, 2024, 11:25:55 AM

Using this for private purposes is immoral. Using it to attend a football match is immoral.
Using it in those ways whilst preaching net zero is hypocrisy in the extreme.
But as yet no hard evidence.

Barry

It's not a private jet as in booking a "Netjets" flight (Cessna Citation or the like). However it is a government jet, an airliner type aircraft which is fully funded from the taxpayer.

Using this for private purposes is immoral. Using it to attend a football match is immoral.
Using it in those ways whilst preaching net zero is hypocrisy in the extreme.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 17, 2024, 10:14:04 AM

But go on, keep saying he flew from Stansted to Berlin for business, keep the laughs coming ;D
I have NOT stated that. I am asking for evidence about the flight. The origin of the complaint it was a jolly at taxpayers expense came from a member of the Tax Payers Alliance. (More like the tax avoiders and evaders alliance, who I have no trust or faith in at all.)

I have to state Starmer's government at the moment appears to be Tory Mark Three. I am NOT a supporter of, member of, or proselytiser for ANY political party.

All I am asking for is verifiable facts and evidence. 

Borg Refinery

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9afthtNp2_/

But go on, keep saying he flew from Stansted to Berlin for business, keep the laughs coming ;D
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 17, 2024, 09:58:48 AM

If you have proof government business was carried out on the flight and others were on the flight with him doing important tasks (rather than just travelling to the Euroes), then please enlighten us
I don't but the accusations flying about are not being fact checked first. I need to see evidence not speculation.

Borg Refinery

If Starmer accuses Rishi of flying on "private jets" and they are the same types of jets he is taking himself, also government exclusive lease just like Rishi's were, you think that somehow makes it OK for Starmer to do it too?

It just shows Starmer was being an idiot in calling Rishi's flights "private jet" flights in the first place, when they were clearly not. But then Starmer lies about everything like Tories don't he?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_transport_of_the_British_royal_family_and_government#Airbus_A321-2NX(LR)

If you have proof government business was carried out on the flight and others were on the flight with him doing important tasks (rather than just travelling to the Euroes), then please enlighten us

BTW even the Guardian refers to using the RAF Dassault (which is government exclusively leased, just like the airbus) as a "private jet".

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jul/31/sunak-private-jet-scotland-aberdeen-ministerial-code-labour

So when Starmer referred to Sunak's "private jet habit", he was equally criticising himself

You are the one "poo-stirring" as usual
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 17, 2024, 09:33:42 AM
Another 'go figure' post by same
It is not a go figure comment at all.  It was not a private jet used by Starmer just to go to a football match.
There are far too many assumptions and no evidence. How many other people were on the plane, was government business carried out as well.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on July 17, 2024, 09:30:09 AM

Another 'go figure' post by same
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on July 17, 2024, 08:51:50 AM

What difference does it make that it was govt property before Labour got in?

Borg Refinery

Unlikely to be a charter flight with spare seats if the UK govt owns it and was flying the PM of the UK to the Euroes final.

What difference does it make that it was govt property before Labour got in?

They're still using jets to fly the leader to the Euroes final, while going on about Sunak's hypocrisy in similar ways, that in itself is hypocrisy of the highest order

QuoteWhile Downing Street sometimes has access to an RAF Voyager plane, a mid-air refuelling craft that has had its interior fitted out to carry passengers, all the flights listed involved an Airbus A-321 operated by the charter carrier Titan Airways on behalf of the UK government.

The plane is painted with a union flag tail fin, and is a de facto equivalent to the official aircraft used by some other world leaders.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/mar/31/sunak-private-jet-trips-cabinet-office-flight-costs

Nonetheless, in just one trip: "A week after, he set off to the G20 summit in Bali, Indonesia, coming back on 17 November, a round trip that cost more than £340,000". What on earth is wrong with Sunak?

That is shocking
+++