Masks to be worn by everyone in public...?

Started by patman post, July 10, 2020, 06:43:59 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2020, 08:07:53 PM
Lets do some maths, Borchester has 18 per 100k that is 1440 London cases Barry has 12 and we had 10. Compared with yearly flu deaths with a vaccine hardly pandemic then. Which as is already widely admitted it was around from at least last November.

The data is published on the ONS website on a regular basis, the problem is the people who are making light of Covid-10 are the ones who will start the second wave. Which is looking to be sooner rather than later:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53540691

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Lets do some maths, Borchester has 18 per 100k that is 1440 London cases Barry has 12 and we had 10. Compared with yearly flu deaths with a vaccine hardly pandemic then. Which as is already widely admitted it was around from at least last November.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2020, 07:56:41 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2020, 07:51:32 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2020, 07:47:21 PM

Oh don't be sorry or you wouldn't have written it, of course your no doubt clever way of telling me just how clever you are, I believe you. Don't forget your mask.

I came to that conclusion about you years ago, I just forgot to ignore you.
I have a mask with refills plus a face shield.
But you started the conversation everytime, then when made a fool of, broke into insults, Don't forget your DDT, while you are there. No doubt there are some large insects in Cornwall.

Barry

There is another safety issue for most older people wearing masks, that is vision. I can't see properly without specs and I can't see through the specs with a mask on, as it steams up.
I choose to wear one in a shop, despite being exempt.
However, whilst in the shop I am looking out for the 12 people in a million in my area currently infected by CV19, which shows what a hammer to crack a nut mask wearing is.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2020, 07:51:32 PM

Oh don't be sorry or you wouldn't have written it, of course your no doubt clever way of telling me just how clever you are, I believe you. Don't forget your mask.

But you started the conversation everytime, then when made a fool of, broke into insults, Don't forget your DDT, while you are there. No doubt there are some large insects in Cornwall.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2020, 11:38:39 AM
Quote from: Streetwalker on July 25, 2020, 11:13:07 AM
So went to the golf club Friday morning , nobody wearing masks in pro shop , no social distancing .
Fri afternoon went to newsagent , man being served in front no mask , shopkeeper mask around neck . leaving shop passed woman ,no mask .
Popped in pub for a swift half dozen on way home . No social distancing ,people mingling and greeting in normal fashion ,handshakes cheek kissing ect .

If we are going to have the mask policy it needs to be enforced or forget it .

May I ask where you live please, just the town/city.

I live in Croydon , South London

papasmurf

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2020, 07:44:07 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2020, 07:41:01 PM
I couldn't careless about your voting reasons, I am just pointing something out, it really doesn't matter if you have noticed or not, as most people know I am pretty much retired from politics or otherwise there would be hundreds listening. As I told you before the last election, we still have the same web. Just because it is dormant for now, it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Sorry but you always strike me as if brains were dynamite you would not have enough to blow the wax out of your ears.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2020, 07:41:01 PM
I couldn't careless about your voting reasons, I am just pointing something out, it really doesn't matter if you have noticed or not, as most people know I am pretty much retired from politics or otherwise there would be hundreds listening. As I told you before the last election, we still have the same web. Just because it is dormant for now, it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Sorry but you always strike me as if brains were dynamite you would not have enough to blow the wax out of your ears.

Sheepy

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2020, 07:29:21 PM
Well to be honest, it is exactly the same media and it followers who have jumped on the latest fear mongering project and they are exactly the same media and followers who tried to frighten everyone to vote remain. That is a fact, as you like them so much.

I am sorry I have to repeat this but the ONLY reason I voted remain is because I knew the Tories would make a complete bog of it.

Sheepy

Well to be honest, it is exactly the same media and it followers who have jumped on the latest fear mongering project and they are exactly the same media and followers who tried to frighten everyone to vote remain. That is a fact, as you like them so much.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2020, 07:18:30 PM

Just little things I notice. No need to go off the deep end, as usual.

I was merely pointing  out a reality. The current Covid-19 emergency has nothing to do with Brexit.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 25, 2020, 07:13:27 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2020, 07:10:40 PM

you might be right, but as I notice certain things, have you noticed it is remain who have become the Totalitarians, who were trying to convince us leave  were the Totalitarians.

There  is zero connection to Brexit.
Just little things I notice. No need to go off the deep end, as usual.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 25, 2020, 07:10:40 PM

you might be right, but as I notice certain things, have you noticed it is remain who have become the Totalitarians, who were trying to convince us leave  were the Totalitarians.

There  is zero connection to Brexit.