Main Menu

The "new normal"

Started by Barry, May 20, 2020, 12:44:59 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Normal will be more mindful of the risk of infection by those of us who know they haven't had the virus. Normal for those who have had it, and know it, will be great, because their concern has disappeared unless of course there is a family member who hasn't yet had it. It will involve people making their own decisions regardless of Government wishes as has already been seen. For those 'brave/stupid' souls who in their macho dream go out of their way to catch it, it won't matter what society demands and never has.

Perhaps there should be a new fashion. Some kind of hat or label that states 'I survived the virus' would tell others not to be too fearful of that section of society.

The worst scenario is that risk assessment all over the country is going to be based on London. So even though the North has more cases than London it will be given the same green lights. Crazy!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=25219 time=1589975099 user_id=51
 Perhaps mandatory vaccinations will be part of someone's idea of the new normal.

I hope so.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

I keep hearing this phrase all over the place.

The new normal will be...

We don't need a new normal or a changed normal, we just need the freedom to act as we wish within the law. We need to get back to normal, not a different normal, because that wouldn't be normal, would it?

Is this phrase a harbinger of things to come? Perhaps mandatory vaccinations will be part of someone's idea of the new normal.

Not for Australia, apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/20/a-new-normal-instead-australia-looks-like-it-could-return-to-business-as-usual-after-the-pandemic">//https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/20/a-new-normal-instead-australia-looks-like-it-could-return-to-business-as-usual-after-the-pandemic
† The end is nigh †