Main Menu

Quiet of late

Started by T00ts, May 24, 2020, 02:13:55 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26099 time=1590416968 user_id=116
Towards...?

We are already here. The political spectrum in the UK has never been wider. And Johnsons method of political narrative is that of Trump, especially in regards to Cummings. The only difference is the UK public are more skeptical of government than in America. But you still have the blowhards hanging on Johnsons every word.

That's absolutely untrue.

I speak to yanks quite a lot, they're far, far more sceptical of govt than us by a long way.

Even the Trump supporters turned on him when he came up with his BS about closing the 2 chambers of congress, and getting the DoJ to suspend habeas corpus.

What did we say?

How can we help you suspend our civil liberties? How can we be more obedient sheep?  :roll: Both left wingers and right wingers did that, equally, thankfully there are some in this country (incl a few on this forum) who are a bit more questioning than that.

Feck, look at the abysmal police record on this issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-urged-review-14000-fines-18286465.amp">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.waleso ... 286465.amp">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-urged-review-14000-fines-18286465.amp

All 44 charges brought under the Coronavirus Act – which allows officers to remove or detain a "suspected infectious person" for screening and assessment – were incorrect, including 13 wrongful convictions.

This country is a feckin joke.
+++

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26102 time=1590417701 user_id=116
you have nothing to lose but your chains.

Sure, if you want revolution. But hardship usually comes before that. And I would prefer social reforms. But if the class divide is what makes the proletariat understand their class distinction, then perhaps all this clusterfuck might be worth something.

What revolution? What chains?

I like the class divide , and as a middle class govan boy , nothing better than keeping a tight grip on those further down the food chain.

Im thoroughly enjoying brexit so far , and think the conservatives are doing a great job in sweeping aside all  opposition and upsetting all the bed wetting remoaners.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas post_id=26100 time=1590417087 user_id=58
Thats a good thing though isnt it?

you have nothing to lose but your chains.

Sure, if you want revolution. But hardship usually comes before that. And I would prefer social reforms. But if the class divide is what makes the proletariat understand their class distinction, then perhaps all this clusterfuck might be worth something.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26099 time=1590416968 user_id=116
Towards...?

We are already here. The political spectrum in the UK has never been wider. .

Thats a good thing though isnt it?
But you still have the blowhards hanging on Johnsons every word.

...and you will do till brexit is enacted. Dont take my word for it though , watch and learn.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B0ycey

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=26080 time=1590412237 user_id=70
...the UK seems to be on the path toward a Trumpian state...

Towards...?

We are already here. The political spectrum in the UK has never been wider. And Johnsons method of political narrative is that of Trump, especially in regards to Cummings. The only difference is the UK public are more skeptical of government than in America. But you still have the blowhards hanging on Johnsons every word.

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=26080 time=1590412237 user_id=70
 some suggesting special people should be afforded dispensation,

There is nothing special about Cummings, other than being an arrogant bastard.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26049 time=1590404163 user_id=89
If you think it is only "the terminally twee left" enraged by Cummings ignoring his own stay at home rules you must be living on a different planet.

(Seriously.)

With the Mail and Guardian in agreement over the Johnson-Cummings story, and some suggesting special people should be afforded dispensation, the UK seems to be on the path toward a Trumpian state...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26043 time=1590402414 user_id=89
Precisely he made the rules despite being unelected. I have to wonder what Rasputin type of hold Cummings has on Bojo.

I doubt it's the threat of being able to spill any beans. Johnson's careless disregard of truth and belief he "should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else" is already widely known. It's the fact that his personal pursuit for power is supported by so many in spite of everything that's worrying...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

You've all gone off at a tangent again - no wonder I can't get to the sense of the matter.   :roll:  We have the current Gov for 4.5 more years we need to start now and try to make the best of it. They are largely a bunch of self imagined studs sitting around like only 'men at work' do and getting no-where fast. I wish they had far more women to sort them out but that is a faint hope. It doesn't matter what they have or how rich they are. Can you show me anyone currently in Westminster with anything like the ability to lead a Government? I keep looking and I can't find one.

That being the case we can argue/pontificate/battle as much as we like but the truth is that nothing makes a jot of difference at this stage. We have had thousands of people die. As many families are in shock and grief. The last thing we need as a country is this ridiculous herd stupidity. Those who have an agenda a) kicking the current government, b) extending life with the EU, c) just general mayhem, because they are bored or malevolent, need to be put back in their boxes.

Come the end of the year we won't be ready to leave the EU, we will possibly be moved into the Nightingale Hospitals en masse for all we know so for goodness sake let's stop messing about with some chap's trip up North to offload his kid because both parents were looking into the abyss of sickness with no childcare. It's the least of our problems. It's time to get a grip. I am soooooooo fed up with the constant disappointment on all sides.

I seem to have stopped being quiet.   :roll:

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Javert post_id=26042 time=1590402336 user_id=64
I totally agree, but I'm not the one who has put myself into government by claiming that I'm going to "get rid of the Elites" whilst owning several houses and being a millionaire myself.

They have convinced many people that these people (who would've been called aristocrats in the old days) are the representatives of the good old ordinary people, whilst it's the "middle class" people who are the Elites.  Seen from that perspective, they are saying that the "Eliteness" is not related directly to income - it's more an inverse U shape - if you've got a comfortable amount of money and a few assets, you are the "Elite".  However, if you are a millionaire who doesn't pay any UK tax and thinks themselves above the law, but you make a few speeches about how the common people are being ignored by the Elites, and the one actually involved in making the rules, you are a good old ordinary lad just like who we would meet down the pub.  Really?  :crzy

I would be happy just to have a competent government and an honourable PM in power no matter what party right now - that would already be a major advance on the current situation.

Also - I think you are a bit naive about Cummings - if his influence was small and he was not heavily involved and instrumental in making those rules, I doubt they would be risking so much political capital to defend him.  

I guess the only other explanation is that they can't sack him without implicating themselves because it will then come out that they all knew all along what he was up to.

:hattip

(Also  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D  at some of the earlier comments en thread)
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Javert post_id=26055 time=1590406274 user_id=64
Has anyone mentioned that you can have barrels of beer delivered to your house these days?

I would have done but preferred to let him suffer.

Javert

Quote from: Borchester post_id=26045 time=1590402604 user_id=62
They should

(a) reopen the pubs for DD's sake. He is at least three barrels of draught beer behind

Has anyone mentioned that you can have barrels of beer delivered to your house these days?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=26045 time=1590402604 user_id=62

(b) carry on as before. Apparently the terminally twee left, which is determined to destroy the family, is enraged that Dominic Cummings went off to visit his elderly mum.

If you think it is only "the terminally twee left" enraged by Cummings ignoring his own stay at home rules you must be living on a different planet.

(Seriously.)

Borchester

They should

(a) reopen the pubs for DD's sake. He is at least three barrels of draught beer behind

(b) do the same with the shopping malls and give Mrs Thomas Tommy's credit card. The SNP have not been up to much lately and the lad needs something to really get his teeth into.

(c) close down the allotments. I have spent the last two months on my gardening and it has been wonderful. But right now everything aches and my aim is so bad that I have to sit down to pee, so I need saving from myself.

(b) carry on as before. Apparently the terminally twee left, which is determined to destroy the family, is enraged that Dominic Cummings went off to visit his elderly mum. In my immediate political which can best be described as decent working class rubbish, the general feeling is that is what sons are supposed to do and why haven't my little bleeders called? The kerfuffle won't harm Boris and will give the media something to bunny on about.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Javert post_id=26042 time=1590402336 user_id=64

I would be happy just to have a competent government and an honourable PM in power no matter what party right now