What a time to send this letter

Started by Barry, April 01, 2020, 08:11:19 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=20013 time=1585808359 user_id=48
Who is wailing though? It's not that such decisions haven't happened in the past it's the way it is presented.

Sorry Cromwell, maybe that was a careless choice of words. But the point stands. In such circumstances,.I'd far rather someone be "Frank and realistic" with me than blow sugar up my arse. Not everyones preference I know, but it would be mine.

papasmurf

There is vast difference between discussing such matters with your nearest and dearest and your GP and  deciding to fill out what is a standard form, and some callous bastard sending it through the post. That is unacceptable and as I understand it those who sent it through the post have been severely bollocked.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=20012 time=1585807588 user_id=50
I know this view won't be popular, but I'm going to state it anyway. We are in extraordinary times. There could possibly be many arguments over NHS funding and no doubt much political capital is to be made out of this, but the truth is the time for those arguments has passed and they won't solve anything now. I don't think it's a reasonable view that any health service in the world could have been prepared for such a black swan crises like this, and wailing about it solves nothing either. This is a resource crises and the resources we have are close to being overwhelmed, as has happened in other countries.

Nobody wants to make decisions like this, and emotional arguments won't magically create more resources. If you only have one respirator bed and two critical patients, it comes down to the cold hard facts. Who are you going to give it too? The 30 year old with a 75% chance of recovery? Or the patient with other serious conditions whose chance of recovery is 10%? In the end, someone will have to make these decisions, unless or until resources are available to treat everyone.

Sorry. But in an imperfect world there are no perfect solutions.

Who is wailing though? It's not that such decisions haven't happened in the past it's the way it is presented.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

I know this view won't be popular, but I'm going to state it anyway. We are in extraordinary times. There could possibly be many arguments over NHS funding and no doubt much political capital is to be made out of this, but the truth is the time for those arguments has passed and they won't solve anything now. I don't think it's a reasonable view that any health service in the world could have been prepared for such a black swan crises like this, and wailing about it solves nothing either. This is a resource crises and the resources we have are close to being overwhelmed, as has happened in other countries.

Nobody wants to make decisions like this, and emotional arguments won't magically create more resources. If you only have one respirator bed and two critical patients, it comes down to the cold hard facts. Who are you going to give it too? The 30 year old with a 75% chance of recovery? Or the patient with other serious conditions whose chance of recovery is 10%? In the end, someone will have to make these decisions, unless or until resources are available to treat everyone.

Sorry. But in an imperfect world there are no perfect solutions.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry post_id=20006 time=1585772107 user_id=51
I wonder if that letter reflects some sort of policy, or whether the practice manager thought it was a good idea and acted off her own bat.

EDIT:

And - why wasn't the letter in Welsh so JoG can understand it?  :lol:

Why wasnt it in the elder futhark, so I could understand it  you mean.

I once knew a girl.from maesteg.

Almost biblically... alas only almost.

Mary thought bridgend was the bright lights and was quite stunned when it took nearly 30 min for the coach bringing her to university to get from the outskirts tonthe uni... bless her. I wonfedcwhat she got up to in the end...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

That's because they all voted leave and the BMA wanted to remain...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=20006 time=1585772107 user_id=51
I wonder if that letter reflects some sort of policy, or whether the practice manager thought it was a good idea and acted off her own bat.

EDIT:

You missed a comma out there and the word insensitive (providing of course it was her decision)
QuoteI wonder if that letter reflects some sort of policy, or whether the practice manager thought it was a good idea and acted off her own, insensitive  bat.
:o

Barry

EDIT:

† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=20003 time=1585768279 user_id=51
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52117814">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52117814

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/16165/production/_111496409_tweetsurgery.jpg">

There'll be fallout over this!

Yes saw this too,they could've condensed it to "sod off and die"

Barry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52117814">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52117814

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/16165/production/_111496409_tweetsurgery.jpg">

There'll be fallout over this!
† The end is nigh †