Tory leadership hopeful attacks 'reckless rhetoric' of Farage over riots

Started by SKY News, August 15, 2024, 07:11:13 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2024, 07:51:14 PM
So it's gone from GBNews accused to the implication is... The video is there for everyone to see that what you have said twice now is utter rubbish, why don't you act like a man and admit you got something wrong?
GBNews didn't say or imply anything that you have said, FACT.
Nick frankly you cannot have watched that video. "Work Shy Britain," is plain enough. There was NO attempt to clarify how many out of the 9-10 million are available for work. It was yet again an attack scapegoating millions of people. (That was just one out of numerous GBNew reports on the subject that day.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2024, 07:47:07 PM
I watched it live. The implication is ALL of the 9-10 million are able to work. That is lies and propaganda.
So it's gone from GBNews accused to the implication is... The video is there for everyone to see that what you have said twice now is utter rubbish, why don't you act like a man and admit you got something wrong?
GBNews didn't say or imply anything that you have said, FACT.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2024, 07:00:18 PM
Have you actually watched this clip? Cause no where do GBNews utter the words, intimate or mime the words bone idle, he doesn't even give a single POV on the subject. What are you smoking?
The ex-Tory MP suggests that people who do not want or refuse to work should not be allowed to "Sit on their backsides" and pick up benefits, if you think they should then you're a mug.

So to summarise you are talking utter 💩, GBNews never said such a thing, it's your usual vitriolic claptrap. Are you going for the record of most non-posts, cause 14,000 must be somewhere near.
I watched it live. "Work Shy Britain," The implication is ALL of the 9-10 million are able to work. That is lies and propaganda.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2024, 06:12:39 PM
GB News is accusing ALL the 9-10 million economically inactive of being bone idle scroungers or words to that effect:-

Workshy Britain 39 minutes into the video:-

GBN Tonight | Wednesday 14th August - YouTube
Have you actually watched this clip? Cause no where do GBNews utter the words, intimate or mime the words bone idle, he doesn't even give a single POV on the subject. What are you smoking?
The ex-Tory MP suggests that people who do not want or refuse to work should not be allowed to "Sit on their backsides" and pick up benefits, if you think they should then you're a mug. 

So to summarise you are talking utter 💩, GBNews never said such a thing, it's your usual vitriolic claptrap. Are you going for the record of most non-posts, cause 14,000 must be somewhere near. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2024, 05:58:53 PM
That shows 30% of non-employed people are economically inactive. Unless you provide the figures from GBNews I can't comment on whether it's untrue.
GB News is accusing ALL the 9-10 million economically inactive of being bone idle scroungers or words to that effect:-

Workshy Britain 39 minutes into the video:- 

GBN Tonight | Wednesday 14th August - YouTube

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2024, 05:50:00 PM
There is a link to who the "economically inactive" are and they are NOT  the 9-10 million bone idle scroungers that they are being blanket accused of on GBNews:-
Graph on first page of link:-
UK economic inactivity by reason 2024 | Statista
That shows 30% of non-employed people are economically inactive. Unless you provide the figures from GBNews I can't comment on whether it's untrue.

EDIT

Just done a quick calc using the graph and I get about 8.4 million people economically inactive, so I'm guessing actually using the data could be 9 million. What's your point?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2024, 05:33:40 PM
Where's your link to that statement?
There is a link to who the "economically inactive" are and they are NOT  the 9-10 million bone idle scroungers that they are being blanket accused of on GBNews:-
Graph on first page of link:-
UK economic inactivity by reason 2024 | Statista

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2024, 03:13:08 PM
That may still happen. Pack of lies about the "economically inactive" unchallenged.
Where's your link to that statement?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2024, 02:35:03 PM
Same as trying to shut GBNews down.
That may still happen. Pack of lies about the "economically inactive" unchallenged.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 15, 2024, 12:16:15 PM
As Farage has said , "The closer you get to the target the more flack you get " . These politicians and supporters of the social democrat and far left parties really don't like it when Farage says what the populist right is thinking . You note they never actually point out or even try and answer the question Farage raised but just say its "dangerous rhetoric" .

If they want a row they need to be specific if they don't then shut the feck up .
Same as trying to shut GBNews down. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2024, 07:18:18 AM
It is not just Tory hopefuls attacking Farage.
As Farage has said , "The closer you get to the target the more flack you get " . These politicians and supporters of the social democrat and far left parties really don't like it when Farage says what the populist right is thinking . You note they never actually point out or even try and answer the question Farage raised but just say its "dangerous rhetoric" .

If they want a row they need to be specific if they don't then shut the feck up . 

papasmurf

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

SKY News

Tory leadership hopeful attacks 'reckless rhetoric' of Farage over riots

Tory leadership contender Tom Tugendhat will call for a national conversation about the root causes of the recent riots - hitting out at the "reckless rhetoric" of Nigel Farage.

Source: Tory leadership hopeful attacks 'reckless rhetoric' of Farage over riots