Masks to be worn by everyone in public...?

Started by patman post, July 10, 2020, 06:43:59 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 01:19:19 PM

So please point out where I mentioned or that wearing a crash helmet in a car was a good idea or mandatory,methinks you misunderstood my post perhaps as I did your cartoon intent :P
If I misunderstood your post, I would apologise for that, but I didn't so I won't.
You are trying to conflate safety measures, so Sheepy added another. You didn't like that. Tough.
Just came back from shopping with my multi-use home made mask complying with the law. What a load of cobblers this is.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 01:31:34 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 27, 2020, 01:27:27 PM
Nah, you were using a different narrative to try and make this one count as being the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, which is complete bollox.
OK Sheeps you are actually twisting what I posted (I.e. The jury is still out) so I'll leave you with it.
Good because there is way to much misinformation flying around and I ain't buying into it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on July 27, 2020, 01:27:27 PM
Nah, you were using a different narrative to try and make this one count as being the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, which is complete bollox.
OK Sheeps you are actually twisting what I posted (I.e. The jury is still out) so I'll leave you with it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2020, 12:57:51 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 12:27:02 PMWho asked you if or you do wear a crash helmet in your car?
You moved the goalposts. This is about face masks and you tried to make it about seat belts, so Sheepy has every right to talk about crash helmets.
We won't mention that seat belts did not reduce the death rate on the roads, eh.
I moved no goalposts,mask wearing was brought in to reduce transmission of the virus whether that is totally correct the jury is still out but it is a requirement.
I illustrated how seat belts in cars and crash helmet use both at their respective times were judged to be taking away people's choices so there is a clear correlation with Sheepys argument and others too.
So please point out where I mentioned or that wearing a crash helmet in a car was a good idea or mandatory,methinks you misunderstood my post perhaps as I did your cartoon intent :P

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2020, 12:29:21 PMIf your masks steams up your specs, it's possible you're not wearing it correctly — for which you might have a valid reason — or you've got a faulty mask. Either way, it's obviously not doing at least 50% of its job.
Thanks.
I wear a home made mask. Perhaps it is faulty though, I'll have a word with the machinist.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 01:00:48 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 27, 2020, 12:41:08 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 12:37:37 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 27, 2020, 12:29:31 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 12:27:02 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 27, 2020, 12:24:19 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 12:14:41 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 27, 2020, 11:55:42 AM
Anyway Obesity is a narrative that has been floating around for years with somebody trying to think up a way of dealing with it, it looks like a golden opportunity has arrived, wear the mask, I ain't wearing your mask.
Do you wear a seat belt?
I do, but I don't wear a crash helmet in the car in case I get a head injury. After all if I don't wear a crash helmet in the car my chances of a head injury are greatly increased.
Who asked you if or you do wear a crash helmet in your car?
Just pointing out what a futile argument you are using, you said it all anyway, " if you don't comply"
Right so you complain that being required to wear a mask is taking away your choices and totalitarian,I point out seat belts and crash helmets were once seen that way and you come back with wearing a crash helmet in a car and you say my argument is pointless. :P
Personally don't give a rats if you or anyone else doesn't wear a mask or if you get fined HTH.
Yeah well my neighbour also bought a new sofa, I guess I had better buy one as well. Let us not forget the narrative has changed from masks being, should be only a choice and the WHO saying they are not effective on medical evidence, so just so you know I didn't come down in the last rain shower.
Sofas? Futile? Didn't come down in the last rain shower? Perhaps but you don't half talk a load of old drizzle  :D ;)
I could say the same about you and the WHO and the Government then couldn't I. But I said I am not trying to stop you following the changing narrative. Which you avoided and instead went on about my neighbours sofa. Maybe you should buy one as well.

cromwell

Anyway Obesity is a narrative that has been floating around for years with somebody trying to think up a way of dealing with it, it looks like a golden opportunity has arrived, wear the mask, I ain't wearing your mask.
Do you wear a seat belt?
I do, but I don't wear a crash helmet in the car in case I get a head injury. After all if I don't wear a crash helmet in the car my chances of a head injury are greatly increased.
Just pointing out what a futile argument you are using, you said it all anyway, " if you don't comply"
Right so you complain that being required to wear a mask is taking away your choices and totalitarian,I point out seat belts and crash helmets were once seen that way and you come back with wearing a crash helmet in a car and you say my argument is pointless. :P
Personally don't give a rats if you or anyone else doesn't wear a mask or if you get fined HTH.
Yeah well my neighbour also bought a new sofa, I guess I had better buy one as well. Let us not forget the narrative has changed from masks being, should be only a choice and the WHO saying they are not effective on medical evidence, so just so you know I didn't come down in the last rain shower.
Sofas? Futile? Didn't come down in the last rain shower? Perhaps but you don't half talk a load of old drizzle  :D ;)

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2020, 12:27:02 PMWho asked you if or you do wear a crash helmet in your car?
You moved the goalposts. This is about face masks and you tried to make it about seat belts, so Sheepy has every right to talk about crash helmets.
We won't mention that seat belts did not reduce the death rate on the roads, eh.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

just so you know I didn't come down in the last rain shower.

It isn't obvious.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Do you wear a seat belt?

patman post

Good to have it confirmed papaS (#126) doesn't  read posts before snapping into confrontational mode...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Do you wear a seat belt?

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2020, 12:29:21 PM

If your masks steams up your specs, it's possible you're either not wearing it correctly — for which you might have a valid reason — or you've got a faulty mask.

Rubbish, all that is needed to put the specs over the top of the mask, clean your specs with soap and water or use anti-fog spray.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Do you wear a seat belt?