Why are concerned citizens being labelled far right?

Started by papasmurf, August 02, 2024, 08:46:11 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on August 02, 2024, 10:30:20 AM
   anyone who goes against the establishment.
That would be me, apparently according to the "establishment," I am one of the "sinister vexatious minority." (Which I may get printed on a T-shirt.)
I am neither right or left wing, frankly they are stupid outdated labels.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

"Far-right" is a lazy slur in most cases.  Its power is the association with people like the Nazis.  The irony is that the EU was founded by Walter Hallstein, a WWII Nazi, and a living Nazi was applauded by the Canadian house of commons and Zelensky.  But, of course, the media don't call them far-right.  It's just protesters which they don't like, or anyone who goes against the establishment.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 02, 2024, 09:47:29 AM
Like Nigel Farage who you have called 'Far Right' on many occasions
Farage is merely a smarmy git. I am actually referring to various demonstrations/riots where all the people are labelled far right. (When frankly they very obviously are not ALL far right.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 02, 2024, 08:46:11 AM
Frankly I find it a puzzle and an insult that anyone who has opinions against the official line is labelled far right by politicians and the media.
Like Nigel Farage who you have called 'Far Right' on many occasions 

papasmurf

Frankly I find it a puzzle and an insult that anyone who has opinions against the official line is labelled far right by politicians and the media.