Getting to and from Europe is about to get a whole lot harder | Adam Boulton

Started by SKY News, August 28, 2024, 07:01:49 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

papasmurf

Then in France more and more towns/cities require a Critair sticker. (Depends on the age of your car and emissions category.)

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on August 28, 2024, 11:58:42 AM
They have been trying to implement EES for 5 years and have failed every time, due to Spain and Portugal not wanting it. Who says it is going to fly this time?
Well I wouldn't bet an empty glass to win a full one on it

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 28, 2024, 11:58:42 AM
They have been trying to implement EES for 5 years and have failed every time, due to Spain and Portugal not wanting it. Who says it is going to fly this time?
ETIAS keeps being delayed as well. (Currently some time in 2025.) I have registered to get informed.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 28, 2024, 11:36:22 AM
We're not in Schengen. we were never in Schengen so such a move was always going to happen.  It'll be an irritant yes but an outrage?  No

The problem as such is of course only when the journey time is short and then the register/check time can noticeably complicate what were almost free flow procesures.  Hence the focus on Dover and the Channel Tunnel.

But I figure the sun will still rise each day.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

We're not in Schengen. we were never in Schengen so such a move was always going to happen.  It'll be an irritant yes but an outrage?  No

The problem as such is of course only when the journey time is short and then the register/check time can noticeably complicate what were almost free flow procesures.  Hence the focus on Dover and the Channel Tunnel.

But I figure the sun will still rise each day.

Nick

Most countries collect fingerprints and mug shots on entry, it is to match your face with the picture you gave whilst applying for a visa. Another nonsense story. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Once the personal data has been gathered it will be quicker for any subsequent trip.

SKY News

Getting to and from Europe is about to get a whole lot harder | Adam Boulton

The August bank holiday has arrived - the cue for millions to get back to work after whatever holidays they have managed to enjoy.

Source: Getting to and from Europe is about to get a whole lot harder | Adam Boulton