Main Menu

Heavy handed?

Started by T00ts, August 09, 2024, 06:03:10 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

What about sniping Ian Duncan Smith? I remember someone suggesting that was an excellent idea

Did that idea ever get off the ground?

BTW did you ever find those 600,000 dead who were killed by the DWP?
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on August 15, 2024, 12:29:48 AM
To be fair, we are very nasty indeed for pointing out erecting barbed wire/machine gun turrets around the UK coast is unacceptable

What were we thinking?
Given the disappearance of 11000 plus Daesh (also known as ISIL, Islamic State, or ISIS), plus the outbreak of Mpox in Africa, (Mpox has a three week incubation period.) In my opinion the border need shutting completely. Harsh measures are needed.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on August 14, 2024, 10:52:37 AM
That you and others seem totally unaware of how nasty you are you need counselling. I have successfully sued three people who lied about me. They all settled out of court.
To be fair, we are very nasty indeed for pointing out erecting barbed wire/machine gun turrets around the UK coast is unacceptable

What were we thinking?
+++

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on August 13, 2024, 09:30:29 PM
Feel free to sue me, I need a good laugh.
BTW I won't be responding to your nonsense again.
If we all stopped responding to nonsense this forum would become dormant Dancing
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: Nick on August 14, 2024, 12:33:57 PM
I just think it's hilarious, I would love him to try and sue me. Firstly I would get a letter from his solicitors with his full name and address on it, it would be scanned and posted on every forum. Sounds a right hoot.
*I can hear the sharp intake of breath* ^^
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 14, 2024, 04:03:28 PM
Not really . It doesn't cover the scenario of a plane crash outside the airport . You are then technically in the USA without a visa . You might be dead and Im not sure if you need a visa for being dead or if they prosecute dead people in the states but if you survive it you could be an illegal immigrant .

::)

:D :P :D :P :D :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on August 14, 2024, 12:00:43 PM
I think this pretty much covers it
Not really . It doesn't cover the scenario of a plane crash outside the airport . You are then technically in the USA without a visa . You might be dead and Im not sure if you need a visa for being dead or if they prosecute dead people in the states but if you survive it you could be an illegal immigrant .

::)

Nick

Quote from: Barry on August 14, 2024, 10:42:51 AM
If I were Admin of a forum and a member threatened to sue me they would not be a member any more. But I can be a bit heavy handed!
I just think it's hilarious, I would love him to try and sue me. Firstly I would get a letter from his solicitors with his full name and address on it, it would be scanned and posted on every forum. Sounds a right hoot. 

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 14, 2024, 12:00:43 PMQuote from: cromwell
You might as well get an Icelandic and Danish visa whilst you're at it, you're just as likely to get diverted there also. The double dip is you won't be issued a visa if you have what is deemed to be a reasonably serious criminal record, The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does not apply to United States visa law. My wife nearly got refused entry just cause we have been to Cuba. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 14, 2024, 11:37:53 AM
Also you can't sue someone for lying about you when what they are saying is true. I have a ten year work visa for the U.S. and I know the hoops you have to go through to get one. And we all pretty much know that they DO NOT issue a visa just in case you're diverted.

What happens to people without visas for the US if a plane is flying from Mexico to Canada and has to divert to the US?

Just because an aircraft touches US soil doesn't mean you've been admitted to the USA. There are international terminals in the USA that one can transit while not actually being legally in the USA. They are completely isolated from US Customs and Border Protection and the person going from one aircraft to another isn't ever actually in the United States in a legal sense.

So what happens is the people are kept on the plane or are held in a terminal area and not processed through Customs. As a result they are still in transit and as long as they are kept in place, they can wait until they can board a new aircraft and resume their journey.

Visas are only required for admission into the USA as an individual and there are lots of ways to be in the USA but not be admitted to move within it. Being on a plane on the tarmac is no different than a sailboat tying up after crossing the Atlantic and flying a Q-flag waiting for Customs to inspect them. Until that happens you are stuck where you are and can go no further into the USA without someone saying it is ok.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 14, 2024, 10:46:52 AM
He's all hot air,the only person looking silly would be him because you can be sure if the judge said anything he didn't like he'd be calling him and threatening.
Also you can't sue someone for lying about you when what they are saying is true. I have a ten year work visa for the U.S. and I know the hoops you have to go through to get one. And we all pretty much know that they DO NOT issue a visa just in case you're diverted. 

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on August 13, 2024, 08:35:05 PM
I'm not playing semantic games Scott,

Ironically, the entire legal system is a semantic game.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 14, 2024, 10:46:52 AM
He's all hot air,the only person looking silly would be him because you can be sure if the judge said anything he didn't like he'd be calling him and threatening.
That you and others seem totally unaware of how nasty you are you need counselling. I have successfully sued three people who lied about me. They all settled out of court. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on August 14, 2024, 10:42:51 AM
If I were Admin of a forum and a member threatened to sue me they would not be a member any more. But I can be a bit heavy handed!
He's all hot air,the only person looking silly would be him because you can be sure if the judge said anything he didn't like he'd be calling him and threatening.