Manchester airport incident - 23rd July 2024

Started by Barry, Today at 04:26:54 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

It still looks very ugly

I can see the logic of what Reform are saying but if you or I did what that copper did we'd still be in remand on a charge of attempted murder.  Instead he's free and on full pay.

He will probably argue provocation - and there was - but that might cut both ways.

I hope all the assailants go to jail.

papasmurf

That incident has gone very quiet, in my opinion suspiciously so.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Reform UK has said it will launch a private prosecution against the men suspected of being involved in a disturbance at Manchester Airport in July if they are not charged by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

Footage of a fracas at the airport went viral and appeared to show an officer kicking and stamping on the head of Fahir Amaaz, 19, as he and his brother Muhammed Amaad, 25, were restrained by officers.

Further footage, obtained by the Manchester Evening News, emerged days later which showed the immediate lead-up to the incident on July 23, including when two female police officers were hit to the ground before Mr Amaaz was incapacitated with a Taser.

An investigation by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is under way into the incident and nobody has been charged.

www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/24635075.reform-uk-plots-prosecution-fight-manchester-airport/

I'm not sure if they can launch a private prosecution without the permission of the attorney general, but this certainly puts pressure on the CPS to get the people responsible for this serious breach of the peace, involving a WPC getting a broken nose, charged.
† The end is nigh †