Mogg: Tories Should Step Aside In 100 Seats Where Reform Can Win

Started by Borg Refinery, October 01, 2024, 05:24:12 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

My politics are not like Owen Jones', I am not far left, but this is an interesting set of Q&As

Someone notes they were more friendly to Owen Jones outside the Tory party conference than they were at the Labour conference
+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borg Refinery on October 01, 2024, 05:25:05 PMRelated:

Half of Tory members want party to merge with Reform, poll for Liz Truss's think tank reveals

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/reform-uk-tory-conference-merger-poll-b2621939.html

Of course they do , the only way they will ever get back in power is to court the disenfranchised right .Its possible I suppose but they will need to remove themselves from the wets , the one nation tories and the social democrats that have infected the party .
There will be no merger though , just a resignation from the party and going down on one knee and begging to join Reform .Nigel did say membership would be limited to 20 million though so if they are going to do it they had best hurry up .
 Union Flag

Borg Refinery

+++

Borg Refinery

QuoteSir Jacob Rees-Mogg has suggested the Tories should stand aside in nearly 100 seats where Reform UK are second to Labour.

The former cabinet minister said that the Conservatives should make a "big and generous offer" to the party led by Nigel Farage in a bid to unite the Right.

Sir Jacob, who lost his Somerset seat to Labour's Dan Norris at the general election, made the remarks at a Popular Conservative event on the fringes of the Tory conference in Birmingham.

He said: "What should we do? Well, let's for once model ourselves on David Cameron and make a big and generous offer...

"What if we were to say at the next election, as we did to the liberal unionists, we will not oppose Reform in those 98 seats? I would certainly be open to that as a real opportunity for Reform to win seats from Labour."

He added: "I think it would help us, it will help them. And we will not win if we do not reunite."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/09/30/rees-mogg-tories-should-step-aside-seats-reform-can-win/
+++