Sparkly tat v Delaneys Donkey...

Started by DeppityDawg, May 02, 2020, 10:47:23 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Well if the lockdown has shown me one thing its that I don't know what all these stay at home DHSS crowd are moaning about . Feck me how do they get through our money so easily ,if it wasn't sending the boy up the road every other day for a bottle of Vodka and a few cans Id be doing well to spend my proposed state pension every week .

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester post_id=23249 time=1588416643 user_id=62
That is a good point. I can't match your £1300 a month and one of the secrets of my long and happy marriage is that I have never asked my wife how much she has in the bank or how much she weighs, but we have both saved a few tons, largely because there is nothing to spend it on.

I know the answer to both because a) we have and always have had a joint account, and b) the scales in the bathroom default to last known reading if you switch them off and on again. 10stone 4lbs  :lol:

So, the fact that the Metro Centre is now on the verge of shutdown because women can't go there and buy loads of sparkly old shite is good for the economy how exactly?

Nalaar

Likewise - It's actually got to the point whereby we ordered a new computer the other night, something we've been putting off for a year or so now, and even with that I've forecast we're going to come out financially better by the time my partner (hopefully) gets back to work in July.

It makes me think of the old smokers quotes of 'hey if you didn't buy cigarettes you'd have an extra £40 a week in your pocket' and then the person quits, and doesn't end the week with an extra £40 in their bank account. Where exactly the money ends up going is a mystery, but the lockdown seems to of cracked the nut.
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

My wife and I's home costs less than £800 a month to run. (Mind you we both squeak when we walk.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

I would agree. My food shopping bill is substantially higher each time but since I have only managed to get delivery once in every 2/3 weeks I find I am rationing each day to ensure it lasts. So all in all it has only slightly up. I have noticed that packets of quite a few things delivered have shrunk in size. I have done everything else online with the postman now trained to ring the bell and run, thus avoiding contact.

The big item missing for me is car parking. I would imagine that my local council is quite a fortune down on revenue together with the speed cops and cameras. I know that many councils are requesting financial help from government presumably through lack of traffic generally.

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=23240 time=1588412843 user_id=50
Ok, getting away from this coronashite for a while...

So, 2 pay days have come and gone since "lockdown". With me still working full hours on full pay, and Mrs Dawg furloughed on full pay (at part time rate), our household income has remained the same. But what has changed though, is outgoings. Looking at the coffers yesterday, there was over £1300 more in there than is usual this time of the month.

That is a good point. I can't match your £1300 a month and one of the secrets of my long and happy marriage is that I have never asked my wife how much she has in the bank or how much she weighs, but we have both saved a few tons, largely because there is nothing to spend it on.
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Ok, getting away from this coronashite for a while...

So, 2 pay days have come and gone since "lockdown". With me still working full hours on full pay, and Mrs Dawg furloughed on full pay (at part time rate), our household income has remained the same. But what has changed though, is outgoings. Looking at the coffers yesterday, there was over £1300 more in there than is usual this time of the month.

This has sparked off a fierce and unruly "debate" in the DD household as to where this money would normally have gone? I maintain that it would normally have gone on shoes and sparkly/spangly tat, and she maintains it would have been frittered away on beer and knackered old nags. So, a stand off has ensued this morning, but I've no doubt the exchange will be taken up again later when the wine comes out  :lol:

Ah, the fun of married life. This did however, result in her getting chased upstairs last night. Lot to be said for a few fireworks  :crzy