George Floyd Riots

Started by B0ycey, May 30, 2020, 01:19:30 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=26985 time=1590848100 user_id=53

But we wander off topic again , whats for supper ?

The Ball and Chain says she hasn't a clue what is for supper. (We have just had a bacon sandwich though.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26970 time=1590846667 user_id=89
It is the Tories austerity that has damaged Cornwall, I suspect beyond repair.

Not to mention the end of tin mining , the mechanization of farming , poor tourism, wasted grants  and the reduction of EU fishing quotas . Second homes and non working retirees who contribute little don't exactly make it an economic hub but rather somewhere that Corals and William Hill would be looking to open shop.  This of course doesn't lead to austerity ,it was the Tories that done it .

But we wander off topic again , whats for supper ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=26969 time=1590846572 user_id=53
You have been saying the Tories will get their arses bit for years yet we vote (never trust a tory) for them none the less . That either says we don't give a feck about foodbanks of that they are actually supplying decent grub for free and I want some of it .

Parts of Cornwall along with other costal towns around the UK have poor levels of deprivation  due to the Blair government dumping unemployed problem families on them . Its no good blaming the Tories for what was labours policy which 15-20  years later  has seen growing unemployment and second generation benefits claimants

It is the Tories austerity that has damaged Cornwall, I suspect beyond repair.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26957 time=1590844204 user_id=89
The denial by the current British government of the severe hardship millions of people are suffering is going to bite them on the backside.

I live in a very deprived area with the need for foodbanks increasing rapidly with the Tory MP needing to remove his blinkers. (He is local born and bred and seems oblivious to the carnage his governments policies have wrought.)

You have been saying the Tories will get their arses bit for years yet we vote (never trust a tory) for them none the less . That either says we don't give a feck about foodbanks of that they are actually supplying decent grub for free and I want some of it .

Parts of Cornwall along with other costal towns around the UK have poor levels of deprivation  due to the Blair government dumping unemployed problem families on them . Its no good blaming the Tories for what was labours policy which 15-20  years later  has seen growing unemployment and second generation benefits claimants

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26956 time=1590844074 user_id=116
Or in a few words, Dialectical Materialism.

:lol:  :clp
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26958 time=1590844491 user_id=116
I see you like the Anarcho-Capitalist flag Papa. If Cornwall is so hard up, can we expect to see this...

The Cornish flag is commonplace anyway.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26957 time=1590844204 user_id=89
The denial by the current British government of the severe hardship millions of people are suffering is going to bite them on the backside.

I live in a very deprived area with the need for foodbanks increasing rapidly with the Tory MP needing to remove his blinkers. (He is local born and bred and seems oblivious to the carnage his governments policies have wrought.)

I see you like the Anarcho-Capitalist flag Papa. If Cornwall is so hard up, can we expect to see this...

https://scontent.flhr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/81379886_2950172925001401_1857718224766894080_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=da1649&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=-DpugfPH_MAAX9LSyyG&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&_nc_tp=14&oh=841a86cfdc677d2a7619cf822b2accba&oe=5EF67082">

...fying high for independence as we saw the tricolor in 1848?

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26948 time=1590843697 user_id=116
people vote with their wallets.

It isn't human nature to just revolt Papa. Even the poor in the UK have a relatively good quality of life in comparison to Americas poor. This isn't political, but the way it is. History shows revolt requires hardship. Are you hard up? Or your neighbour or neighbours neighbour? There isn't going to be anyone going to Westminster anytime soon to loot. The closest we had was the London riots a few years ago when a few opportunists stopped what they were doing when the punishment actually fitted the crime and those Nikes weren't really worth it after all.

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=26953 time=1590843897 user_id=53
Declining historical  empires can hardly be classed as 'destroyed ' in the sense to which you allude  . Democracies and the democratic process ensure that unwanted governments can be replaced .

The quote wasn't mine but the point I was making was the UK will evole when the conditions decide they will. Or in a few words, Dialectical Materialism.

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26939 time=1590842745 user_id=116
America isn't going to destroyed? Never. Well... Rome was destroyed, Greece was destroyed, Persia was destroyed, Spain was destroyed. All great country's are destroyed.

Declining historical  empires can hardly be classed as 'destroyed ' in the sense to which you allude  . Democracies and the democratic process ensure that unwanted governments can be replaced .

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26948 time=1590843697 user_id=116
 Are you hard up?

i was till scotland removed the labour party , then we have never ever had it so good since then.

Are you hard up boycey?

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=26935 time=1590842010 user_id=53
Like most of these race protests the message is lost as soon as there is a free tv coming out of a shop window . The protest becomes a riot ,those in the original protest ask for calm and everyone eventually goes home and wonders why the feck they burnt down the local KFC .

Our government will not topple under any circumstances

Well said mate.

As soon as the looting began , the sympathy vanished like snaw aff a dyke in the sun.

Black american being done in by white yank cop is a nice cuddly feelgood topic for the brit left to jump on the bandwagon with , and take their minds off the major problems and latest defeat over cummings at home.

Tell you what though , i dont really follow yank politics , but if trump gets elected again , i think the brit left will top themselves over it . :lol:

It will be hilarious watching it , then potentially a hard brexit a month later to rub their feckin anti democratic noses right in the shite after it.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=26944 time=1590843101 user_id=89
No reason to revolt? I am surprised that the streets are not running with blood.

people vote with their wallets.

It isn't human nature to just revolt Papa. Even the poor in the UK have a relatively good quality of life in comparison to Americas poor. This isn't political, but the way it is. History shows revolt requires hardship. Are you hard up? Or your neighbour or neighbours neighbour? There isn't going to be anyone going to Westminster anytime soon to loot. The closest we had was the London riots a few years ago when a few opportunists stopped what they were doing when the punishment actually fitted the crime and those Nikes weren't really worth it after all.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey post_id=26939 time=1590842745 user_id=116
 The UK is nothing exceptional. It is just that as it stands, there is no reason to revolt.

No reason to revolt? I am surprised that the streets are not running with blood.

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=26935 time=1590842010 user_id=53
Our government will not topple under any circumstances

America isn't going to destroyed? Never. Well... Rome was destroyed, Greece was destroyed, Persia was destroyed, Spain was destroyed. All great country's are destroyed.

Any circumstance? History has shown all great empires topple. The UK is nothing exceptional. It is just that as it stands, there is no reason to revolt. But that won't be the truth forever.