Any ideas on what Boris will do next?

Started by Borchester, October 19, 2019, 07:43:21 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Findeton post_id=1367 time=1571556957 user_id=76
He promised it, as Prime Minister, and on the first day on the job.

You could argue that he just doesn't have the power to choose to leave by the 31st (or any of the other promises), but again, then why did he make empty promises? The honest thing to do in that case is not to lie, not to make empty promises he can't fulfill.

As I understand it the default position is that we leave on 31st deal or no deal. That has not changed.

T00ts

Quote from: Findeton post_id=1365 time=1571556314 user_id=76
Not to lie in the first place. He said he would "rather be dead in a ditch" than ask the EU to delay Brexit. I don't want to see him harmed in any way, but he did ask for an extension and he's not "dead in a ditch".

On the first day of his government he promised to leave by the 31st of October, now he's asked for an extension that can last up till the end of January next year. He's made too many promises, and he's not delivering.

Why would he roll over at the first notion that opposition MPs would take over government without an election? He is doing what he can and showing some backbone. THank goodness he hasn't flown a white flag and given in willingly to a political shower that have only one aim.We have a group of MPs who are misusing the situation of a minority government in order to take power by the back door. This is nothing about Bexit it's a power game.

The best thing the EU can do now is nothing.

Findeton

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1366 time=1571556575 user_id=57
It's not BJ who is not delivering. it's those idiot remainer MPs who are not delivering on a promise they made over 3 years ago.

He promised it, as Prime Minister, and on the first day on the job.

You could argue that he just doesn't have the power to choose to leave by the 31st (or any of the other promises), but again, then why did he make empty promises? The honest thing to do in that case is not to lie, not to make empty promises he can't fulfill.

Cassie

It's not BJ who is not delivering. it's those idiot remainer MPs who are not delivering on a promise they made over 3 years ago.

Findeton

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1362 time=1571555781 user_id=54
What choice did he really have?

Not to lie in the first place. He said he would "rather be dead in a ditch" than ask the EU to delay Brexit. I don't want to see him harmed in any way, but he did ask for an extension and he's not "dead in a ditch".

On the first day of his government he promised to leave by the 31st of October, now he's asked for an extension that can last up till the end of January next year. He's made too many promises, and he's not delivering.

Cassie

I keep hearing somebody is taking out a court case against  BJ  tomorrow. I don't know why or who, anyone else know?

T00ts

Quote from: Findeton post_id=1361 time=1571555701 user_id=76
So Boris did send the letter asking for an extension, even when he said he wouldn't. He also sent two letters even when he assured the courts he wouldn't.

What choice did he really have?

Findeton

So Boris did send the letter asking for an extension, even when he said he wouldn't. He also sent two letters even when he assured the courts he wouldn't.

Baron von Lotsov

<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Barry

Ah, that explains why the WA is up again for discussion on Monday, the EU are going to ask MPs to reconsider and vote it in without further ado.

Three letters in all. That'll learn 'em. :)
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

I saw a post on arsebook publicising some QC twatterati saying if Boris does not send the letter, he will commence contempt proceedings against him

Which is interesting.

Did Yaxley Lennon have access to the postal system while he was banged up for contempt ?

It will take several months to elect a new leader of the tory party. It will take almost as long to move the petition to remove him as an MP. It seems to me having Boris banged up for contempt is a most cost  efficient way of securing a no deal brexit
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Apparently Boris has sent two letters. One asks for an extension and the other saying that he thinks it is a rubbish idea

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50112924">//https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50112924

Whatever else, BoJo, is fun  :D
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=1351 time=1571517205 user_id=62
11 pm GMT or Brussels Time?

Good question.  :D

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=1346 time=1571511315 user_id=54
Just announced that TUsk and BJ talking. Tusk waiting for letter that must be sent by 11pm.

11 pm GMT or Brussels Time?
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Just announced that TUsk and BJ talking. Tusk waiting for letter that must be sent by 11pm.