Have you just woken up?

Started by T00ts, February 29, 2020, 11:32:13 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=17799 time=1583011299 user_id=63
Years of getting up.in the dark to load the wagon to.roll to the client before sunrise has taken its toll.

No matter how late I get to bed, the auto alarms in the lower brain throw me out of slumber at 5:15 no matter what.

I just fall asleep at 3pm to compensate...

Aw bless!

johnofgwent

Years of getting up.in the dark to load the wagon to.roll to the client before sunrise has taken its toll.

No matter how late I get to bed, the auto alarms in the lower brain throw me out of slumber at 5:15 no matter what.

I just fall asleep at 3pm to compensate...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Bright Young Thing

Quote from: cromwell post_id=17784 time=1583000402 user_id=48
usually get up in the night to have a pee,wake up about 6 am read the news on my phone make tea and toast get back in bed  :lol:

As someone who has yeeeaaars to go until retirement, all you oldies are starting to get on my nerves!!  :kikass:  :lol:  :lol:
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

cromwell

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=17783 time=1582990635 user_id=49
I'm finding as I get older it's more and more difficult to get a long lie - I never sleep past 7.30 and am usually awake a fair bit earlier than that. Probably due to my body clock being accustomed to getting up at half 6 during the week. Doesn't bother me though as I prefer to be up and about, get stuff done and dusted before mid afternoon, when I can relax with a cuppa and chill out for the rest of the day!

usually get up in the night to have a pee,wake up about 6 am read the news on my phone make tea and toast get back in bed  :lol:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Bright Young Thing

I'm finding as I get older it's more and more difficult to get a long lie - I never sleep past 7.30 and am usually awake a fair bit earlier than that. Probably due to my body clock being accustomed to getting up at half 6 during the week. Doesn't bother me though as I prefer to be up and about, get stuff done and dusted before mid afternoon, when I can relax with a cuppa and chill out for the rest of the day!
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17778 time=1582985794 user_id=50
No, I was just trying to make you smile, but obviously that failed!  :lol:

Anyway, I'm going down the bookies then for a quiet pint or two ;)

Remember to leave enough gold for your good lady to shop  next week! I'm not convinced that she isn't doing the supermarket drag rather than the trinkets.   :roll:

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17776 time=1582984963 user_id=54
Hard luck stories again!  :roll:

No, I was just trying to make you smile, but obviously that failed!  :lol:

Anyway, I'm going down the bookies then for a quiet pint or two ;)

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17775 time=1582984798 user_id=50
That's the middle of the afternoon?

Anyway, Toots has obviously forgotten that the female Princess of the species sets a daily lists of tasks for her Prince Charming to complete if he wants to keep her fair hand in love. In the old days, it used to be stuff like slaying dragons, but as there aren't many dragons left anymore (and slaying them is probably against some liberal law or other), today its stuff like mending that curtain rail or replacing that broken slab on the path.

Meanwhile, said Princess proceeds to the Medieval equivalent of the market (the retail park) in order to buy loads of pointless spangly stuff with all said Princes treasure.

Hard luck stories again!  :roll:

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry post_id=17772 time=1582982931 user_id=51
Today I was up at 8.30...

That's the middle of the afternoon?

Anyway, Toots has obviously forgotten that the female Princess of the species sets a daily lists of tasks for her Prince Charming to complete if he wants to keep her fair hand in love. In the old days, it used to be stuff like slaying dragons, but as there aren't many dragons left anymore (and slaying them is probably against some liberal law or other), today its stuff like mending that curtain rail or replacing that broken slab on the path.

Meanwhile, said Princess proceeds to the Medieval equivalent of the market (the retail park) in order to buy loads of pointless spangly stuff with all said Princes treasure.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=17772 time=1582982931 user_id=51
Once I'm awake, I hate laying in bed. :shock:

Today I was up at 8.30 and it's usually earlier. Madam was still asleep having taken some anti-histamines which made her a trifle sleepier than usual.

Nothing happens before coffee.

:thup:

Barry

Once I'm awake, I hate laying in bed. :shock:

Today I was up at 8.30 and it's usually earlier. Madam was still asleep having taken some anti-histamines which made her a trifle sleepier than usual.

Nothing happens before coffee.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

I have to be awake early to take medication as does my wife to administer some of my medication until the end of March. (She doesn't do mornings so things will be a bit tense until then.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=17757 time=1582976947 user_id=62
Actually, I have looked at the yard long list of jobs I have to do and thought, sod it, they will still be there tomorrow and have decided to spent the morning drinking coffee.

:D

:hattip  and why not!

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17750 time=1582975933 user_id=54
For most of today it's been pretty quiet then suddenly now everyone is present and correct. Is that because you have just surfaced or, unlike me, you have been busy getting all the jobs done and stopped for coffee?

Actually, I have looked at the yard long list of jobs I have to do and thought, sod it, they will still be there tomorrow and have decided to spent the morning drinking coffee.

:D
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

For most of today it's been pretty quiet then suddenly now everyone is present and correct. Is that because you have just surfaced or, unlike me, you have been busy getting all the jobs done and stopped for coffee?