Still needs fixing

Started by BeElBeeBub, September 07, 2024, 10:14:20 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 08, 2024, 09:46:21 PM
Even an idiot would know that they are still fair comparisons showing how poorly we're doing

But even you should know that you quoted that 0.3% figure for Germany knowing it was the 'real GDP' figure for them.  And now you're rubbishing your own post - priceless.
I'm talking about fastest growing economy, and the U.K. has the fastest growing economy in the G7. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Even an idiot would know that they are still fair comparisons showing how poorly we're doing

But even you should know that you quoted that 0.3% figure for Germany knowing it was the 'real GDP' figure for them.  And now you're rubbishing your own post - priceless.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 08, 2024, 08:49:25 PM
What an own goal post by you that was Nick seems you forgot who told you that 0.3%.  i did in a post that showed how poor UK Growth had been over that span compared to the rest of the G7.  And best bit was you then rejected the 2019-24 comparisons you now wish to use

A reminder:  https://pol-tics.com/index.php?topic=7293.msg127925#msg127925
Now you're doing a Smurf by posting 'REAL GDP' I never uttered the word real, I said GDP. Stop playing games. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 08, 2024, 08:30:24 PM
A good read

Fishy Business: How Brexit Failed To Help a Dying Industry
I said it until I'm blue in the face, the fishing industry screwed them selves over by lying to the tax man for years. Simple. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 08, 2024, 08:30:43 PM
Any chance you can manage to post a Hyperlink? Or do I really have to copy and paste?

I have news for you, the U.K. economy up to the GE is doing rather well.

UK GDP in Q2 2024 was 2.3% above its pre-pandemic level of Q4 2019. GDP in Germany up by 0.3%.
What an own goal post by you that was Nick seems you forgot who told you that 0.3%.  i did in a post that showed how poor UK Growth had been over that span compared to the rest of the G7.  And best bit was you then rejected the 2019-24 comparisons you now wish to use

A reminder:   https://pol-tics.com/index.php?topic=7293.msg127925#msg127925

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 06, 2024, 12:20:18 PM
And the position since Brexit is even worse, we're 6th out of 7

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 08, 2024, 07:21:08 PM
No shit Sherlock

They're in the EEA which we had access to when we were in the EU

A reminder of what your pyrrhic Brexit delivered re Norway:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56940914

'Fishing crews have been "disastrously let down" by the government's failure to reach a deal with Norway, UK Fisheries chief executive has said.

UK fleets will not have access to Norway's sub-Arctic seas, following the breakdown of UK-Norway negotiations.

One trawler, which catches 10% of fish sold in chip shops, will be tied up for a year following the collapse in talks.'

Eventually a limited deal was done 2 years later but at a price.
Any chance you can manage to post a Hyperlink? Or do I really have to copy and paste?

I have news for you, the U.K. economy up to the GE is doing rather well. 

UK GDP in Q2 2024 was 2.3% above its pre-pandemic level of Q4 2019. GDP in Germany up by 0.3%.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 08, 2024, 07:01:47 PM
So why bother trying to score points with old data, I accept your addition of being wrong.
I am NOT trying to score points Nick basically inshore fishing is on it's way to being wrecked in the aftermath of the dogs Brexit. Labour trying to do some negotiating with the EU will be too late for many inshore fishermen. The number of which have been declining by around 100 a year since Brexit.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 08, 2024, 03:38:01 PM
I have news for you, Norway and Iceland are not in the EU.
No shit Sherlock

They're in the EEA which we had access to when we were in the EU

A reminder of what your pyrrhic Brexit delivered re Norway:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56940914 

'Fishing crews have been "disastrously let down" by the government's failure to reach a deal with Norway, UK Fisheries chief executive has said.

UK fleets will not have access to Norway's sub-Arctic seas, following the breakdown of UK-Norway negotiations.

One trawler, which catches 10% of fish sold in chip shops, will be tied up for a year following the collapse in talks.'

Eventually a limited deal was done 2 years later but at a price.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 08, 2024, 06:41:02 PM
Blame the lag in the data being produced.
So why bother trying to score points with old data, I accept your addition of being wrong. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 08, 2024, 04:52:56 PM
But you can only show a report from almost 18 months ago. How about some 2024 data?
Blame the lag in the data being produced. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 08, 2024, 12:57:03 PM
With costly paperwork digging a big hole in the profit, (if there is any profit.)
Yeah, people always export things for zero profit. 🤦 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 08, 2024, 11:55:10 AM
There isn't enough for the UK demand, we import 200,000+ tonnes of Cod each year and 1.2million tonnes of seafood overall incl 150,000 tonnes from Norway where we had a free right to fish until Brexit.

Meantime we export just under half that amount - which of course was hurt because post Brexit we had to meet EU regs on cleaning shellfish.

Here'e the stats:  https://www.seafish.org/insight-and-research/seafood-trade-data/ 
I have news for you, Norway and Iceland are not in the EU.