They think we are stupid.

Started by Nick, September 24, 2024, 12:37:08 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

United utilities are a bunch of shysters,more leaks than the titanic and yeah water pressure so low,try in the middle of the night like a bloody trickle and all because they don't fix the leaks.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Just looked on my water supplier website,  minimum pressure 10psi, maximum 14 psi.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

My father-in-law was a plumber and he used to tell us off for turning off taps too quickly as pipe judder could apparently cause damage?
I think most household supplies are at about 2-3 Bar. United Utilities website says they will provide a minimum of 0.7 Bar which seems a tad low to me. It's only 10 PSI.

https://www.unitedutilities.com/globalassets/documents/retailer-documents/9081-water-and-wastewater-guide-for-business-customers.pdf

Page 6
† The end is nigh †

Nick

United Utilities who run things round here must think we are daft. Rather than fix leaks they are just gradually just turning the water pressure down.
When we had the extension built I ripped the old lead out and put a 32mm Alkathene supply in, which should give me a large flow. Problem is you need pressure to give you flow and these crooks are dropping it steadily. I remember years ago, when you turned a tap off all the pipes juddered with the pressure.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.