seen anything worth watching on the BBC recently?

Started by Borchester, February 28, 2020, 10:04:00 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Nick post_id=17820 time=1583061627 user_id=73
Not sure what channel it's on but I've just started watching a dark comedy called HOME. It's about a Syrian refugee living with a family in a semi. Really good.

Channel 4

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/home">//https://www.channel4.com/programmes/home

Thanks for the tip, Nick.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Not sure what channel it's on but I've just started watching a dark comedy called HOME. It's about a Syrian refugee living with a family in a semi. Really good.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Today, the licence runs out, so the TV antenna will be unplugged and it's all non BBC catch up. What will we do. We will be 24 hours behind. Help!  ;)
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=17747 time=1582975531 user_id=53

If I cant sleep I sometimes watch Hard talk at  0400 and the Business report that follows

Snap - see you there!   :D

Streetwalker

No, nothing to report of interest . If I cant sleep I sometimes watch Hard talk at  0400 and the Business report that follows but that's more that the other channels are in sleep mode than the BBC putting out anything  above and beyond .

When they actually get back to making TV programmes for entertainment instead of promoting its continual left wing ,diversity, equality  agenda the BBC might be worth a watch and may I add  the licence fee

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17726 time=1582966156 user_id=89
The repair shop, plus loads of programs on BBC4, and of course any program with Prof.Alice Roberts in it.

You're right, the repair shop was very interesting. I do like history programmes and discovery things so 4 might be on my hit list.

I think half the problem is that a series is created and to start with it is ok but then it gets stuck in the formula created to the point that you can pretty much predict the script and camera shots in advance. I lose it long before that point.

papasmurf

The repair shop, plus loads of programs on BBC4, and of course any program with Prof.Alice Roberts in it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=17720 time=1582927440 user_id=62
I have to admit that I don't watch much TV. But I have just seen A Christmas Carol, The War of the Worlds and The Pale Horse and none of them struck me as up to much. The acting and camera work were fine, but I got the impression that the show runners were so busy trying to be new and innovative  that they had forgotten that their first task was to entertain.

Still, as I said, I have not seen a lot of the Beeb's output recently. Anyone else seen anything worthwhile?

That has really set me thinking and I can't remember anything that has stuck with me. Gosh that's a bit of a shock. I guess if I'm honest I too don't have BBC as my go to anymore. Their political delivery over the last couple of years taught me to look elsewhere and that has stayed. Having said that if I see something that might be interesting and it proves dull in the first few minutes I don't stick around.

Borchester

I have to admit that I don't watch much TV. But I have just seen A Christmas Carol, The War of the Worlds and The Pale Horse and none of them struck me as up to much. The acting and camera work were fine, but I got the impression that the show runners were so busy trying to be new and innovative  that they had forgotten that their first task was to entertain.

Still, as I said, I have not seen a lot of the Beeb's output recently. Anyone else seen anything worthwhile?
Algerie Francais !