M4 two fatal crashes in 24 hours!

Started by Sampanviking, April 07, 2020, 02:51:24 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Javert post_id=20784 time=1586330784 user_id=64
He lived in Nottingham.  He claimed that he had been to London "to buy a loaf of bread as it's cheaper in London".

Another COVIDiot, probably in a company car with the fuel paid by them. What a plonker.
† The end is nigh †

Javert

From what I've seen, police on the motorways have been regularly catching people doing over 100MPH in the last week, including one man who had his two young kids in the car.

He lived in Nottingham.  He claimed that he had been to London "to buy a loaf of bread as it's cheaper in London".

johnofgwent

If this is what and where i think.it is ...

Speaking as a resident who can see the junction where one started and a daughter whose flat overlooks where that one finished .....

At 4am this morning a maniac driving a black car with the area unmarked Volvo so close up his tail he was masturbating the exhaust pipe, followed by a procession of marked cars right out of the sodding blues brothers came round the corner of the road across the way

Accounts on arse book of how the T@@@ did what they did, where and when they did it, through a housing estate with cars parked up on pavements leaving me hardly the room I need to get my suzuki sx4 s-cross through... at idiot speed

Those posts also show how they royally scared to death half the neighbourhood

But this does explain why I was woken from my slumber by the noise of the twats antics when I was.

They shot up the 'main' road about 400 ft south as l limped to the ensuite bog for a piss, then as I came back from taking a piss and walked to the third floor landing to peer through the vellux and get a better look, I saw the whole calvacade shoot back towards the M4.

The sky was lit with blue like Luke Skywalker had changed the lasers on his x fighter ...

And then they vanished

I do not know what transpired.

My daughter did say she heard a hell of a bang.

Last time we helped plod we both got our ID and DNA on the fucking database alongside the killer and it wont ever come off thanks to nick fucking clegg.

So to any plod reading this i have already erased my house cctv which is too low to see it anyway and if you try to enlist my 'help' again I'll cut you a new arse hile with my cordless hedge trimmer. Because of how you treated us last time you utter scum

Someone on the said local arse book group ended their post with a comment bugger they're on the M4 I hope they dont kill themselves.

It seems they did

Fine by me. Saves a massive trial and keeps a defence brief unemployed.

And I will probably get a quiet night's sleep tonight.

As to the other fatality, a van and a car crashed in a tunnel whose entrance is 600 yards from JoG towers. It's an insane road, in both directions atvseveral motorway junctions three lanes become four then five then three then four then two at the last moment as you enter the tunnel and often that is down to one lane for night time work.

And it is the main road to.england from the republic of ireland.

The last two serious fatalities eastbound between J28 and J24 were both ordinary poor sods minding their own sodding business having driven off the midnight rossslare to fishguard ferry. On a good day its three and a half hours for a lorry, Two and a half for a car busting 75-80 where it can, three for a car driven under the limits, to.get here.

The boat docks and most cars clear the harbour by 12. I know I've done it.

You wont get me on the M4 Malpas straight either way between 3 and 4.30 even if you offer me your euromillions lottery win...

It's an insane road network and when I am on a long commute home I come off long before it and use the old road built in the 1800s - the one that had the police chase!!!! for the last few miles to my door
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nalaar

Quote from: Sampanviking post_id=20762 time=1586267484 user_id=79I have little doubt that the main cause of this, is every boy racer coming out thinking that the near empty road are their own personal speedway tracks.

While that's certainly possible there are other factors to consider. For many driving along long stretch's of road (Especially when driving alone, and when the roads are quiet) the monotony alone could be enough to get them killed.

In any case I don't think it's appropriate to assume the drivers final moments of life, or use their death to opine about some sort of Mad Max fantasy.
Don't believe everything you think.

Sampanviking

Just for you Papay

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-brynglas-tunnels-m4-18044916">https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... 4-18044916">https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-brynglas-tunnels-m4-18044916

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/local-news/bmw-driver-18-dies-after-4026684">https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/loca ... er-4026684">https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/local-news/bmw-driver-18-dies-after-4026684

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking post_id=20762 time=1586267484 user_id=79
Now there is a thing!

Despite the volume of traffic having fallen to a trickle over the last couple of weeks, the M4 - between Swindon and Newport, had two fatal road accidents within a 24 hour period.

Is there a link available for that please?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

And people complain that the lock down should have come earlier — imagine the level of selfish stupidity we'd be witnessing now if current levels are anything to judge by...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Now there is a thing!

Despite the volume of traffic having fallen to a trickle over the last couple of weeks, the M4 - between Swindon and Newport, had two fatal road accidents within a 24 hour period.

I have little doubt that the main cause of this, is every boy racer coming out thinking that the near empty road are their own personal speedway tracks.

I did think to myself at the beginning of lock down, that while it all seemed very civilised at present, that give it a good month and it would soon start to turn into Mad Max!