British Army Answerphone

Started by Borchester, May 02, 2020, 01:12:15 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry post_id=23259 time=1588421951 user_id=51
How about calling the police?

They won't give numbers of individual police stations. They don't want you to call 999, so they get 112 introduced but there is a queue to answer it and a charge to call them.

I have all but given up.

Although I have to say, the day before the lockdown some T@@@ abandoned a transit van they must have nicked by parking it sideways in the main road up from the house and i nearly hit it running my grand-daughter home.

I dialled the 101 non emergency number to say if they did not come out quick someone was almost certain to crash into this van as it's on a blind bend sideways in the road they actually answered inside six rings and even more amazingly as I pulled away, in my rear view mirror looking back down the hill towards the village where they have the spare car parked, I saw blue lights shifting apace, so they actually woke the sleeping policeman and got him to earn his keep for a change !
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell post_id=23235 time=1588410533 user_id=48
No Borchester is rubbish at embedding YouTube vids,now fixed  :lol:  :lol:

Aha

And yes, it was a laugh

Cheers
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=23259 time=1588421951 user_id=51

They won't give numbers of individual police stations. They don't want you to call 999, so they get 112 introduced but there is a queue to answer it and a charge to call them. We already pay for the police through our taxes.

Customer service in this country has gone to pot.

Sometimes face to face is the only way to get anything done, but it is nearly impossible.

Some years ago I marshalled a street event, that entailed shutting off a town centre to ALL traffic.  I was, I suspect mistakenly, give a list of every local police officers mobile phone numbers and not accessible to the public police office numbers.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

One of the things I get from this is that most big companies and organisations really do put barriers up all the time to stop us contacting them.

How many emails do we get from utilities etc. where we would love to reply, but it is a send only email address. If we want to contact them we have to go through contortions on their website.

My wife had 3 Microsoft accounts over the years, we tried to delete two of those this morning, but although we were logged in to the one we wanted to delete, it actually deleted the account we did not want to delete.

We rang Microsoft and tried to speak to someone. For security, please enter 350 on your phone. *enters 350* sorry nothing was entered. 2 more attempts then cut off.

How about calling the police?

They won't give numbers of individual police stations. They don't want you to call 999, so they get 112 introduced but there is a queue to answer it and a charge to call them. We already pay for the police through our taxes.

Customer service in this country has gone to pot.

Sometimes face to face is the only way to get anything done, but it is nearly impossible.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=23237 time=1588411725 user_id=62
Many thanks Ollie.

Actually, I tried, albeit not very successfully.

I put the address in the Youtube thingie and trimmed the URL letter/number one at a time. Still no joy. My great grandmother  would leave the room when grand dad let the little chap out of the radio for his dinner. That may be the problem. Maybe my computer needs feeding?

No worries having characters on the forum is good
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=23235 time=1588410533 user_id=48

Many thanks Ollie.

Actually, I tried, albeit not very successfully.

I put the address in the Youtube thingie and trimmed the URL letter/number one at a time. Still no joy. My great grandmother  would leave the room when grand dad let the little chap out of the radio for his dinner. That may be the problem. Maybe my computer needs feeding?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

There should be a similar video for the police.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=23223 time=1588380209 user_id=63
An error Occurred Please Try Again Later

Some sort of audio streaming issue at youtube's end i guess

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

An error Occurred Please Try Again Later

Some sort of audio streaming issue at youtube's end i guess

Borchester

Algerie Francais !